Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21142 times)

Blood$

Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:13 AM »
I gave this a spin at my boy's crib last night while I was completely gone, so I'm not sure if I will feel the same way bumping this sober lol but from what I can remember, here's my thoughts:

01. Dr. West (Skit) - N/A, LOVE this intro... something different and I like how it ties into the next song

02. 3 A.M. - 4/5, this track grew on me after a few listens when it leaked, the beat is good and Em kills it, sometimes I forget the accent is there

03. My Mom - 3.5/5, when I first heard the hook I thought "this shit is wack as fuck" but after hearing the verses I thought this had a good concept to it, just needs a better hook... beat is fire though

04. Insane - 2.5/5, the beat is BANGIN', one of my favorites on here, but the fucked up/homo shit that Em spits on here brings it down big time for me, even though his flow was on point and he didn't really use the accent

05. Bagpipes From Baghdad - 2/5, umm... something different I guess, not sure what I really think of this one  :-\

06. Hello - 3/5, nothing special about this track but there's something about it I kinda like, just don't know what it is lol

07. Tonya (Skit) - N/A

08. Same Song & Dance - 2/5, not feelin' it... give this beat to someone else and maybe it will be better

09. We Made You - 2.5/5, if it wasn't for the accent I could dig this one maybe

10. Medicine Ball - 3/5, it's aiight... Eminem's flow was straight on here

11. Paul (Skit) - N/A

12. Stay Wide Awake - 3.5/5, the beat is dark, which I like, but Em could have killed this is if he really tried

13. Old Time's Sake (feat. Dr. Dre) - 4/5, I liked this the first time I heard it, nothing mind blowing but it's a cool track for me

14. Must Be The Ganja - 4/5, I'm feelin' this one, great beat for a track like this, Em didn't do a bad job here

15. Mr. Mathers - N/A

16. Deja Vu - 4/5, this seems like the old Eminem to me, or at least a dose of him (no homo), I like this

17. Beautiful - 4.5/5, great song but it's extremely out of place on this album IMO...

18. Crack A Bottle (feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent) - 4/5, Eminem had the weakest part but Dre killed it and so did 50... the beat is good as well

19. Steve Berman (Skit)

20. Underground/Ken Kaniff - 5/5, this is the Eminem I like to hear, dude ripped this one, and Dre killed it on the beat

I guess overall I would give this album a 3/5, the production saved it big time and Eminem did have a few moments where he was on point or showed that he still had it in him but he ruined his potential on almost every track with the "accent" and subject matter...

My favorite tracks: "3 AM", "Underground", "Deja Vu", "Beautiful", "Must Be The Ganja", and "Insane" (for the BEAT only)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:49:31 AM by BloodMoney2009 »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
After a few spins this is actually better then Encore. I was bllinded by the hate in the beginning due to Eminems using accent on nearly every song and not showing the growth I was hopinh for. Dre beats litereally keeped me from throwing this into recycle bin after 1 spin. Encore had Eminem using the accent and goofing around with just random tracks thrown together at least Relapse has a nice concept from top to bottom. All the tracks flow well together, I previously said Dre's beats were all over the place (again the hate talking), except We Made You which sounds out of place. I'm still pissed at the accent though, "Deja Vu" is the example of how he should rap on the whole album.

I'll drop a review in couple days.

BTW Dre's outros on this cd are really fly.

Yeah I'm really feelin' "Deja Vu" to be honest...

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »
a PM containing a link or it never happened.........

8) good look in advance.........

Mygla

« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »
I haven't seen anyone mention the obvious Relapse/Detox-connection...

It can't be coincidental when the first fully (well, almost) Dre-produced album in almost ten years is a cinematic album depicting a drug relapse... Wich oftens leads to an intervention (how fucking cool would it have been if 50 came out with an album called intervention now!) and detox.

I'm not saying Detox will be lyrically ANYTHING like this, but i definately expect the production and structure of the album to be pretty similar.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
is there an instrumental album of encore and relapse?
« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »
I just want to hear how these beats sound without em on them

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: is there an instrumental album of encore and relapse?
« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
Word, if anyone has high quality instrumentals of all the eminem albums could ya hook me up via a message?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2009, 11:22:48 AM »
I've thought about how it's kind of similar to a concept of a 12 track Detox but I was reaching.  I don't think it's too intentional.

