Author Topic: Kelis Files For Divorce From Nas  (Read 938 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Kelis Files For Divorce From Nas
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:43:22 AM »
The marriage between Queensbridge, NY rapper Nas and R&B songbird Kelis is officially over.

Vibe magazine reports that divorce papers were filed around 3:45 p.m. today (April 30) by attorney Laura Wasser on behalf of Kelis.

The songstress cited verbal abuse and infidelity as the reasons behind the filing.

"We request the media to respect her privacy during this very difficult time," a representative for Kelis said in a statement.

The split concludes the romantic saga between Nas and Kelis that began when the pair first met in 2002 at an TV Video Music Awards afterparty thrown by rap mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs.

The meeting at the afterparty resulted in a two year dating relationship that set the stage for Nas and Kelis’ marriage.

The couple officially tied the knot in a small ceremony in Atlanta on January 8, 2005.

Soon after, Nas and Kelis’ personal union segued into their professional lives, as Nas appeared on Kelis’ “In Public,” a single from her 2003 album Tasty.

Kelis made a cameo of her own with her featured role on Nas’ Hip Hop Is Dead album on the song “Not Going Back.”

Despite their collaborations and personal fondness for each other, rumors of Kelis and Nas separating began surfacing on the Internet in March 2008.

News of the couple’s divorce arrives as Nas and Kelis prepare for the arrival of their first child together.

Kelis is currently seven months pregnant with a son.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/04/30/21498569.aspx

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Jaydc555

Re: Kelis Files For Divorce From Nas
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:56:56 AM »
Nas couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:25:20 AM »
poppa was a player

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:41:05 AM »

The Predator

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »
Her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

MediumL

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
damn shame that, especially as theyve got a kid on the way
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Stinger

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »
Don't they have eachothers names tattooed????   Dam!!  Cover up time

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »
Her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

guess she can't keep em there

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 08:48:26 AM »

kemizt

Muhfukka

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »
haha

Elano

Nas & Kelis Call It Quits, Divorce Papers Filed
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »
Nas' R&B songbird wife Kelis has filed divorce papers citing "irreconcilable differences," after seven years together.

The divorce papers were reportedly filed in court on Thursday (April 30) afternoon.

Kelis wants to end her marriage to Nas, even though she's 7 months pregnant. Kelis filed for divorce today in L.A. County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. She is asking for spousal support and child support. She is also asking for joint legal and physical custody of their unborn child. (TMZ)
Her attorney Laura Wasser also confirmed the couple's divorce.

"I can confirm that she has filed for divorce," she wrote in a statement. "We request the media to respect her privacy during this very difficult time." (E! Online)
Both Nas and Kelis became romantically involved around seven years ago.

Nas and Kelis first met in 2002 at a MTV Video Music Awards afterparty thrown by hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs. After dating for two years, the pair married in a small ceremony in Atlanta on July 28, 2003. Their relationship even sparked artistic collaborations. Since March of 2008, rumors of the couple separating have been circulating on the Web. Nas' spokesperson could not be reached for comment. (Vibe)
Nas spoke on his first child with Kelis in a blog earlier this year.

"We have a black President, and what he has accomplished gives me hope for the future of our f*cked up country," Nas wrote last February. "I got too much to think about, and I didn't wanna leave all my fans out the loop. But I wanted to let ya'll know from me personally that I'm having my first SON!!!!! I been celebrating life ya'll. Also I want you all to know that the Nas and Damian Marley album is coming in the next few months. It's something we have been secretly working on. Tour this summer too!" (Global Grind)

Cali Climate

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 01:46:17 PM »
I bet it was Kelis who cheated on Nas. esco was waiting up for her in the dark kitchen at night, crying to himself. "Where were you!"

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »
I bet it was Kelis who cheated on Nas. esco was waiting up for her in the dark kitchen at night, crying to himself. "Where were you!"
I could totally see that
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
There's was just an article out on them deciding on a name for they kid together, shame.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »
Don't they have eachothers names tattooed????   Dam!!  Cover up time
Nas Has A Portriat Of Kelis On His Forearm I Believe!! Gunna Be Hard To Cover That Up!!  :D