Author Topic: [NEW] Eminem feat Dr Dre - Old Time's Sake (Produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 1849 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [NEW] Eminem feat Dr Dre - Old Time's Sake (Produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 08:14:14 AM »
I disagree. Dre did his job beat wise, you have to look through the Em & Dre history and see that he rarely dropped something spectacular for Eminem, he creats a whole different sound for him. It's usually a simple backdrop and Em just doing his thing as an MC.

Portugoal

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 08:22:05 AM »
I disagree. Dre did his job beat wise, you have to look through the Em & Dre history and see that he rarely dropped something spectacular for Eminem, he creats a whole different sound for him. It's usually a simple backdrop and Em just doing his thing as an MC.

Eh... in the past Dre made new and innovative beats for Eminem. This sounds generic at best.

Matty

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:27 AM »
indeed. i immediately think of 'my name is' when it comes to dre making a fresh and funky beat for em to rap on. it was also well documented how hard they worked on the musical side of the earlier eminem material. this just sounds like a watered down dre style beat. very generic.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »

Eh... in the past Dre made new and innovative beats for Eminem. This sounds generic at best.

Care to name one ? Other than Bitch Please 2 which was obviously intented for somebody like Snoop. Role Model, Gulity Concience, all the beats on Marshal Mathers (he did his best job on that album though), Eminem Show and don't even get me started on Encore. Best beats Em rapped on was from that duo I forgot their name, Jeff Bass and Mark or something like that.

Portugoal

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »

Care to name one ? Other than Bitch Please 2 which was obviously intented for somebody like Snoop. Role Model, Gulity Concience, all the beats on Marshal Mathers (he did his best job on that album though), Eminem Show and don't even get me started on Encore. Best beats Em rapped on was from that duo I forgot their name, Jeff Bass and Mark or something like that.

Guilty Conscience, Bad Guys Always Die, My Name Is (at the time that was new and inventive), Remember Me...

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
Fuck this, he kind of got away with this accent on the previous 2 but not this, in fact if this is how eminem wants to be remembered, then he is a retard. It must be a combination of all the drugs he has been doing and some dickheads at interscope thinking this accent is funny or something. I am not even going to bother listening to the album. I was anticipating this album so much after the colossal bullshit which was encore but that's it. I will go back to SSLP and MMLP and the first D12 album so I can appreciate just how good he was.

This voice on this song makes the track unlistenable

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 08:38:38 AM »

Guilty Conscience, Bad Guys Always Die, My Name Is (at the time that was new and inventive), Remember Me...

Gulity Conscience just had a simple piano beat with pretty much the same looop other than some guitar in the 2nd verse. Bad Guys Always Die wasn't on an official Eminem release :) and Remeber Me was also very simple, had the heavy bassline, that's it. I'll give you My Name Is.

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
About Guilty Conscience... that track was a 10 out of 10. Perfect from top to bottom!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 08:43:35 AM »
About Guilty Conscience... that track was a 10 out of 10. Perfect from top to bottom!

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love that track. I'm just saying the beat wasn't anything groundbreaking.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »

Gulity Conscience just had a simple piano beat with pretty much the same looop other than some guitar in the 2nd verse. Bad Guys Always Die wasn't on an official Eminem release :) and Remeber Me was also very simple, had the heavy bassline, that's it. I'll give you My Name Is.

My Names was only different because the sample was different. Don't make it soud like Dre did anything special he usually doesn't.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »
The beat is dope, dre parts are cool

what the fuck i hate that accent its fucking stupid no one told him when he started doing it?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 09:08:49 AM »
Just gave this a spin, it's alright for what it's worth. The beat sounds like a tweaked version of Rain Man mixed with Dre's usual string patterns. Not as tight as 3 A.M. but even that took a minute to grow on me.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
one of the most generic Dre beats I have ever heard
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
Dre & EM need to retire!

MediumL

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »
beats real boring. they come alright on the rapping but the beat sucks. I prefer We Made u and 3am
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>