Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW  (Read 6835 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2009, 01:19:56 AM »
Is money really that important to you where you will choose a new york artist over a west coast artist?
  So in a situation where two of your friends or business associates are fighting, you should automatically side with the one who lives closest to you?

How do u feel about the fact that your gonna be over the edge nearly hittin 50 by the time ur album drops?
Over the edge? Who is he, Mel Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon? The term for old is "over the hill".

nabbe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2009, 02:46:27 AM »
Ask him about "Blunt tyme" song if 2pac and Lady of Rage was in the original one ?

Ask him also how many songs he recorded with 2pac?

Peace

Chad Vader

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2009, 03:53:20 AM »
- will there be a soundtrack to the upcoming NWA movie?
if so, could you and the rest of the living NWA members get together one more time & make a record, why the fuck not!
(somewhat similar question was asked, but mine has a twist)

- do you perceive the perfectionist mentality more as a curse than a blessing, or what?
if you feel that it's mainly a curse, are you going to do something about it?

-what else have you done to develop yourself more as a producer, since you started studying musical theory?

-are you satisfied with the deal you have with interscope?
do you still regret that you don't have the same position as Eazy-E had with Ruthless Records?

- will you ever apologise for making Eazy-E & Jerry Heller look bad?

- are you still looking for artists to work with?

- could you tell us some more about the Six 2 situation with aftermath?

- why didn't you hook up again with Six 2 to collaborate outside of aftermath?

-what's your relationship with Erotic D?

-are you really going to executive produce a new album for the DOC?

^^^yeah... and;

-pretty much the status on NWA. Will there be a reunion album, if the movie gets a green light?
-Have him drop some words about all the artists and producers he has worked with.

Did his publicist or whoever is in charge of promotional stuff give you a list of subjects/questions that he's not going to talk about? 

Jaydc555

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2009, 03:56:45 AM »
I will be shocked if this interview actually happens

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2009, 04:07:34 AM »
I will be shocked if this interview actually happens

So will I... but I think its the right time if he wants to start getting people excited/ rightly informed about whats going on and what will be going on this is the best opportunity for him to do it... as its says up top we are nearing 20,000 members and we all know people so its easy enough for this to affect people in the right way if it does go ahead! Fingers Crossed!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2009, 04:23:17 AM »
- will there be a soundtrack to the upcoming NWA movie?
if so, could you and the rest of the living NWA members get together one more time & make a record, why the fuck not!
(somewhat similar question was asked, but mine has a twist)

- do you perceive the perfectionist mentality more as a curse than a blessing, or what?
if you feel that it's mainly a curse, are you going to do something about it?

-what else have you done to develop yourself more as a producer, since you started studying musical theory?

-are you satisfied with the deal you have with interscope?
do you still regret that you don't have the same position as Eazy-E had with Ruthless Records?

- will you ever apologise for making Eazy-E & Jerry Heller look bad?

- are you still looking for artists to work with?

- could you tell us some more about the Six 2 situation with aftermath?

- why didn't you hook up again with Six 2 to collaborate outside of aftermath?

-what's your relationship with Erotic D?

-are you really going to executive produce a new album for the DOC?

^^^yeah... and;

-pretty much the status on NWA. Will there be a reunion album, if the movie gets a green light?
-Have him drop some words about all the artists and producers he has worked with.

Did his publicist or whoever is in charge of promotional stuff give you a list of subjects/questions that he's not going to talk about? 

thanks for the hint Chad, i've added spaces to the original post.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2009, 04:25:46 AM »
Oh shit, this will be a major coup if it happens.

Id love an in depth interview from his early days up to now.

If you want to make the mood lighter ask him if he knows who mellowman was  ;)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2009, 05:16:38 AM »
Ask him how it felt to work with Soopafly.  What was the motivation behind putting his song "Gotta Make That Money" on "The Wash" soundtrack when he wasn't even an Aftermath artist, how did that come about?  Did Soopafly teach him anything in the studio?  Ask him if Soopafly gave him mad props for slapping Dee Barnes around when she was getting in Dre's face back when Dre was with NWA.

Okka

« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »
Ask him if Soopafly gave him mad props for slapping Dee Barnes around when she was getting in Dre's face back when Dre was with NWA.

Hahahahahhahah :D

Fly and Dre used to work together back in the Death Row days. Soopafly played the keyboards on "Natural Born Killaz".

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2009, 05:56:28 AM »
WHY WONT HE WORK WITH GAME NO MORE

WHY IS HE WORKING WITH 50 AND NOT GAME

cause game is unbelievably average

50 hasn't been hot since 2005
if game is average than what the fuck would 50's garbage music be rated as?

