Author Topic: LOL... Sasha Vujacic & Adam Morrison get in a physical altercation  (Read 304 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
That's right, the most annoying player in the league squares off with the crybaby from Gonzaga in an epic battle. Usually I post this type of stuff in the Laker topic, but these articles were just so entertaining that I figured even the non-Laker fans would like to see it. I bolded some interesting parts that stood out to me.

Vujacic and Morrison angry with each other in practice

SALT LAKE CITY — Sasha Vujacic has a special way about him as an irritant on the court, and Adam Morrison made abundantly clear in practice today that he’d had enough irritation.

Vujacic and Morrison were guarding each other in the Lakers’ 4-on-4 halfcourt practice, and Morrison loudly and angrily told Vujacic that he was sick of Vujacic’s grabs and elbows. Vujacic argued that Morrison was the one who initiated the problem by wrongly using his knee. The two argued for several minutes despite teammates and coaches trying to intervene, and when play resumed the two continued to go at each other with Morrison grabbing Vujacic’s jersey and the arguments sparking anew several times later.

Eventually co-captain Derek Fisher and assistant coach Brian Shaw tried to defuse the situation — although no one was overly concerned and Phil Jackson sat in the stands with some amusement as he watched it all. Still, both players remained clearly upset. DJ Mbenga — this was quite funny — came to Vujacic and Morrison toward the end and just said: “For me …” in an attempt to get them to cut it out as a favor to him.

The 4-on-4 matchups pitted Vujacic, Mbenga, Jordan Farmar and Luke Walton against Morrison, Andrew Bynum, Shannon Brown and Josh Powell. The Vujacic team won all the games, although Vujacic has shot 1 for 10 in the postseason. Morrison was moved to the inactive list for Game 3 to free up Mbenga.

Pau Gasol put in some extra time working on his free-throw stroke with assistant coach Kurt Rambis. Bynum said he will be more attentive to avoiding offensive fouls in Game 4, saying: “Keep my space to myself.”

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/04/24/vujacic-and-morrison-angry-with-each-other-in-practice/15745/

Lakers ready to rumble ... in practice

Today's main event at Lakers practice in Utah was Adam Morrison and Sasha Vujacic shoving one another with Morrison threatening over and over, "you grab my shirt one more time…"

"You should have seen it when I used to go at it with Shaq," Kobe Bryant said afterwards.

Clearly, this was not a big deal since neither Kobe or Lamar Odom even so much as moved from their seats as their two teammates were engaged in hand-to-hand combat during a late practice game of 4-on-4. (If you're keeping score at home, the team of Vujacic, Luke Walton, DJ Mbenga and Jordan Farmar easily handled the team of Morrison, Shannon Brown, Josh Powell and Andrew Bynum.). Phil Jackson found the Morrison-Vujacic altercation quite amusing.

These types of practice fights happen all the time. The old Knicks still talk about Charles Oakley and Xavier McDaniel trading haymakers on the first day of training camp back in 1991. It's just not every day that the media gets the chance to witness one.

Although a few years back a few of us were lucky enough to see Jerome James and Nate Robinson nearly came to blows. Robinson was so upset that he chased after James with a broom. Come to think of it, Jerome was lucky that a few teammates intercepted Robinson along the way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2009/04/lakers-ready-to-rumble-in-prac.html

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: LOL... Sasha Vujacic & Adam Morrison get in a physical altercation
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
in all seriousness though, as much as i laughed, we don't have time for chemistry issues between scrubs. especially after we just came off of a loss. last time we had a fight between two of our players, one of them got traded. for those of you who haven't seen the mihm/mbenga fight.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIruQmB22vk&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XIruQmB22vk&amp;fmt=18</a>

now THAT shit looked scary. there's 10 other lakers, plus the coaches, holding them apart. even lamar odom has to come over (while scratching his ass) from whatever he was doing to break it up. this sasha/morrison one didn't seem to have the same effect lol

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
get rid of both of em ... I'm sick of Vujacic bricking open looks and committing dumb fouls 40 feet away from the basket .. resulting in us being over the foul limiy very early in the quarter ...

westsiderider323

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 01:28:16 PM »
get rid of both of em ... I'm sick of Vujacic bricking open looks and committing dumb fouls 40 feet away from the basket .. resulting in us being over the foul limiy very early in the quarter ...

i agree

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
lol Sasha seems to find a way to get under everyone's skin.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 09:52:50 PM »
even tho sasha hit a couple key 3's tonite, i wouldnt mind tradin both of them either.

its funny how between the 3 worst contracts this season (radman, luke, sasha), we ended up gettin rid of the one who was playin the best for us. i don't know what he did to get himself in the doghouse and lost the playing time, but he lost himself a potential championship

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »

I've been saying, they should get rid of Sasha...

OchoCinco

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »
i always liked sasha, but he didnt play well for a while, last night he stepped up and knocked down a few 3's and thot played with energy

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »
even tho sasha hit a couple key 3's tonite, i wouldnt mind tradin both of them either.

its funny how between the 3 worst contracts this season (radman, luke, sasha), we ended up gettin rid of the one who was playin the best for us. i don't know what he did to get himself in the doghouse and lost the playing time, but he lost himself a potential championship

its prob cuz he sat on phil jacksons chair

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

tempo2

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:15:55 AM »
i personaly tink sit like ti is good for a tezam, it shows even the fringe players give a fuck and good practice means your gunna be good in game time situations.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »
Adam Morrison is the biggest homo in the league.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
Did you notice its the lakers that never get any playing time i dont think ive even seen morrison get of the bench this season and the mihm fight i dont think i ever saw mihm leave the bench in 3 years

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 12:17:37 PM »
LOL. the two worst players on our team. :-X

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 01:39:06 AM »
wow bench warmers scrappin' LOL do ur time and ride the pine :D