Author Topic: My Video Interview w/ Bishop Lamont: Talks Em's RELAPSE, Dre's DETOX & More!  (Read 2001 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
There's a lot of "friction" going on between Dre and Jimmy at the moment...
good, hopefully they part ways

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good point. its as if every time they shuffle things around over there, bishop's album gets left with the short straw. releasing it off interscope may be the only way it would ever come out. in that case, i'm dubious that the amount of dre beats would probably be cut in half or more, providing they haven't already been given to 50.

He's still got those Dilla, Premier, Pete Rock, Rza, Hi Tek etc etc beats, its all good

Hittman2001

There's a lot of "friction" going on between Dre and Jimmy at the moment...
good, hopefully they part ways

One can only hope...

Jaydc555

Being a fan of dre is like being a fan of watching grass grow

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
remember... "Restless" was not on Interscope/Aftermath... but Dre was the Exec. and it had that feel... and no pop shit

who knows?

Know what I mean?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Friction?

Is it safe to assume tracks like Crack a Bottle are reflective of Jimmy?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Friction?

Is it safe to assume tracks like Crack a Bottle are reflective of Jimmy?

Tracks like "We Made You" more so...

Matty

well the consensus on all em's new material seems to range between poor - good. not really very exciting considering dre's involvement and the need for them to come out strong and really make some noise.

it seems to be a given that the best material and some kind of new sound will be saved for detox but i got a feeling things could all turn sour very quickly. jimmy would be crazy to not push hard for detox releasing soon as its the only album they might make big money off of. in the current climate, where sales keep declining, the longer they leave it, the less money they will make off detox. its that simple, it doesn't matter how good it is.

this doesn't really fit in with dre's attitude as he could probably spend a few more years working on it and signing/dropping several more artists from aftermath along the way.

the whole business model is in the process of changing to a more democratic system led by the internet. interscope don't know what to do. dre works on detox so long that by the time its ready to come out the global econmomy is in sharp decline and literally nobody is buying records. there's something really funny about this reality, will it all end in tears? :laugh:

dj smeeze

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • inDAstreets BAYMAAC - ORIGINAL D/A RIDA
dont dre owe jimmy like 9 million dollars for detox that jimmy gave him years ago, and interscope as a rap label is over, wouldnt be surprises if they were shut down within a year or 2 (wink wink)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ9LVfNXDj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ9LVfNXDj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTUQDASKZZA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LTUQDASKZZA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well the consensus on all em's new material seems to range between poor - good. not really very exciting considering dre's involvement and the need for them to come out strong and really make some noise.

it seems to be a given that the best material and some kind of new sound will be saved for detox but i got a feeling things could all turn sour very quickly. jimmy would be crazy to not push hard for detox releasing soon as its the only album they might make big money off of. in the current climate, where sales keep declining, the longer they leave it, the less money they will make off detox. its that simple, it doesn't matter how good it is.

this doesn't really fit in with dre's attitude as he could probably spend a few more years working on it and signing/dropping several more artists from aftermath along the way.

the whole business model is in the process of changing to a more democratic system led by the internet. interscope don't know what to do. dre works on detox so long that by the time its ready to come out the global econmomy is in sharp decline and literally nobody is buying records. there's something really funny about this reality, will it all end in tears? :laugh:

This isn't the album Em and Dre intended for initially... it's what Jimmy wanted. That's why Em is putting out 2 albums. So it was kind of rushed in comparison...

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
anyone who thinks they will allow to Bishop to release his album with all those supposed Dre beats on another label is a damn fool
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Matty

thanks for the responses rebel. everything you've said makes sense especially 'relapse' being jimmy approved. that would definitely account for the poor quality and rushed sound of the output. still, i don't see how the chances are very good for anything being different for the 50 album or relapse 2 even seeing the light of day.

'relapse' won't be the big seller it could and should have been with the right execution - some crumbs on the table but nothing spectacular for jimmy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:24:38 AM by Matty »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks for the responses rebel. everything you've said makes sense especially 'relapse' being jimmy approved. that would definitely account for the poor quality and rushed sound of the output. still, i don't see how the chances are very good for anything being different for the 50 album or relapse 2 even seeing the light of day.

'relapse' won't be the big seller it could and should have been with the right execution - some crumbs on the table but nothing spectacular for jimmy.

Yeah Jimmy Iovine is the "cancer" of the label and Hip Hop music in general. He's completely lost sight of what fans want from Hip Hop music. It's all money, politics and BS with him.

Digital Pimpin'

Is anyone bringing the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement back?  :D

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is anyone bringing the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement back?  :D

Sign me up....