Poll

What album you think will be the better?

Jay Z - Blueprint 2, The gift and the curse
12 (46.2%)
Nas - God's son
14 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: POLL: What album you think will be the better?  (Read 389 times)

Jome

POLL: What album you think will be the better?
« on: October 12, 2002, 08:07:18 PM »
Interesting...

"Bonnie & Clyde" seems like the best 1st single to me.
"Made you look" was aight, but as a first single?  :-\

Also, Jigga seems to have the better lineup..
Vote now..

Doggystylin

Re:POLL: What album you think will be the better?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 12:38:54 AM »
i like nas and his style better so probably nas's shit

bez

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 05:09:12 AM »
The blueprint was good IMO but Stillmatic was better so I am saying Nas.

Myrealname

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 05:42:49 AM »
Right but this time IRV GOTTI AND GAY RULE will be on the album.... :P

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2002, 06:17:09 AM »
i still havent ever felt a single song with Jay-Z on.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 08:02:32 AM »
These are two albums that I'm really not sure of.  They can talk shit all day about how "this is better than The Blueprint" and "I'm going to put other rappers to shame".  But I don't know what to expect from these two albums.

I'm going with Nas even with the Irv influence.  I'm going to have confident in the man who has had one of the best years any emcee has ever had.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2002, 08:36:28 AM »
If the choice would mean I could never hear the other album it would definitely be Blueprint II... The Watcher remix Dre, Rakim (flowing like back in da 80s) & Truth Hurts :o

Otherwise Nas cause I'll download the remix anyway

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2002, 09:06:46 AM »
Jay Z new album = CLASSIC

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2002, 12:13:55 PM »
Since i'm a bigger Nas fan i'll most probably prefer Nas' material, so "God's Son".

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2002, 04:53:13 PM »
I neva really liked Jay Z's albums so I'm going with Nas.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Murrow

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2002, 06:01:07 PM »
Even though I dislike Jigga, I feel Nas will slip into the Murder Inc world of commercial-popism.

Smooth

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2002, 07:28:57 PM »
I think they will end up being pretty close... both slightly above average... but id say "God's Son" will be a BIT better...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

teecee

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2002, 08:04:29 PM »
Id say Jay Z has way better guests, and, coming from a big Nas fan, if Made U Look is his first single, then he made me close my eyes and cover my ears!  However, Jays first single is mad corny, something i wouldve expected more from Nas now that he is rolling with the INC.

I think Jays album will be the better one on first listen, because his lyrics are easily digestible and the beats will be very friendly.  Plus, i can't front on The Watcher song........i think this album is Jays attempt at a Liffe After Death or AEOM...........
   In the long run though, as long as Nas keeps dropping knowledge, then i gotta go with Nas.  THe last time NAs had dope commercial beats (It was Written), his album was great.  If the Irv Gotti beats are Big andd PAc ripoffs though, i won't even buy the album.  To me, that is fine for Jay Z as that is what i expect from Jigga.......if i hear Nas being all corny like nastradamus or some shit, i will be mad pissed. Its hard to say whose album will be better, but if nas somehow drops some shit like Purple (the new song of Lost Tapes) then his album will rock Jays

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2002, 11:54:10 PM »
Nas' first single has grown on me a bit, but it's still not getting me as hype as when he dropped "Stillmatic" then "Got Ur Self A... "

No one wants that Murder Inc influence but he's still got Large Professor, The Alchemist, L.E.S., DJ Premier, and Buckwild doing beats which is just about perfect for him.  So I expect a couple of tracks that I will skip but a dope album overall.