Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW  (Read 6824 times)

Paul

Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2009, 02:48:41 PM »
WHY WONT HE WORK WITH GAME NO MORE

WHY IS HE WORKING WITH 50 AND NOT GAME

cause game is unbelievably average

50 hasn't been hot since 2005

I know

i always wondered how people cood say that about the top artists in the world and still consider their opinions right or justified.  better yet, the people that talk shit couldn't even write a decent 16 or put together a simple drum pattern... it truely is one of the great mysteries of life.

50 can make a hit record, doesnt mean to say he can compete with the best in terms of quality of hip hop, top and good are completely different things.

Game is just so boring and predictable, thats why i prefer 50 over him though cause i know somewhere in 50 he could put out quality if he gets focused.

Ya dig?

Opinion is one thing, but you can't say 50 hasn't put out quality music.  Look at how many albums and mixtapes he's put out since he began.  I'm sayin; it's like how can you call an artist like 50 garbage (some people do) when he's put out a bigger body of work than most "legends" in this game.  He and others put out a way bigger body of work compared to the greats like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane, etc.  If Kane and Ra put out as much work as 50 or Wayne then i can guarantee that people wood be judging as above average artist on tha same level as 50.  Think about it, if 50 didn't release 1000 mixtapes and 5 albums and kept all of his best work on those albums and mixtapes and condensed them down to 7 or 8 albums (no mixtapes, no unreleased shit, no nothing- just straight albums) then everybody on here would never talk shit about the man.  And i dont wanna get too deep in it but (im bored) but imagine if Tha Massacre & Curtis looked like this:

1. Intro (0:41)
2. In My Hood (3:51)
3. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight (3:51)
4. Candy Shop (3:29)
5. Get In My Car (4:05)
6. Ski Mask Way (3:05)
7. A Baltimore Love Thing (4:17)
8. Ryder Music (3:51)
9. Just A Lil Bit (3:57)
10. Position Of Power (3:12)
11. Build You Up (2:55)
12. God Gave Me Style (3:01)
13. So Amazing (3:16)
14. Hate It Or Love It (Remix) (4:23)

1. Intro
2. My Gun Go Off
3. Man Down
4. Still Will Kill (ft. Akon)
5. I Get Money
6. Ayo Technology (ft. Justin Timberlake)
7. Follow My Lead (ft. Robin Thicke)
8. Movin’ On Up
9. Fully Loaded Clip
10. Amusement Park
11. Peep Show (ft. Eminem)
12. All of Me (ft. Mary J. Blige)
13. 187
14. Smile (I Am Leaving)

Now i'm sure some people wood feel a lil different but as far as i hear it those were the best tracks on the album.  Not including all of the original music on the mixtapes like "5 hearbearts" and so many more.  Fact is 50 got mad quality music, most people dont listen or even check 4 all of the mixtapes he's put out over the years bcuz it used to be so much to keep up with (like Wayne).  Pac obviously was a different story, but everybody isn't Pac and there can only be one Pac.  Cube couldn't pull it off, Dre couldn't pull it off, and Biggie couldn't pull it off.  You have give him his props for putting out so much quality and quantity.  Listening back to the Curtis & Massacre albums you can see how good they are.  And this isn't all directed at you Paul but it kills me to see how people hate on shit for no reason and half the time they don't know wat they're talking about.

Im not hating on 50, i said i prefer him over Game and if the focus is there 50 can make hot records again, dont get me wrong he has made some good tracks over the last couple of years (Ill Still Kill for 1) but theres no consistincy in the quality,

But like some1 else said id rather have 50 whos capable of a classic than Game and his consistant mediocrity
funkyfreshintheflesh

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »
Although doctor Dre is a recluse and probably has some sort of social anxiety disorder, I want you to be hard on him. Leave those dick sucking and praising questions to XXL. Torch him like Frost did to Nixon.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »
Couple questions:

- Ever since the 50 and Game beef escelated, 50 has been claiming and Game never denying that 6 songs from the Documentary were originally 50 Cent songs, 3 of those include Westside Story, Higher and How We Do. Can you comment on that ?

