Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 20857 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2009, 12:56:02 PM »
Action, I had no idea you wrote that. I thought you got it from some Eminem forum. It's definetly a logical analysis but I will remain a sceptic untill I hear Relapse 2.

Yeah, I'm a feel like a fool if Relapse 2 isn't.  I might be giving this album too much credit.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »
 :-X

I thought Em had grown up after Proof's death.

I'm not sure if I wanna listen to this again.

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
Ive given this a proper listen on a proper stereo and this shit goes hard, yeah teh contents up to fuck all but thats cos hes slim shady, this is just like a 2009 version of the slim shady LP...

The 12 step program idea was dope, and dre murders every single beat, the last songs are where teh content is and this in my opinion is gonna be reflective of relapse 2, give this a few more spins in a decent sound system, Ems flowing his ass off, he may not be talking bout much, but it still sounds ill....

Alot of the hooks are garbage though, and some of what he says makes me not love the tracks, but most tracks are good, and there are some gems... Definitely better than Encore...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:53:19 PM by dubsmith_nz »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
Lets be easy with the harsh criticism. I will go out and say this is better than the eminem show.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
Is it worth downloading the non-grouprip? Even tho its said to be a 320 rip or just waiting for a grouprip cos im skeptical based on what ive heard so far n other peoples opinions so i wanna hear this shit in the best quality possible so i can get a clear opinion ???

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2009, 05:14:25 PM »
this is just like a 2009 version of the slim shady LP...
:-X

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »
i couldnt wait to get home from school so i could bump this lol. 8)

i love the vibe of the album.

his flow is so UNREAL; but ill agree on the lyrical standpoint, kind of weak (at times).

its dope! 8)

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2009, 06:14:24 PM »
Lets be easy with the harsh criticism. I will go out and say this is better than the eminem show.

Not even close... I'd say definitely better then Encore.. but not better then TES

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »

Not even close... I'd say definitely better then Encore.. but not better then TES

yeah thats pushing it & i really like this album, but TES was a near classic in my book; had some DOPE/CLASSIC joints. 8)

but im glad to see you like it. 8)

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
Any one got a link for the full album ?

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2009, 06:20:23 PM »
Some of the beats are bangin. But can't y'all see it that Dr. Dre don't make the muthafuckin beats? It's always some one else makin the beats and Dre is "producin" them.
With additional production and mixing from none other than Dr. Dre, Ish told HipHopDX yesterday about the beat that is heard constantly on radio, video and Internet since the first week of April. Ish said, "I started off, with just the beat. When I made the beat, I originally heard OutKast over it [in my head]. I was thinking of a left-field type of hook - something big that would grab people's attention with the music. So I tried a couple of different hooks and out-sourced [some writing] beyond my own camp, In Ya Head Productions."

"I couldn't really get the hook that I wanted. Then I got up with [vocalist] Charmane; she's from Hartford, Connecticut too," he continued, talking about his friend and collaborator for almost 10 years. Doc Ish says he followed what he was mentored to do with a track, as taught by producer Metamorphosis. "You've got to see a whole video in your mind - of course I didn't see a video [as big as] Em did [laughing], but you have to see something. The whole idea I had is you walk into the parties, like the old house parties, and everybody loves you when you walk in the door. They really make you [defined by] what your popularity status is."

Getting the song into Eminem's hands would typically be the hardest feat for any producer. A weird turn of events happened for Ish. "I started doing work with Bizarre from D12. I sent the song off to Bizarre," he recalls to last November. "Bizarre loved it. I was at the club that night [promoting] a Jadakiss show and I couldn't really hear [Bizarre on the phone]. He was like, 'I sent it back.'" The finished track took a reported day, fast for any artist. Ish says of Bizarre's version, "I loved it. I was laughing my head off. You know Bizarre, he just real comical. The next day, I was listening to it, I was like, 'This is hot, but we've got to make this bigger; we've got to make this radio.' It was just so raunchy." Giving the Detroit emcee notes on how to clean up the song for radio-play, Ish waited.

Bizarre called Doc Ish a week later with some surprising news "He said, 'You're not gonna believe this. Marshall wants the track." Eminem reportedly heard his D12 partner's work, and expressed interest in the song. The producer was in disbelief until management contacted him later that day, and within five minutes, the song was secured for Relapse. "Everything went down, and you hear it on the radio today. It's just crazy," Ish says proudly today, as his work has become the first single for the most anticipated album in 2009.

