Author Topic: eminem-3 am video  (Read 1061 times)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: eminem-3 am video
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
Dope video, makes the song better.
Well that has been the case with both "We Made You" & this.
Kinda sucks, he can't make a good song without a video.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
Comparing numbers to the way it used to be is irrelevent.   Even Wayne who had the most generated buzz since 50 still didn't sell that much.  If he sells 1 million in the first week it'll be good.

When something is played out, it's played. It's as simple as that. Maybe MMLP numbers are out of the question, but he won't even do Encore numbers. Most hyped rappers can do a mil a close to a mil in week 1. It's the following weeks that make wonder. I just can't see this album going 3x unless there is a real gem released as a single later on. And when you are a star as big as Em and spend a lot of cash producing and promoting the album and videos, under 3x doesn't cut it.

Dre Day, even if the songs were better the first single would still be very boring by now. It's like pro wrestling or Jerry Springer in the mid to late 90s. They would do all these shock TV storylines and the public ate it up. They still try the same thing today and no one cares. May Young giving birth to a had isn't any better than Kane and a corpse and Jerry Springer could have the most unlikely situation ever but the public won't care as much any more.

Eminem needs a new direction, plain and simple. He is losing his credibility as a serious artist with every album he releases in the old style and he's going to lose sales as well. Because it's not funny anymore and it's not shocking anymore.

As for the accent making him sound like a serial killer; that idea might have worked if it didn't sound so much like like the Ass Like That accent already. The voice is stupid and it needs to go.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 08:42:41 AM »
I agree with Shallow. I just can't understand how all those label heads + Em and Dre can be so stupid. Still trying to reach todays teenagers when it's obvious that they've moved on to Wayne, Kanye and T.I.. His core fanbase is in his mid/late 20's, TRL days are over.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 08:50:14 AM »
I agree with Shallow. I just can't understand how all those label heads + Em and Dre can be so stupid. Still trying to reach todays teenagers when it's obvious that they've moved on to Wayne, Kanye and T.I.. His core fanbase is in his mid/late 20's, TRL days are over.

I don't know if the Teens of today really have anything like they did when Em was going 9x. The only album on the Top 50 on Billboard that's even 3x is by Taylor Swift. In 2000 Em was going 9x. N Sync and Britney were both going Diamond+ and Backstreet Boys were still arounf there. Hannah Montana and Jonas don't do anything close to those numbers. Are there less teens today or are they just not all as intersted in the same things?

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
i wasnt feeling the song when i heard it, but the video was dope IMO.  Gotta give em props for making vids like this, def not something the pop culture pushes for.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:14 AM »
Comparing numbers to the way it used to be is irrelevent.   Even Wayne who had the most generated buzz since 50 still didn't sell that much.  If he sells 1 million in the first week it'll be good.

When something is played out, it's played. It's as simple as that. Maybe MMLP numbers are out of the question, but he won't even do Encore numbers. Most hyped rappers can do a mil a close to a mil in week 1. It's the following weeks that make wonder. I just can't see this album going 3x unless there is a real gem released as a single later on. And when you are a star as big as Em and spend a lot of cash producing and promoting the album and videos, under 3x doesn't cut it.

Dre Day, even if the songs were better the first single would still be very boring by now. It's like pro wrestling or Jerry Springer in the mid to late 90s. They would do all these shock TV storylines and the public ate it up. They still try the same thing today and no one cares. May Young giving birth to a had isn't any better than Kane and a corpse and Jerry Springer could have the most unlikely situation ever but the public won't care as much any more.

Eminem needs a new direction, plain and simple. He is losing his credibility as a serious artist with every album he releases in the old style and he's going to lose sales as well. Because it's not funny anymore and it's not shocking anymore.

As for the accent making him sound like a serial killer; that idea might have worked if it didn't sound so much like like the Ass Like That accent already. The voice is stupid and it needs to go.

well, from a critic point of view, i totally agree with you!
and you're right about the sales & perception of Eminem as an artist too.

i was just pointing out that, i can listen to Without Me, while it's far from original, it's still a lot better than We Made You to me  ;)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »
lets see if they show him wackin off to hanna montana

lol, that line really is annoying the shit out of you, huh!? :D
It's like you're in every Eminem thread these days, talking about that line of hannah montana :P
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
lol... forgive me  ;D

Matty

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:35 PM »
i thought that line would make an interesting visual but they skipped over it. don't think she even appeared on the tv...:laugh:

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
i thought that line would make an interesting visual but they skipped over it. don't think she even appeared on the tv...:laugh:

They'd probably catch a lawsuit if she did. That's how Disney rolls.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
kim prolly think shes the shit for slim callin her out or mentionin her name in his songs
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »

well, from a critic point of view, i totally agree with you!
and you're right about the sales & perception of Eminem as an artist too.

i was just pointing out that, i can listen to Without Me, while it's far from original, it's still a lot better than We Made You to me  ;)

Even "Without Me" was like 6 or 7 years ago when he was far less boring doing that. Yes, I do think Without Me is a better track. But I'd probably have preferred We Made You rapped in 03 with a regular voice than I would Without Me rapped with an accent in 09.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 01:42:51 AM »
 :grumpy: