Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW  (Read 6783 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »
wtf this is sum crazy shit...damn.

1) is fergie, li wayne and p.diddy goin to be on detox since ther was rumours?
2) whats his role with wideawake, is he working with them to put out his unreleased music?
3) ask him about the helter skelter and chronic 2 albums? how manyt raks wer done, name them and what guest appearnces wer on those albums?
4) busta rhymes said his vault is the shit, obv it is but will he put them out?
5)  how is he with petey pablo, has he recorder a song with him cuz i remeber ages ago dre got punched by sum1 from deathrow and petey pablo apoligized to dre on myspace and said they should be working together soon or sumthn, has that happned?

il think of more later

Petey Pablo apologized to Dr. Dre, on Myspace, for letting the engineers fuck with the vocals on In A Minute. Never heard of them coming close to working together though.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 03:49:45 PM »
Ask him when Detox is coming out.

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 03:55:36 PM »
This would be the dopest interview ever if it actually happens

Whats up with slim the mobster and Bishop Lamont? Is Bishop still signed and did they get into some beef?

Is Slim the mobster actually signed and is he dropping an album on Aftermath? (he said he was but I get the feeling its only as a writer. News would've gotten out by now)

Cube gonna be on the album?

When will we hear a single for Detox?

Whats the theme of the album? Is it a gangsta rap album like his previous ones or is it gonna have a lot of pop features like lil wayne and Fergie?

oh and not a question but a recommendation. Please oh please get Em to get rid of the accent. MESSAGE FROM ALL THE FANS.

why am i not allowed to post that i wonder why i keep checking for dre beats even though he fell the fuck off?

obviously he hasn't fallen off when everyone's still checking for him
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:59:37 PM by rapsodie »

westside159

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
How come hes never worked with westcoast mc's like E-40 , MC Eiht , Brotha Lynch Hung  ? 8) 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
How come hes never worked with westcoast mc's like E-40 , MC Eiht , Brotha Lynch Hung  ? 8) 8)

They aren't major players?

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »
1. What do you think about the Doctors Advocate song The Game recorded about you?

2. Will you ever work with Game again?

3. Why is Detox taking so long?

JossieJ

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
Ask him about his insecurity when it comes to releasing detox, he could have released detox years agoo with a better timing?! Why now?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »
Is this for real?!? No delays and cancellations and he will actually do this interview?!? Damn thats a huge huge grab if y'all get this.

Questions!!

Most ppl within hiphop consider yourself and snoop to be the best rapper/producer duo..how come u both have not worked so much recently together and are there any big plans for the both of y'all to do some next level shit again?

Do you think you can out on detox with something as big as still dre and still have follow ups on the calibre of next episode/forget about dre/whats the difference sorta thing...

Are there any young cats you're working with who could be the next big thing?

Alot of people are saying that dres productions have fallen off alot in recent years...why do u think this is? Are you saving all your best stuff for detox?

Whats the creative process for making a hit on aftermath? what do you expect from the artist? You can always tell an artist if they're slipping but is it difficult to always stay on top with noone probably being in a position or big enough to tell you when you've made something weak and how about if you've made a heater and everyone is digging it apart from you? what happens? lol

Ask him about his infamous vault...itd almost be a crime not to ask him about this...will we ever hear something out of it?!?

Ask him about his situation with game and if we'll hear a follow up to documentary so to speak

pz!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »
oh and nas said recently he'd love to have a dre produced album before he retires, would you be down to hook up with him on a whole album sorta thing kinda like with eminem on relapse?!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »
Ask him about his insecurity when it comes to releasing detox, he could have released detox years agoo with a better timing?! Why now?

True shit//// but...

