Author Topic: Devin Tha Dude On 2Pac  (Read 995 times)

2euce 7even

Devin Tha Dude On 2Pac
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
Devin The Dude talks about the Homies and Thuggs freestyle

On being with in the studio with Tupac
When they did “Smile,” I went out [to Los Angeles] with [Scarface]. We stayed out in Oakwood Apartments [in Burbank] and Pac come in a big *ss black hummer with a big *ss bullhorn to scoop us up to take us to the studio. He was like, “Scarface! Come out with your hands up!” [Laughs.] We were lookin’ out the window and everybody was like, “Sh*t, what the f*ck is that?” We looked real close at the face and we were like, “Man, that’s f*ck*n' Pac.” He started laughing over the loudspeaker.

[At the studio] you had Facemob, the Outlawz, Pac, Face and everybody in one room. The Facemob and Outlawz were about to do a song together. They had a beat for us to do and while we was writing on it, Face turned to Pac and said about his cousin Jamal who had a camera, “Jamal is your favorite, man. He listened to your tape so much that your voice got hoarse on it. Can you just do a little something on the camera?” And [Pac] just ripped a long-*ss freestyle and Jamal recorded everything. It was real raw. We never did record the Outlaw and Face song, but they took that actual footage and put that verse on Scarface’s “Homies & Thuggs.” You hear the music [playing in the studio] in the background, too.

Then, we started recording and Tupac’s real hard about his music. The engineer was f*ck*n’ up a little bit because he was nervous. [Pac was giving directions] like, “Go back, let me go over that” or “Let me punch in right here.” [Then he’d get mad like,] “You recorded over what? Sit your *ss down. Try it again.” And then the engineer was cool and then like 20 minutes later, [Pac would be] like, “Let’s dub that” and [the engineer’s] like, “Oh you wanted to keep that?” And [Pac] stormed out of the studio and they were arguing. He chewed him out and then went back in the booth and I think [the engineer] did one little itty bitty thing. Pac just stormed out the booth, told him to stand up, took his chair, and swung it over there like, “You stand your *ss up for the rest of the session.” About 20 or 30 minutes later, he f*ck*d up again. [Pac] came out and told him, “Come out here in the hall.” He took him out in the hallway man and all you could hear was barkin’. That whole time man, they had like a big ass Ziploc bag full of blunts already rolled and every time one would go out, Pac would just look at somebody, and they’d have to fire another one up and pass it around. He was cool, but Pac was really serious about his work.

I think a lot of artists felt 2Pac was too serious and not always that fun to be around. As they say 'Pac was Pac'.

Jaydc555

Re: Devin Tha Dude On 2Pac
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »
Some people are just like that.their serious about their craft and don't tolerate ignorance and fuck ups.its a bit of a weird thing to throw in but that voice clip of Christian bale that came out when he was freaking out about the sound guy or whatever fucking up on the set of terminator.I didn't get what the big deal is.when someone is getting paid a lot of money they better not be making mistakes

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »
Christian Bale was actually yelling at the DP. The guy in charge of photographing the movie. I can understand frustration but at the same time, I also think there's a way that you treat people. I think in both Pac and Bale's cases, their anger was not unwarranted but you have to be professional in what you do on your side as well.

Lucifuge

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:28:23 AM »
LOL..another one ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

2euce 7even

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:43:52 AM »
you had Facemob, the Outlawz, Pac, Face and everybody in one room.
:o

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 04:31:32 AM »
you had Facemob, the Outlawz, Pac, Face and everybody in one room.
:o

What?

They did not intend to make gay gang bang.

lyrical gang bang  :o

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
nice read
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

FreeMac

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:47 PM »
Yeah, good read. I didn't know Devin was out there during that session. That freestyle came off hot though...when was it recorded? Sometime in August 96?

2euce 7even

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:06:50 PM »
i wonder why they didn´t record anything except this one song..
they could do more songs with devin, facemob,etc.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »
LOL..another one ;D

Why do you go into Pac threads and be a smart ass? I dont get it.

Mind your own, man.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 03:12:13 AM »
nice story

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »
DEVIN IS THE DUDE !!!!!!!!

Pac is Pac !
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »
Speaking of Face and Pac, what happened to that Cd that was supposed to come out featuring there unreleased collabs?
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Jaydc555

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »
Didn't that album leak?anybody have it?

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »
Didn't that album leak?anybody have it?

I was waiting for it it never dropped.
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?