Asked about changes from the initial track, Ish reveals, "[Dr. Dre] changed it up, 'cause what I had done is I had made it a vinyl, sounding like something old. [Charmane is] very soulful. I made it sound like a sample."
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9098/title.eminem-s-we-made-you-co-producer-explains-his-big-break

LOL you mean like this  :D

OchoCinco

« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »
songs i liked:

3am
insane
hello
same old song and dance
stay awake
underground

nothing really blew me away tho to the point where is will be in rotation for a while.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »
Some of the beats are bangin. But can't y'all see it that Dr. Dre don't make the muthafuckin beats? It's always some one else makin the beats and Dre is "producin" them.
With additional production and mixing from none other than Dr. Dre, Ish told HipHopDX yesterday about the beat that is heard constantly on radio, video and Internet since the first week of April. Ish said, "I started off, with just the beat. When I made the beat, I originally heard OutKast over it [in my head]. I was thinking of a left-field type of hook - something big that would grab people's attention with the music. So I tried a couple of different hooks and out-sourced [some writing] beyond my own camp, In Ya Head Productions."

"I couldn't really get the hook that I wanted. Then I got up with [vocalist] Charmane; she's from Hartford, Connecticut too," he continued, talking about his friend and collaborator for almost 10 years. Doc Ish says he followed what he was mentored to do with a track, as taught by producer Metamorphosis. "You've got to see a whole video in your mind - of course I didn't see a video [as big as] Em did [laughing], but you have to see something. The whole idea I had is you walk into the parties, like the old house parties, and everybody loves you when you walk in the door. They really make you [defined by] what your popularity status is."

Getting the song into Eminem's hands would typically be the hardest feat for any producer. A weird turn of events happened for Ish. "I started doing work with Bizarre from D12. I sent the song off to Bizarre," he recalls to last November. "Bizarre loved it. I was at the club that night [promoting] a Jadakiss show and I couldn't really hear [Bizarre on the phone]. He was like, 'I sent it back.'" The finished track took a reported day, fast for any artist. Ish says of Bizarre's version, "I loved it. I was laughing my head off. You know Bizarre, he just real comical. The next day, I was listening to it, I was like, 'This is hot, but we've got to make this bigger; we've got to make this radio.' It was just so raunchy." Giving the Detroit emcee notes on how to clean up the song for radio-play, Ish waited.

Bizarre called Doc Ish a week later with some surprising news "He said, 'You're not gonna believe this. Marshall wants the track." Eminem reportedly heard his D12 partner's work, and expressed interest in the song. The producer was in disbelief until management contacted him later that day, and within five minutes, the song was secured for Relapse. "Everything went down, and you hear it on the radio today. It's just crazy," Ish says proudly today, as his work has become the first single for the most anticipated album in 2009.

Asked about changes from the initial track, Ish reveals, "[Dr. Dre] changed it up, 'cause what I had done is I had made it a vinyl, sounding like something old. [Charmane is] very soulful. I made it sound like a sample."
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9098/title.eminem-s-we-made-you-co-producer-explains-his-big-break

LOL you mean like this  :D

Isn't this old news?  Not this dude words but the fact this is how Dre operates.   

Besides being old it's also common among a lot of producers.  If you listen to the og songs Ye samples from you'll probably think he isn't that great of a producer.  Still does his thing though.

Again, difference between being a producer and the og beat maker.  Besides Ish admits that the track sounds different then how he arranged it.  And, they bought it off him so it's all fair game, legally speaking.   

Someone like Just Blaze or DJ Khalil is an example of a beatmaker/producer. 

While Dre does both he tends to lean towards the producer side.

Snoop came out years ago and say while Dre doesn't usually make the beat he'll know how to change it to make it heat.

Why do people act like this is some big shocking revelation?

I'd love to hear the og mix it probably sounds darker.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Okka

« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »

Snoop came out years ago and say while Dre doesn't usually make the beat he'll know how to change it to make it heat.

Why do people act like this is some big shocking revelation?

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »
I was hoping for more cameo :(