1 - Is Detox gonna be recorded all in HD and Surround Sound?  Or a hybrid of Analog and regular digital recording?
2 - Since he said he's working with everybody from before, who's gonna be the "base" features (like Snoop & Tha Doggpound did on The Chronic)
3 - Will he be doing any features outside of Relapse?
4 - What will be the direction/theme/vibe of the Detox album?  Describe the sound/mood of the album.  (Neo-Soul, Gangsta Rap, etc.)
5 - Will Detox be an album with mainly Simple beats (like "Shit Popped Off") or will there be mainly complex beats (like "Could've Been You")
6 - Is he playing any instruments on the album
7 - Will there be a DVD with the album?  {Behind the Scenes}
8 - Does he still get pissed off that people always talk about his old music more than his newer music?
9 - Will NWA be on the album?
10 - Will there be an "Official" Detox mixtape before and after it drops?
11 - How many "trend" artist are gonna be on the album? (Fergie, etc.)
12 - Will there be any Major-Producer co-producers on the album?
13 - When is the Promo Tour for Detox coming (Interviews, TV, Radio spots, Movies, etc.)
14 - Will Detox be the official last thing we hear from Dr. Dre; any music getting released from the vaults in the future?
15 - When will the Aftermath Liqour be at the local corner stores?
16 - How many artist and producers submitted work for Detox?
17 - Is he and Snoop still working on that project for/with Quincy Jones?
18 - How does he feel about letting his fans wait for so long?
19 - How deep are his expectations for Detox?
20 - Will he ever produce music for the new 2Pac albums?
21 - What does he want the Detox album to do for Hip Hop? (trend setting, innovating, etc.)
22 - Will Detox be more Solo of an album verses a compilation type of album?
23 - Who didn't he get to work with on Detox?
24 - What does he want the people to get from this album?
25 - Will his children be on the album?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:13:56 PM by RadioTube! Da Don »

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
Ayo, some of these questions are alright and I want them answered too...
But some are just things no one will care about soon, or you'll find the answer as soon as the situation sorts itself out or as soon as something drops.
Eg. who's gonna be on Detox - it'll probably change and then it'll be a waste of a question because you'll have the answer for whatever was on his mind that day and it'll change the next day or the final thing will be different anyway... or the Game situation, because it'll probably change as well and then you've got a useless answer.

I'd ask a lot of questions about classic shit, like working on The Chronic, Doggystyle, stuff he has in the vaults - there's so many questions about production and how he did those classics that have never been asked or answered by the man himself.
That's history right there and is mad important and he's given so little info about doing a lot of the stuff that made him who he is today - that'd make for an interview that is referenced for like years and years because that info isn't anywhere else

One question I'd like to see asked -
How come he moved away from sampling, and will he ever go back to straight sampling records?

Also guys, no pressure, but don't fuck up this interview!! Please don't ask any silly questions or waste of time questions, make it all count

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »
Ayo, some of these questions are alright and I want them answered too...
But some are just things no one will care about soon, or you'll find the answer as soon as the situation sorts itself out or as soon as something drops.
Eg. who's gonna be on Detox - it'll probably change and then it'll be a waste of a question because you'll have the answer for whatever was on his mind that day and it'll change the next day or the final thing will be different anyway... or the Game situation, because it'll probably change as well and then you've got a useless answer.

I'd ask a lot of questions about classic shit, like working on The Chronic, Doggystyle, stuff he has in the vaults - there's so many questions about production and how he did those classics that have never been asked or answered by the man himself.
That's history right there and is mad important and he's given so little info about doing a lot of the stuff that made him who he is today - that'd make for an interview that is referenced for like years and years because that info isn't anywhere else

One question I'd like to see asked -
How come he moved away from sampling, and will he ever go back to straight sampling records?

Also guys, no pressure, but don't fuck up this interview!! Please don't ask any silly questions or waste of time questions, make it all count

"Shit Popped Off" "Crack A Bottle" that new Eminem track are straight samples but... I'm with you tho

QUESTION #26 - What is he gonna do AFTER Detox?  Career wise

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
"Shit Popped Off" "Crack A Bottle" that new Eminem track are straight samples but... I'm with you tho

Word, even those are replayed though, like everything since maybe a couple of little things on Doggystyle have been replayed... the last album that was mostly actually-sampled-from-the-record was Niggaz4Life

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
ask him about eminems accent

ask him about the third song he did with pac/the california love video beat

ask if quik will appear on detox or they'll collaborate on more beats

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
Question 27 - Will Detox lyrically be more of an "MC" album or a "Story Telling" album?