- What is your relationship with Xzibit ?

- Stat Quo, Rakim, Raekwon situations

- you've always been known as a pefrectionist but how do you explain releasing Encore and Curits, who were commercially successfull but not cirticaly.

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »
Although doctor Dre is a recluse and probably has some sort of social anxiety disorder, I want you to be hard on him. Leave those dick sucking and praising questions to XXL. Torch him like Frost did to Nixon.

I don't think he has social anxiety, I think he either stays out of the public eye as a way to boost his celebrity and appear more "legend like", or he thinks it's too much of a distraction, or both. But ask him about this too, does he dislike being famous?

2euce 7even

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »
plz ask him about
prince ital joe
admiral dancehall
big pimpin
hugg
david ruffin jr.
paradise

where he found them,etc. esp. prince ital joe..

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »
Couple questions:

- Ever since the 50 and Game beef escelated, 50 has been claiming and Game never denying that 6 songs from the Documentary were originally 50 Cent songs, 3 of those include Westside Story, Higher and How We Do. Can you comment on that ?

Yeah, he said he create the core concepts then Game heard the tracks (what 50 already spit) and then remade them.  The other three were Church for Thugs, Special, and Hate It or Love It.   Ask him this shit.  I've been wondering which one of'em is telling the truth about this situation. 

Though, I doubt Dre is going to expose either of them.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

jeanmiche777

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
still can't beleive you going to interview him. He almost never does interviews.

The questions I really want him to answer are those:

Will Detox have the same INCREDIBLE replay value than 2001?
Is it still the plan to release i with only 13 tracks?
If that is the case, what will he do with all the features he supposedly recorded these past few years?

And finally... did Devin the Dude recorded any hook and/or verse for Detox  8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »

And finally... did Devin the Dude recorded any hook and/or verse for Detox  8)

yea yea

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »
Thanks for all the Q's...  This is one of my all-time favorite Dr Dre interviews, or just interviews period (The Dr Dre, Scratch Magazine Interview - a dope magazine i really miss btw).  link:
http://www.dr-dre.com/info/interview_scratch_dr_dre.php

Muhfukka

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »
ask him how it feels to be obsessed about by so many europeans. then maybe ask a question or two about why hes lying about putting out another cd

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2009, 10:40:55 PM »
when is the interview coming

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »
ya, I've got a GREAT question for the Good Doctor.

01.Will you (Dr. Dre) ever grow a set of balls & release some tracks using the D.O.C.'s current voice? preferably featuring Six2, like on some mass-murder psycho shit! i.e. Helter Skelter-esque. >:(  :o >:(

02.When can we expect a Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Eminem & 50 all spitting on the same track?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

03.also does Dr. Dre listen to or know of any Rachmaninov pieces? if NOT he's needs to use some of his samples.  ;D  8)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:20:39 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2009, 12:03:50 AM »

as ive added to Jons initial post this is very much in the early stages and may or may not happen...this is not a quick-fire turn around situation as im sure you appreciate.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Muhfukka

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »
wow

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2009, 01:03:04 AM »
Thanks for all the Q's...  This is one of my all-time favorite Dr Dre interviews, or just interviews period (The Dr Dre, Scratch Magazine Interview - a dope magazine i really miss btw).  link:
http://www.dr-dre.com/info/interview_scratch_dr_dre.php

yeah Chad Vader & some other poster, posted scans of it on the forum.
i have re-located them in my Detox topic ( check my signature).

as ive added to Jons initial post this is very much in the early stages and may or may not happen...this is not a quick-fire turn around situation as im sure you appreciate.
damn, i thought a deal was made.
well i'm glad we got this opportunity anyway, so let's hope it will happen.

lol, i'm against censorship & i want a lot of topics to be covered, but how important is it to be totally confronting?
if you press him too much, it will fuck up the interview.
i hope you understand that respect is very important when communicating.

i think the most important thing, is to find the best approach & get the best possible answers out of Dr.Dre.
i believe that Chad & Jonathan will be able to pull that off, as their history speaks for itself.