Author Topic: Would Even One Of These 4 Songs Off Relapse Have Made Em's Earlier Albums?  (Read 395 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
"Crack A Bottle"
"We Made You"
"3Am"
"For Old Times Sake"

Would any of these four tracks have made it onto Eminem's first 3 albums?  Would they have even made it onto the first D-12 album?  NO WAY THEY WOULD HAVE!!

...now that I know Eminem's album will be another Encore, I'm going to be forced to listen to even more reggae and 80's music to make up for the lack of decent hip-hop.   I'm steadily running out of old hip-hop artists and albums to listen to.   Times are getting desperate. 

*puts on Phil Collins*
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think 3AM could have...

Digital Pimpin'

I'm glad I had zero expectation for Relapse - I actually enjoy the tracks for what they are.

Eminem's never gonna be as good as he was on SSLP and MMLP; once people wake up to that, they might realise these tracks aren't that bad.

I still reckon 3 of the 4 would have made it on to Encore (We Made You being the odd one out).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I'm glad I had zero expectation for Relapse - I actually enjoy the tracks for what they are.

Eminem's never gonna be as good as he was on SSLP and MMLP; once people wake up to that, they might realise these tracks aren't that bad.

I still reckon 3 of the 4 would have made it on to Encore (We Made You being the odd one out).
actually i perceive him as a different artist for a while now.
but with the exception of crack a bottle, the songs don't pass the test, based on what they are.

also, no infinite, no hate but:

EM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the song we've been waiting for.  This is NOT another "Crack A Bottle" or "We Made You".. this song is easily better than anything that was on Encore!!!  It really is similar to "The Way I Am".
i know you came back to the statements earlier but it's still funny  :laugh:

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
If you are shocked about mainstream rapper with 500 billion dollars doing crappy music, you are fucked in the head.
Try digging more underground like you are doing with 80's disco music.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think they would, of course without the accent, make the Eminem Show. But the thing is who wants to hear recycled stuff. We wanna see some growth, seems like Nas is the only mainstream rapper doing just that.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Listen to cunninlynguists  ;D

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...

Agree!  :)
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think they would, of course without the accent, make the Eminem Show. But the thing is who wants to hear recycled stuff. We wanna see some growth, seems like Nas is the only mainstream rapper doing just that.

Word... your right.  You really just gave me the words for what I was thinking.  We want to see growth.  Like when "We As Americuns" leaked for the Encore album I thought that was going to be a sign of Eminem's growth.  Then the track got left off of the album and the retail version was trash. 

We don't want to see a RELAPSE.  Because obviously Eminem is not the same person now after he's had all the success and told his story to the world.  Like an earlier poster said, we can't expect him to be the same.

But we can expect some growth, like other artists have done.  Nas has done it, and...   and...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:04:28 AM by Prescribed By Infinite »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If you are shocked about mainstream rapper with 500 billion dollars doing crappy music, you are fucked in the head.
Try digging more underground like you are doing with 80's disco music.

it's actually 80's love music, pop music... I think the 70's was the disco era.   But anyway, your point is well taken.  I was just desperate that's why I wanted it to be a great album, even though all signs indicate that Eminem lost his fire after 8 Mile.  And rightly so, in 8 Mile he finally got to tell his whole story to the world; so what was there left to say?

Also, I've tried digging in the underground, I was impressed with Jedi Mind Tricks, especially the Servants in Heaven Kings in Hell album, and other than that I haven't found much on the underground over the last 6 years.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:58:59 AM by Prescribed By Infinite »

• Muthafuckin' Don!

also, no infinite, no hate but:[/color]
EM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the song we've been waiting for.  This is NOT another "Crack A Bottle" or "We Made You".. this song is easily better than anything that was on Encore!!!  It really is similar to "The Way I Am".

Well "3Am" sounded nice at first but had no replay value.  Also I was trying to force myself to like Em's new material because I wanted it to be like the good old days.

AnybodyKilla

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Well "3Am" sounded nice at first but had no replay value.  Also I was trying to force myself to like Em's new material because I wanted it to be like the good old days.
i understand.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!

im damn sure you aint the only one +1 for the honesty!

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
"Crack A Bottle"
"We Made You"
"3Am"
"For Old Times Sake"

Would any of these four tracks have made it onto Eminem's first 3 albums?  Would they have even made it onto the first D-12 album?  NO WAY THEY WOULD HAVE!!

...now that I know Eminem's album will be another Encore, I'm going to be forced to listen to even more reggae and 80's music to make up for the lack of decent hip-hop.   I'm steadily running out of old hip-hop artists and albums to listen to.   Times are getting desperate. 

*puts on Phil Collins*

...and Genesis, Zeppelin, and other classic rock ####.