Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW  (Read 6832 times)

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 02:59:31 PM »
 :)

Klue

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »
for real ?

ask him what he thinks about the buying back of death row by wideawake. and if he plans to work with them etc.
futur works ? detox, FUCK WHEN ?
music industry ? the evolution in his music, and his choice of this evolution (commercial or by personal taste ?)

Portugoal

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 03:02:49 PM »
why am i not allowed to post that i wonder why i keep checking for dre beats even though he fell the fuck off?

Matty

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
!!! 8) whens the cut off for submitting questions?

obviously i'll be including something related to the 'outta control rmx' beat that it is upmost importance for dre to comment on!

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
I always knew Dubcnn would be able to interview the good Doctor one day 8)

- The Game situation, why he doesn't work with him anymore
- If he'll release a "making of" DVD for Detox
- Reason for the countless Aftermath delays and push-backs
- What are his future plans after Detox
- Up In Smoke tour II overseas (Europe)

These q's are on my mind right now

FUCK THAT it will stay here nigga

Matty

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
obviously one of the most important quesions is to get him to comment on the detox sound and in particular what kind of drums we might be hearing on the album. but i'll come up with some proper ones later...

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 03:13:44 PM »
I wanna know:

- why did he not work with The Game after The Documentary, will he ever work with Game again
- what sound was he going for on Detox, does he feel that it will be worth the wait/hype and is he satisfied with all of his work for it
- why Daz was not on 2001
- which new artists (any coast) has he been listening to and which would he like to work with
- what does he feel his best work is (not including Detox) since 2001
- why Bishop Lamont has not dropped yet and will he ever, and how much Dre production is actually on the album
- what features will be on the final cut for Detox and who submitted work that was leftover
- why have only a few artists in the last few years gotten Dre tracks (Slim Thug, Trick Trick, etc.)

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »
- How does he feel about the Stat Quo situation?
- What was his favorite part of working on Relapse?
- What does he think of Eminem's new flow?
- What album or project of his so far is his favorite?
- Who is his favorite upcoming artist?
- What can we expect after Detox?
- Will we see any co-production from Khalil or Focus on the album?
- What's the deal with Bishop and Slim?

More coming soon....

Matty

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »
some thoughts although these are not articulated into actual questions yet...

connection to dj quik - commenting on quiks current sound and competitiveness to dre

detox sounds - whole new sound? drums, instruments, structure, co-producers, features, lyrical content, release date, scott storch?

any chance he would work with danja in the future?

label sleaze and his control over projects? - busta rhymes big bang, jimmy, stat quo, bishop situation

50 cent curtis album - fire, come and go?...

the switching up of his sound more recently - heard different styles of drums, all kids of low-end use (snoops 'round here') and generally slower paced beats

matty's certified fire recent standout beats and 'co-productions' - outta control rmx, get up, shit popped off

eminem relapse album - among his best work? reasons for sound?

50 cent bishop lamont coming out when? and coming out ever? sound of HIS production on these albums compared to other stuff, scott storch?

i could flesh out any of this stuff though, depends what the angle is gonna be? would be nice if you get to ask some less easy questions...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:27:17 PM by Matty »

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
If he´s involved in any way in the upcoming re-release of The Chronic (with two unreleased songs and ?videos). How many songs from The Chronic recording session were finished but not included on the album. Does Death Row still have all these in their vault?

Avalanche

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »
Now that death row has been sold and suge doesnt own it anymore, will he allow the release of songs in their original content on re-released albums. will he be working with lara lavi to bring music out that was sitting in the death row vaults

also, how come the contract with crooked i never worked and would he reconsider working with him in the future to release a project.

how many dre/pac songs were recorded and does he recall any of the names.

how does he feel about immortal finally getting released that sneed was holding on too, and was it a reference track made in the studio for cant c me.

will he ever work with the dogg pound in whole again ie: daz

any chance of a self scientific album from the aftermath since khalil is producing inhouse now

Okka

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »
Dubcnn doin an interview with Dr. Dre? Woah! :o Historical, i always thought that Dre don't really wanna do interviews ?

Here's some questions, i could write down 100 of them but here's some questions that we really need the answer for

- Who's workin on "Detox"?
- Is he still workin with Scott Storch and Mike Elizondo?
- Is he gonna be producin Snoop Dogg's new album?
- How does he feel about Crooked I?
- What's up with Up In Smoke II and will they be comin to Europe this time?
- Is he plannin to release his old Death Row material with the label that just bought Death Row's catalog?

jaytee

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »
How excited is he about DOC's upcoming surgery to repair his larynx?  How would it be to do a track/album with DOC in his natural voice after over 20+ years?

Which co-producer does he feel he has the best chemistry with?

What made him decide to get into bodybuilding?

What does he feel is Snoop's best work aside from their work together?

Who is he feeling from the west right now that is up and coming?

Does he listen to a lot of French Jazz?  How did stumble upon songs that he did interpolations of?

Does he have any plans to work with Curtis (Hood Surgeon) soon?

Which producers in the hip-hop game inspire you?

Does he ever have any plans to release any material from the vaults?  Anything from the Helter Skelter project, Chronic 2, Early Detox sessions?

What shelved/delayed project would you most liked to have seen come to fruition? (NWA Reunion, Helter Skelter with Cube, Chairmen of the Board with either Timbland, DJ Premier, Erick Sermon or Irv Gotti? the rock group? Break Ups 2 Make Ups with Snoop?, etc.)

Who really produced No Diggity?

Has he ever dabbled in any of the fads? (Crunk, Hyphy, Bounce, etc.)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »
wtf this is sum crazy shit...damn.

1) is fergie, li wayne and p.diddy goin to be on detox since ther was rumours?
2) whats his role with wideawake, is he working with them to put out his unreleased music?
3) ask him about the helter skelter and chronic 2 albums? how manyt raks wer done, name them and what guest appearnces wer on those albums?
4) busta rhymes said his vault is the shit, obv it is but will he put them out?
5)  how is he with petey pablo, has he recorder a song with him cuz i remeber ages ago dre got punched by sum1 from deathrow and petey pablo apoligized to dre on myspace and said they should be working together soon or sumthn, has that happned?

il think of more later

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
I have a feeling Dre will push back the interview in the last second but hey  :P

I'll think of some questions tomorrow but what I'd really wanna ask is: what is your opinion on Eminem's accent and if he thinks it's more quality than his previous, normal voice ?