Author Topic: [NEW] Eminem feat Dr Dre - Old Time's Sake (Produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 1837 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: [NEW] Eminem feat Dr Dre - Old Time's Sake (Produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
yea, if i want to hear a washed up rapper with a stupid accent and and old man who is still making the same beats he was 10 years ago rapping about smoking, this is for me!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »
Relapse instrumentals will be more bumpable than the real album.

this shit sucks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 03:49:22 PM »
what worries me is that this is probably the most bumpable track for me outta the 4 released so far.

We made u is soemthing only the hardcore eminem groupies who love everything he makes and call it a monster each and everytime will feel. I cant get into it myself at all. I've actually heard it quite a few times too which is funny, like its on alot when i be at the gym or whatever but i cant accept that for eminem at this stage of his career.

Crack a bottle is average to horrible in each and every aspect.

3 am is decent, its gotta nice hook and its not all that bad to be honest, its just not great either.

and this, which has a bouncy sorta beat, its energetic but it almost sounds like a beat eminem would make. It kinda reminds me of a simplified version of the beat eminem made for the game for his first album. The drums are nice and its made well and its energetic so its not a bad track, its just at this stage of eminems career, you would think dude would not be fucking with stupid acccents like this throughout a whole track pretty much. He actually flows pretty great on this, even soem of his words with the flow and the beat come off great but he is saying alot of stupid shit and the accent almost makes him sound like a clown. Im diggin the ways dre drops into the joint and his last verse, he almost is the track.

Im starting to worry about this, it almost feels like encore pt 2. A step up...lmao which aint saying much...

in order of how im digging the joints...

old times sake= intended uptempto track, nice to a certain extent, just eminem is almost a clown now, im nearly used to listening him like this on a track and without any shock now. lol...generic dre beat
3 am = not bad, solid album track - decent dre beat, sounds like a 50cent left over beat
we made u/crack a bottle= wack

thats just my opinions!

pz!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »
Oh and about dres work with slim on MMLP and SSLP = GREAT ...everything since, either dre has been dissapointing or eminem has fucked up the track imo

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
^^ I still don't understand what is so horrible about Crack A Bottle, minus the chours ? What exactly bothers you so much ?

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »
what worries me is that this is probably the most bumpable track for me outta the 4 released so far.

We made u is soemthing only the hardcore eminem groupies who love everything he makes and call it a monster each and everytime will feel. I cant get into it myself at all. I've actually heard it quite a few times too which is funny, like its on alot when i be at the gym or whatever but i cant accept that for eminem at this stage of his career.

Crack a bottle is average to horrible in each and every aspect.

3 am is decent, its gotta nice hook and its not all that bad to be honest, its just not great either.

and this, which has a bouncy sorta beat, its energetic but it almost sounds like a beat eminem would make. It kinda reminds me of a simplified version of the beat eminem made for the game for his first album. The drums are nice and its made well and its energetic so its not a bad track, its just at this stage of eminems career, you would think dude would not be fucking with stupid acccents like this throughout a whole track pretty much. He actually flows pretty great on this, even soem of his words with the flow and the beat come off great but he is saying alot of stupid shit and the accent almost makes him sound like a clown. Im diggin the ways dre drops into the joint and his last verse, he almost is the track.

Im starting to worry about this, it almost feels like encore pt 2. A step up...lmao which aint saying much...

in order of how im digging the joints...

old times sake= intended uptempto track, nice to a certain extent, just eminem is almost a clown now, im nearly used to listening him like this on a track and without any shock now. lol...generic dre beat
3 am = not bad, solid album track - decent dre beat, sounds like a 50cent left over beat
we made u/crack a bottle= wack

thats just my opinions!

pz!
agree

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2009, 04:01:19 PM »
And yo Mauzip, can you please cut Eminem out and just leave his chours + of course Dre raps. Thanks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »
^^ I still don't understand what is so horrible about Crack A Bottle, minus the chours ? What exactly bothers you so much ?

Its supposed to be a feel good/club sorta track right? 'crack a bottle'...

The hook is almost something like a kid just spit on the mic for the first time, screaming some random shit which sounds terrible. Eminems verse actually is not very good, its not terrible but its just not good, he just seems like his screaming on it and the beat is to thick for his voice.

Dres verse is good and he actually sounds the most natural on the beat.

50 cents verse...or few bars are just there for no reason...can anyone tell me what his purpose was on the track? to add what? he dont sound bad on it, he just sounds out of place, its too random.

And the beat is boring, the original sample is wack and the joint is the sample.

And this all meant to be a club sorta track.The main things about a club track are the beat and the hook...both fail. Weak shit imo. I aint falling for no poor shit, im a huge dre fan, i loved alot of eminems tracks too and i like grodt, but i'll tell it like it is to me and this aint it for me.

I hope nas and marley still working on an album because thats top of my wish list now. When i first heard dre was producing a whole eminem album pretty much i was excited even with the calibre of dre shit for a while now. But after hearing all this, i'll still cop his album but just to sort of continue my collection more than anything lol.

thats just me though, im sure some will disagree, others agree ;-)

pz!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2009, 04:17:20 PM »
Ok, fair enough. I can basically see your point about everything, except: why is 50 there ? This was a comeback joint from 3 of the biggest artist on Interscope, makes sense that he's there. If anyone seems out of place it's Eminem, I've actually cut him out of the track and I only have Dre and 50 and they mash well together. And I also don't see how this beat is boring. Dre has done a lot of boring beats since parting way with Elizondo but not this one: it has the horns, keys, piano, violins, orchestra voice; it actually works great for a staduim peformance or something like that.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2009, 04:20:44 PM »
Storch & Dre >>>>>>>>Mike Elizondo, Mark Batson & Dre>>>>>> Dre by himself

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

thegooddoc

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »
love this track.  This must be the track Dre was talking about scratching on.   8)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 04:45:02 PM »
Here's a version without Eminem I made

enjoy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/59603847df5a97a4/

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
Here's a version without Eminem I made

enjoy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/59603847df5a97a4/

Really ? I would have never gussed based on the title.  :)

Thanks, sounds much better. It's actually a really cool joint now.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »
its aite
production:its got that dre sound
ems part:wack cuz of that accent
chorus:better
dre's part:he came thru
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
the version without em is much better! props.