Besides I really dig the title of 50's cd "Before I Self Destruct."
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2009, 11:24:48 AM »
a PM containing a link or it never happened.........

8) good look in advance.........
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #323 on: May 09, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »
Hopefully dre will produce alot of 50s cd if thats the next cd dre is working on. Maybe 50 will become slightly listenable again, dudes been wack since grodt.

The beats are ill on this, eminem at times comes good but in general the content is terrible. No growth at all as an artist. He is becoming a clown. He is loosing all credibility as a rapper too. Im still working on my review but ima keep it straight on that, no dick huggin, no hatin, just straight truth imo.

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #324 on: May 09, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »
^agreed
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »
I've thought about how it's kind of similar to a concept of a 12 track Detox but I was reaching.  I don't think it's too intentional.

Besides I really dig the title of 50's cd "Before I Self Destruct."

if Dre hooks up 50 like he did with Em & 50 mans up like he says he is; that album could be real good. 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »
the intro is mad good, even though its not one of those ridiculously lyrical intros; it was real good & set up for the rest of the album. 8)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2009, 12:52:23 PM »
Gave this a couple spins, and I'm lovin' it. Em and Dre both came with it here.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
1. Intro - N/A; but it is a sick intro.

2. 3 A.M. - 3.5/5; dope & dark song. lyrically he was their, the accent isnt ask noticable as other times, but it still takes away a little.

3. My Mom - 3.5/5; better than expected. beat was DOPE & i liked him lyrically. don't understand the hate on the hook; it fit great.

4. Insane - 3/5; his flow was sick, beat was sick, but he had some poor lyrics on this. went deep though with his stepfather lol.

5. Bagpipes From Baghdad - 2.5/5; Dre came through with a tough beat, but wasn't really feeling it. Em had a good flow though.

6. Hello - 3.5/5 - like somebody else said i just dig this song, but i dont know why. crazy Dre beat (BANGS) & sick Shady flow; good stuff.

7. Tonya - N/A; set up the next track nicely.

8. Same Song & Dance - 3.5/5; another dope Dre beat & Em flowed nicely, lyrically he was on point too; had a different sound to it than the rest of
the album.

9. We Made You - 2/5; it was enjoyable for laughs & him clowning on people, but if i had to rate the song it's a two lol.

10. Medicine Ball - 3.5/5; i really feel this track, the beat is AWESOME, Slim's flow is tight, different than any flow i've heard from him; love it.

11. Paul - N/A - the usual call from Paul lol.

12. Stay Wide Awake - 4/5; might be my second favorite beat & Em was real good on this song; sounded great.

13. Old Time's Sake - 4/5; i felt this joint when it leaked, good Em/Dre duo; love bumping this shit.

14. Must Be The Ganja - 3.5/5; the vibe of this song was just dope, Em came good, Dre came through with a beat, good shit.

15. Mr. Mathers - N/A

16. Deja Vu - 4/5; good song just all around; great flow, great flow & lyrics by Em. one of my favorites & one of the best off the album.

17. Beautiful - 4.5/5; easily the best song on the album. it was so true & the message was deep. Em opening up on the mic saying he knows he is done with rap. i loved the sample; just a DOPE song. 8)

18. Crack A Bottle - 3.5/5; a very over-hyped song because of the 3 giants on the same track together, but it was pretty good. still don't understand
where the video is going at ALL, but i'll try to figure it out lol.

19. Steve Berman - N/A

20. Underground/Ken Kaniff - 4.5/5; second best song off the album for me. great way to end the album; sounded like some vintage Em. Dre's beat
was UNREAL; my favorite beat off the album. i wish/hope all the songs off Relapse 2 sound like this; this should be the model for him to use to make that album. 8)

so yeah, solid album; more than i expected; better than Encore; Dre helped A LOT.

Em's flow was SICK, but his lyrics could use a little work for Relapse 2.

OVERALL: 3.5333333333333/5; lol i averaged it out. :P

solid album, better than i expected. 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2009, 01:25:26 PM »
I'll just say this: it was better than Encore.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE