Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW  (Read 6825 times)

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: THE DR. DRE INTERVIEW
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:54 AM »
Ask him whatsup with him and Crooked I... ask about that Say Dr. Dre track....

Mietek23

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:56 AM »

good question

sofdark

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2009, 05:49:21 AM »

Been answered by Crooked's people wasnt it?

The track was just made by Crooked to send to Dre to see if Dre likes it and Dre actually did.

But the problem was that somebody from Crooks camp leaked it and that blew Crooked's chance

Croyd

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2009, 06:02:02 AM »
1) Will he ever work with Daz and the rest of DPG again?
2) Lots of fans think the time working with DPG was his best time....what's the difference with working with today's Aftermath artists compared to that time?
3) Is G-Funk dead to him?
4) Why work with 50 but not Game? Does he blame Game?
5) Ever going to release the stuff in his vaults?
6) Everyone wants a Snoop and Dre album...why not do it again?
7) Westcoast rap is having little commercial success...some say they need Dre and Snoop to help out. What do you think? Why don't you help out more Westcoast artists?
8) What does he think of Crooked I?

Mietek23

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2009, 06:09:37 AM »
You should ask him if he and Daz will ever work together again..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2009, 06:10:06 AM »
wow, some great questions were asked already, you guys beat me to it.
it's all good, that makes the brainstorming easier.
i apologise if i overlook any questions & come up with a similar one, accidentally.

ok let's go:

- how much tracks did you submit for Dawaun Parker's mixtape

- when are you going to introduce Bishop Lamont properly? the Detox release is still far away

- why haven't you submitted more beats to Bishop for the street albums?

- did interscope really sent a cease and desist letter to radio stations, for the Grow Up single?

- will there be a soundtrack to the upcoming NWA movie?
if so, could you and the rest of the living NWA members get together one more time & make a record, why the fuck not! (somewhat similar question was asked, but mine has a twist)

- you once stated that you still wanted to do Helter Skelter with Ice Cube, no matter how old you guys will be.
is this still the case?

- do you perceive the perfectionist mentality more as a curse than a blessing, or what?
if you feel that it's mainly a curse, are you going to do something about it?

-what else have you done to develop yourself more as a producer, since you started studying musical theory?

-are you satisfied with the deal you have with interscope?
do you still regret that you don't have the same position as Eazy-E had with Ruthless Records?

- will you ever apologise for making Eazy-E & Jerry Heller look bad?

- are you still looking for artists to work with?

- could you tell us some more about the Six 2 situation with aftermath?

- why didn't you hook up again with Six 2 to collaborate outside of aftermath?

-what's your relationship with Erotic D?

-are you really going to executive produce a new album of the DOC?

-i understand that you're very concerned about your security, but don't you think it's a shame that some of your friends can't contact you?

- you're still using samples; i thought you didn't like to split royalties for that.

- don't you feel bad that a lot of your work gets shelved
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:18:29 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

DEKO

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2009, 06:14:41 AM »
How does he feel about Lil' Eazy, and will he provide him with some dope production for his debut album?

Will he do a European tour?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2009, 06:36:30 AM »
Ask him to sign Crooked I and release his album. He's got the most buzz in the west coast underground (and thats without being on a major label or being backed by a major artist), he's one of the top lyricists and is the west coast's best chance of coming out with another Game. Thing is, he will never blow up without direction and a major label backing him. Bishop Lamont's buzz has been dwindling and the fact that he's half backpacker won't help him sell records. And no one is impressed with slim the mobster. But Crook has kept his buzz going all on his own and making noise on the east coast with Slaughterhouse, imagine what he could do on a major if someone gives him a chance.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
^^^^Crooked went to death row, in stead of aftermath

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2009, 07:35:32 AM »
Ayo, some of these questions are alright and I want them answered too...
But some are just things no one will care about soon, or you'll find the answer as soon as the situation sorts itself out or as soon as something drops.
Eg. who's gonna be on Detox - it'll probably change and then it'll be a waste of a question because you'll have the answer for whatever was on his mind that day and it'll change the next day or the final thing will be different anyway... or the Game situation, because it'll probably change as well and then you've got a useless answer.

I'd ask a lot of questions about classic shit, like working on The Chronic, Doggystyle, stuff he has in the vaults - there's so many questions about production and how he did those classics that have never been asked or answered by the man himself.
That's history right there and is mad important and he's given so little info about doing a lot of the stuff that made him who he is today - that'd make for an interview that is referenced for like years and years because that info isn't anywhere else

One question I'd like to see asked -
How come he moved away from sampling, and will he ever go back to straight sampling records?

Also guys, no pressure, but don't fuck up this interview!! Please don't ask any silly questions or waste of time questions, make it all count

lol...now that would be a waste of a question right there. He's said numerous times he doesn't like sampling.

lol, but he still uses loads of samples, lol just replayed, so lol he could still go back to straight sampling lol, if he wanted a rawer sound lol

haha i see lot of questions that aren't going to be answered.

the interviewer will probably filter most of the questions and ask some corny ass question that no one cares about.

guys be real, interview is getting released when detox comes out so most of the questions will be old by that time.

Word, most of the answers to these questions will just be stuff that is old by next week

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »
haha i see lot of questions that aren't going to be answered.

the interviewer will probably filter most of the questions and ask some corny ass question that no one cares about.

guys be real, interview is getting released when detox comes out so most of the questions will be old by that time.

sounds like you don't have a lot of faith in Jonathan & Chad; these guys aren't amateurs

eNgIeS

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2009, 07:56:59 AM »

Been answered by Crooked's people wasnt it?

The track was just made by Crooked to send to Dre to see if Dre likes it and Dre actually did.

But the problem was that somebody from Crooks camp leaked it and that blew Crooked's chance

Exactly

Shame too, that track was heat from the beat to the lyrics he wrote. Shame someone in Crooks camp blew a big op for him. I forget which interview but the person who said it said Dre dont fuck with nobody who leaks his shit before its due out. Not sure if Game did that too or whether those so called "Dre left overs" from Doctors Advocate were produced by someone else

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »
Do you think it was a mistake to choose a wack sellout like 50 over the game?
Is money really that important to you where you will choose a new york artist over a west coast artist?
Why did you used to wear lipstick?

How do u feel about the fact that your gonna be over the edge nearly hittin 50 by the time ur album drops?
Are you going to use editing software to make yourself look young in your video much like Madonna does? Lmao.

eNgIeS

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2009, 08:27:21 AM »
The Game situation definately needs to be addressed

F-cisco

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2009, 08:33:31 AM »
Ten years overdue if yous ask me. I'm elated for Seer, Nima, Jome and the rest of the staff. I was following since the "2001" forums.
 too. Beef with other producers should be discuss.