Author Topic: I think we have a cosensus: Eminem's accent sucks, and will ruin Relapse  (Read 3753 times)

Prof@ssor

Seriously, is THIS his "New Direction" or "New Flow"?

Then it sucks to me.

Most fans think it sucks too.

Matter fact, most people on planet Earth think it sucks.

Is it possible that Dre and Interscope don't give a fuck because he is one of the best selling artists of all time? Or they just don't have the balls to say it?
We Made You, 3 A.M., Crack a Bottle and now this new song have one thing in common: this FUCKING ANNOYING ACCENT.

We Made You had an awesome beat: but the subject is very "has been" and has no replay value due to the accent.
3 A.M. has a very original concept, yet the beat it boring...and then the accent again.
I will not even talk about Crack A Bottle.

To end, this new song has a good beat (although it sounds very uninspired, in the sense that it is a lame copy of Dre's own Coors light commercial/ Ya Boy's American Gangster/ prolly 1548792 other songs lol

I have...kinda...lost all hopes for Relapse. No joke.

Matty

the beat also has a similar structure (with the chords) to 'western union - cali grown' which is a better beat/track.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
what accent is he usin..

kuz im not a fan..but i have heard enough of his shit to say it all sound the same..cept now he sounds like pee wee herman

he show ass hell aint speakin english in german, jamican dutch, or got damn me european

i see on every board i visit his fans complain bout the accent..

yet not 1 somebody has yet to explain what accent is he usin..

onlyt hing i notice on old time sake was he was usin pharoah monch's flow..

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:16:43 AM by 3rd Coast »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I agree with everything you said except Crack A Bottle. Lovely beat, Em with no accent, dope verse from Dre and one of the best 50 Cent peformances single wise since a long time. The chours is the only thing that should be done by somebody else.

And I too, have lost all faith in Relapse. Damn you accent.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yep same here, a great way to alienate all his fans, the ones who stayed fans despite Encore being a piece of shit lol

PLANT

ya theres no doubt the accent sucks I cant believe he thinks its cool or sounds good... :-X :-\

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wouldn't say it ruined it for me, but it is disappointing to see so much of it. Without the exception of We Made You, I'm diggin' the tracks so far though. Funny voice or not, based on what I've heard I think Relapse won't be anything like the disappointment Encore was. I'm already certain of this, as far as Eminem albums go:

The Marshall Mathers LP
The Slim Shady LP
The Eminem Show
Relapse
Encore.

What I've heard off Relapse is, in my opinion, decent stuff - and 3 A.M. was straight up ill. It's not shaping up to be a huge event by any means, but for me Relapse = a purchase. I'm looking forward to other releases more (Blackout 2, out the same day, for instance), but if you ask me, Relapse is shaping up to be a cool record. I admit I'd prefer Eminem sans weird voice, but at least his flow is back to its good old self.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
i dont think it will ruin it, the accent can be annoying; but after a few listens you almost forget its their.

3 A.M. is ill & so is the new track with Dre. 8)

as long as his lyrics stay good & Dre keeps dropping monsters, it should shape up to be a dope album. 8)

Matty

'dre keeps dropping monsters' - come on man none of this material for 'relapse' could possibly be what you'd call 'monster' in terms of production. i respect the opinion but to me thats laughable. at least they didn't dissapoint everyone though...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
'dre keeps dropping monsters' - come on man none of this material for 'relapse' could possibly be what you'd call 'monster' in terms of production. i respect the opinion but to me thats laughable. at least they didn't dissapoint everyone though...

okay, maybe monsters isnt the right word; just an exaggeration lol.

but i am loving the beats for We Made You, 3 A.M. & Old Time's Sake. 8)

he has come so correct on these three beats imo, plus they are all good in the sense that they fit Slim's style & sound.

but yeah, monster wasnt the right term lol. :P

Matty

fair enough, but i'm not buying into any of the other arguments either - fits ems style, minimalist, just a single, etc. i'm straight up hating on these new productions :laugh:

and now we've heard 3 singles that should be some kind of indicator of what the full album might be like - rubbish.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I wouldn't say it ruined it for me, but it is disappointing to see so much of it. Without the exception of We Made You, I'm diggin' the tracks so far though. Funny voice or not, based on what I've heard I think Relapse won't be anything like the disappointment Encore was. I'm already certain of this, as far as Eminem albums go:

The Marshall Mathers LP
The Slim Shady LP
The Eminem Show
Relapse
Encore.

What I've heard off Relapse is, in my opinion, decent stuff - and 3 A.M. was straight up ill. It's not shaping up to be a huge event by any means, but for me Relapse = a purchase. I'm looking forward to other releases more (Blackout 2, out the same day, for instance), but if you ask me, Relapse is shaping up to be a cool record. I admit I'd prefer Eminem sans weird voice, but at least his flow is back to its good old self.

so you're really going to buy it?
interesting, i respect that you can get past the accent, cause i can't.

fair enough, but i'm not buying into any of the other arguments either - fits ems style, minimalist, just a single, etc. i'm straight up hating on these new productions :laugh:

and now we've heard 3 singles that should be some kind of indicator of what the full album might be like - rubbish.
true, Dre didn't impress me with those 3 either( for the record, we're not including Crack a bottle right?)
then again, i haven't got an instrumental for 3am.

luckily, there's still a lot of Dre stuff to come: the rest of Relapse, Relapse 2, Raekwon's album + Snoop ( supposely a few tracks)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:09:24 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Matty

dawaun parker said the album was dark, ill and dope. something to do with the fact that he worked on it? :laugh: i'm loving how all these people who hyped up the album originally haven't really got much credibility left.

i anticipate downloading the grouprip and laughing some more :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
dawaun parker said the album was dark, ill and dope. something to do with the fact that he worked on it? :laugh: i'm loving how all these people who hyped up the album originally haven't really got much credibility left.

i anticipate downloading the grouprip and laughing some more :laugh:
i know, never buy into promo  :laugh:

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Em has been garbage for several years now.  He used to be one of the best but that was a long time ago.

DIP DIP SET SET