Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21083 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
this is just like a 2009 version of the slim shady LP...
:-X

Same content and character I mean, ofcourse it cant touch the original and the hunge isnt there, but same character...

Remember "go go gadget dick" lol

snoop

« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »
For all you people complaining about the content of this album, what would you rather hear Em rap about?

Cars?
Big rims?
Money?
Bitches?

I think a lot of Em's lyrics are psychotic, but I appreciate his creativity. It's nice to have an album come out that doesn't sound like everybody else in rap lately. Dope album in my opinion.  8)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »
For all you people complaining about the content of this album, what would you rather hear Em rap about?

Cars?
Big rims?
Money?
Bitches?

I think a lot of Em's lyrics are psychotic, but I appreciate his creativity. It's nice to have an album come out that doesn't sound like everybody else in rap lately. Dope album in my opinion.  8)

::)

There's tons of shit to rap about that isnt horrorcore killing/celebrity gossip/juvenile garbage.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:30 PM »
Go listen to something else.  What the hell did you think he was going to rap about?

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Hittman2001

« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
All i got to say after listening to this album four times already is this album is amazing.  I gotta put this one up there with my favorites.  The dark tone of the album is what i like the most.

Lucifuge

« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2009, 11:34:46 PM »
I don't why but that shit in "Medicine Ball" about Christopher Reeves makes me laugh, i'm a bit drunk right now so that might be the reason.

yea when he start rap ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2009, 12:16:42 AM »
I hope the industry copies his formula of ONLY a guest or 2.  Not 10+

real talk

eNgIeS

« Reply #307 on: May 09, 2009, 02:27:59 AM »
Damn all my doubts about this album has been quashed with this shit.
Dre's work is incredible & Eminem comes correct as HE ALWAYS HAS. Yeah I said it! Encore had some corny ass songs on it but for the most part that album was decent. Em aint ever dropped a wack album. FUCK THE HATERS EM IS BACK!

MediumL

« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2009, 02:37:01 AM »

Cars?
Big rims?
Money?
Bitches?

There's tons of shit to rap about that isnt horrorcore killing/celebrity gossip/juvenile garbage.

but tbh thats been ems style since day one. yer it would have been nice to hear a proof dedication or songs that were a bit more personal but they wouldnt have fit with the album's theme
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2009, 03:44:41 AM »
you'd think after 10 years thered be some artistic progression

he's come back circle to where he started.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2009, 04:02:07 AM »
Wow, I'm up to Medicine Ball and the beats are fuckin' good.

MAN THE OUTRO FOR MEDICINE BALL IS AMAZING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DRE outdid himself there.crazyyy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #311 on: May 09, 2009, 04:44:43 AM »
After a few spins this is actually better then Encore. I was bllinded by the hate in the beginning due to Eminems using accent on nearly every song and not showing the growth I was hopinh for. Dre beats litereally keeped me from throwing this into recycle bin after 1 spin. Encore had Eminem using the accent and goofing around with just random tracks thrown together at least Relapse has a nice concept from top to bottom. All the tracks flow well together, I previously said Dre's beats were all over the place (again the hate talking), except We Made You which sounds out of place. I'm still pissed at the accent though, "Deja Vu" is the example of how he should rap on the whole album.

I'll drop a review in couple days.

BTW Dre's outros on this cd are really fly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:47:49 AM by Meho »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #312 on: May 09, 2009, 04:58:06 AM »

Cars?
Big rims?
Money?
Bitches?

but tbh thats been ems style since day one. yer it would have been nice to hear a proof dedication or songs that were a bit more personal but they wouldnt have fit with the album's theme

yeah, he's always rapped like that lol.

the lyrics arent his best, but his flow & Dre's beat make up for it. ;D

Beautiful is the best song on the album & i think the people hating on this album should give it a listen.

but i just cant admit
or come to grips the fact that i may be done with rap
i need a new outlet
and i know some shits so hard to swallow
but i cant just sit back and wallow
in my own sorrow but i know one fact
ill be one tough act to follow

guy gets the on the track and openly admits that he cant rap like he use to, he knows it; he's not trying to pass it off like its his best material.

& its true, he will be one fucking tough act to follow. 8)

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2009, 06:06:15 AM »
I like this album. Beats are great, the concept is great if you read Action!'s explanation. With the accent being Shady, and Eminem randomly rambling it's like he's a delusional drugged up serial killer with random thoughts running through his head. Plus, he still rambles on Underground which it seems everyone enjoyed. This album is like an 8 for me. Just enjoy it, it's better than most of the shit we hear from hip hop now a days. Padded Room still takes the cake as album of the year for me.

8/10

"This always went over real big in GayA!"

k1000

« Reply #314 on: May 09, 2009, 06:37:42 AM »
German TV is so good. Eminem invited on a show. U can hear him free-stylin* over some folk german music.

http://videos.onsmash.com/v/dGibUTp8zucFYrNI

* sounds as good as Snoop, laid back flow. it should have been on the album, like they said.