Paul

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2009, 06:35:50 AM »

Garbage :)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:31 AM »

both are average, the difference is 50 sells 10x as many albums

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »
-Is corny Fergie gonna be on Detox?
-If the answer's yes, then asks him why the hell is he selling out like that?
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »

I know

i always wondered how people cood say that about the top artists in the world and still consider their opinions right or justified.  better yet, the people that talk shit couldn't even write a decent 16 or put together a simple drum pattern... it truely is one of the great mysteries of life.

50 can make a hit record, doesnt mean to say he can compete with the best in terms of quality of hip hop, top and good are completely different things.

Game is just so boring and predictable, thats why i prefer 50 over him though cause i know somewhere in 50 he could put out quality if he gets focused.

Ya dig?

Opinion is one thing, but you can't say 50 hasn't put out quality music.  Look at how many albums and mixtapes he's put out since he began.  I'm sayin; it's like how can you call an artist like 50 garbage (some people do) when he's put out a bigger body of work than most "legends" in this game.  He and others put out a way bigger body of work compared to the greats like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane, etc.  If Kane and Ra put out as much work as 50 or Wayne then i can guarantee that people wood be judging as above average artist on tha same level as 50.  Think about it, if 50 didn't release 1000 mixtapes and 5 albums and kept all of his best work on those albums and mixtapes and condensed them down to 7 or 8 albums (no mixtapes, no unreleased shit, no nothing- just straight albums) then everybody on here would never talk shit about the man.  And i dont wanna get too deep in it but (im bored) but imagine if Tha Massacre & Curtis looked like this:

1. Intro (0:41)
2. In My Hood (3:51)
3. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight (3:51)
4. Candy Shop (3:29)
5. Get In My Car (4:05)
6. Ski Mask Way (3:05)
7. A Baltimore Love Thing (4:17)
8. Ryder Music (3:51)
9. Just A Lil Bit (3:57)
10. Position Of Power (3:12)
11. Build You Up (2:55)
12. God Gave Me Style (3:01)
13. So Amazing (3:16)
14. Hate It Or Love It (Remix) (4:23)

1. Intro
2. My Gun Go Off
3. Man Down
4. Still Will Kill (ft. Akon)
5. I Get Money
6. Ayo Technology (ft. Justin Timberlake)
7. Follow My Lead (ft. Robin Thicke)
8. Movin’ On Up
9. Fully Loaded Clip
10. Amusement Park
11. Peep Show (ft. Eminem)
12. All of Me (ft. Mary J. Blige)
13. 187
14. Smile (I Am Leaving)

Now i'm sure some people wood feel a lil different but as far as i hear it those were the best tracks on the album.  Not including all of the original music on the mixtapes like "5 hearbearts" and so many more.  Fact is 50 got mad quality music, most people dont listen or even check 4 all of the mixtapes he's put out over the years bcuz it used to be so much to keep up with (like Wayne).  Pac obviously was a different story, but everybody isn't Pac and there can only be one Pac.  Cube couldn't pull it off, Dre couldn't pull it off, and Biggie couldn't pull it off.  You have give him his props for putting out so much quality and quantity.  Listening back to the Curtis & Massacre albums you can see how good they are.  And this isn't all directed at you Paul but it kills me to see how people hate on shit for no reason and half the time they don't know wat they're talking about.

Im not hating on 50, i said i prefer him over Game and if the focus is there 50 can make hot records again, dont get me wrong he has made some good tracks over the last couple of years (Ill Still Kill for 1) but theres no consistincy in the quality,

But like some1 else said id rather have 50 whos capable of a classic than Game and his consistant mediocrity

i know wat u were saying.  all im sayin is if you take ALL of the music you wood consider quality you cood fill up 8 or 9 albums full of all quality tracks.  mixtapes and albums, features, and compilations/soundtracks.  50 has achieved the same level as Rakim has as far as quality.  And i aint sayin he's a better MC, but he is a bette song writer/story teller and therefor the amount of quality he's put out makes up for all of the "inconsistencies" he's done in your eyes.  Surely if someone strapped you down in a seat and forced u listen to 50's FULL catalog of music, you could agree that he's put out over 100 quality tracks.  Which is more than wat most artist people consider legends have.

- Rakim is a fuckin beast tho
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:47:53 AM by RadioTube! Da Don »

Hittman2001

« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »
Well, first before listing any questions i might have....Did his publicist or whoever is in charge of promotional stuff give you a list of subjects/questions that he's not going to talk about? 

???