Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21139 times)

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »
This CD sounds like a combination of all his cds!
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
would be cool to hear D.O.C. spit on the 3am beat, since Eminem ruined it
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 02:29:43 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2009, 02:33:56 PM »
Where's the Leak at? I wanna hear what he has to say since he's usually more about the lyrics than most of yall...

it's amazing that Em's getting a pass for the accent/lyrics from some people. This guy's rapping about getting raped by his dad, being a homosexual, raping women, fighting movie characters, impersonating christopher reeves... I mean fuck, I can't let this shit slide, no matter how good the beats are.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
Where's the Leak at? I wanna hear what he has to say since he's usually more about the lyrics than most of yall...

it's amazing that Em's getting a pass for the accent/lyrics from some people. This guy's rapping about getting raped by his dad, being a homosexual, raping women, fighting movie characters, impersonating christopher reeves... I mean fuck, I can't let this shit slide, no matter how good the beats are.

The man has been rapping about shit like that for 10+ years. You know in many cases what you are getting from Em before the beat comes on and he starts rapping.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2009, 02:54:26 PM »

The man has been rapping about shit like that for 10+ years. You know in many cases what you are getting from Em before the beat comes on and he starts rapping.

thats what i'm saying.

i think the exact opposite of R1ZE; people are not liking it because it isn't the same Eminem they grew to love.

i swear to god if this was Asher Roth's CD, some of you would call it "great" & "he's the next big thing".

but Em's bar is so high that this is concidered "awful".

so its not that people are letting it slid because its Eminem; its people aren't liking it because it isn't the Eminem people know.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »

thats what i'm saying.

i think the exact opposite of R1ZE; people are not liking it because it isn't the same Eminem they grew to love.

i swear to god if this was Asher Roth's CD, some of you would call it "great" & "he's the next big thing".

but Em's bar is so high that this is concidered "awful".

so its not that people are letting it slid because its Eminem; its people aren't liking it because it isn't the Eminem people know.

Well that is the thing about a rapper with the subject matter of Eminem. Sticky Fingaz said it best

"my name should be can't believe that nigga said that shit."

You can only capture that from the audience so much as far as subject matter. I think lyrically Em can and does drop some lyrical gems but as far as the shocking commentary and subject matter that has desensitized the ear to most. No different then watching the news everyday with all the crazy shit in the world. So in that sense people probably would want a different direction musically from Em, but in all seriousness who would buy into it even if in was sincere.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
I'll agree that it's better than Encore, but that doesn't say much.

The whole album on the first few listens just sounds so boring. The rapping, the beats, the choruses. There is nothing inspiring about any of it for me. Beautiful starts out great but then gets buried in that repetitive flow that seems to go one forever. Songs like Deja Vu and Underground stand out to me because of the rapping, but the content hurts them big time for me.

The only really bright spot for me is that some of my favourite albums of all time where very bring to me on the first few listens. But then again so were all of my least favourite albums.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »
Ganja is the hottest shit on this cd!!! chorus kills!!!!  8)

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »
Ganja is the hottest shit on this cd!!! chorus kills!!!!  8)

i love that whole track, but the chorus is my shit too! 8)

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2009, 05:07:51 PM »
I love EM! I love DRE! I LOVE RELAPSE!!!! I AM STAN! lol

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2009, 06:08:24 PM »
Encore > This wack shit.

kemizt

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2009, 06:09:22 PM »
im actually feelin this album, the beats have a kinda updated slim shady lp feel to them. lyrically it aint touchin old stuff but still its pretty good - if i gotta be honest i was expecting less but got more

~ Westcoast News Network ~

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »
Better than Encore, but still a wack CD. 3/5

Rick McCrank

« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »
could have been much better

Dre did a good job on the production, I like almost all the beats, even if Eminem ruins a few

like other people have mentioned, other people on his shit would sound great

his flow is different so you gotta get used to that, if you forget about the old Eminem you can enjoy it

overall there are some dumb tracks but really there are a few good ones.... production overshadows though

I like these:

Must Be The Ganja
Deja Vu
My Mom
Hello
Same Song & Dance
Stay Wide Awake
Underground
Old Times Sake  (Dre was cool but Em wasn't)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »
i wanna hear it... anyone got a link for me