Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21205 times)

Okka

Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
"Medicine Ball" might be a good choice for the next single, it's bangin.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »
they'd have to censor the entire thing ^

dameons

The " Relapse Conspiracy Theory " about the early leak....
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
Interesting read....Not sure if it's been posted....but, after listening to the track they talk about....it is open for conspiracy now.....f'n hype for this album is going to hit the FAN...

The Eminem Relapse Conspiracy

Yesterday the Internets were ablaze with z-shares and zip files of Eminem’s much anticipated album, Relapse. It seems every release by any rapper of note leaks these days, but a May 7th leak for a May 19th release date can do a lot of damage—even to Eminem.

But, while most of the hip-hop blogosphere has already digested the album and decided whether or not they like it, some of us at GIANT think Eminem may have a game-changing trick up his sleeve.

If you’ve listened to Relapse then you know that the majority of the album is a maniacal and murderous marathon helmed by Em’s alter-ego Slim Shady. If this is actually the real album, then it leaves much to be desired. But would Em really return from a five-year self-imposed exile to drop a revved-up caricature of himself spitting about serial killing and pill-popping? We just don’t see it.

Our hypothesis is that this “Leak” is not the real album at all, just a collection of crazed throwaway tracks. Or perhaps it’s the mixtape that should have led up to the album’s release. Another theory is that the Relapse that hit the net yesterday is only disc one of a double album.

Em says it himself on the second to last track of the album. When Marshall drops off the final copy of Relapse to the always angry Steve Berman, Steve says “What’s this s**t? Two CDs?” Em replies “That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you man, it’s two albums.” Then he exits the room.

There have already been rumors that Mr. Mathers will drop two albums this year, but Relapse is too redundant and incomplete to be either of them in their entirety.

No Em, “We don’t believe you, you need more people!”

Marshall Mathers may be a bit crazy but he is also multi-faceted. We’ve heard very personal, political and insightful records from him before and he has been through way too much in his personal life to not come clean here.

Keep in mind that Em has dealt with prescription drug addiction, a second divorce from Kim, the adoption of a second daughter and the murder of his best friend ALL since his last album, Encore, came out. He has also raised his beloved and often-mentioned daughter Hailie Jade.

We find it highly unlikely that an Em comeback album would not meaningfully address Hailie or Proof. Would not berate Bush, kill Kim or critique society. Em’s pen game is still mean and his lyrics and storytelling are on point, but his genius has more meaningful content to address. Unfortunately outside of “Deja Vu” and “Beautiful” Relapse chooses to focus on a sick-minded marauder raping, pillaging and torturing innocent bystanders. Slim Shady may be a chainsaw-wielding psycho, but Eminem and Marshall Mathers are not.

Let us not overlook the fact that the reclusive perfectionist known as Dr. Dre would probably not make his return to hip-hop with these beats. Relapse’s production isnt bad by any means, but none of the tracks are jaw-dropping sonic revelations.

Remember that Dre has been hibernating too. He has been cuddled up with Detox for the last eight years refusing to release it till its juuussst right. We can’t imagine a scenario in which Dre would return to society with the batch of instrumentals featured on Relapse. He and Eminem are both capable of too much more.

The highly unlikely coup that could knock rap on its ass if it came to be, is if Detox is the second disc of Relapse. The theme would work to symmetrical perfection and Em could redeem himself over Dre’s dopest shit.

Maybe we’re just conspiracy theorists, but we can’t believe that one of rap’s GOATs would return just to rant and rave. We know that Eminem is doper than this and have a suspicion that his marketing genius is about to be revealed too. For all the aforementioned reasons we are calling Relapse a Tour-de-Farce. If we’re wrong, chalk it up to our own paranoia.

Lunatic

Re: The " Relapse Conspiracy Theory " about the early leak....
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2009, 04:01:18 PM »
Poor excuse for the fact the album sucks. This is definitely the real album; just a poor one.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2009, 04:08:48 PM »
I could see that possibly and the fact that it is a early leak they might want to scramble and do something quick to change it up a lil. But being that it leaked on the 7th and it drops on the 19th I am surprised he has not moved the date up.

Lunatic

« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
The leak isn't as surprising to me. These big releases normally leak 11-12 days before the release date. They're probably shipped out or shipping real soon. No way they have any time to make any album changes.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »
The leak isn't as surprising to me. These big releases normally leak 11-12 days before the release date. They're probably shipped out or shipping real soon. No way they have any time to make any album changes.

I remember the Eminem Show leaked and they ended up selling it on Sunday in stores. That was because a actual store started selling it early though.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
Brother Ali>>>>>>Eminem

Ant>>>>>Dr Dre
i like how you were one of the first posters on here to check out Relapse  :laugh:

Thanks for noticing.  You got me again.

And actually if you look back, I didn't comment on the record until the 2nd page thus making me NOT one of the 1st posters.  Good try though, buddy  :-*
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:22:43 PM by Laconic »

Lunatic

« Reply #383 on: May 10, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »

I remember the Eminem Show leaked and they ended up selling it on Sunday in stores. That was because a actual store started selling it early though.
I wouldn't be surprised if they sold it early here either.

The Watcher

« Reply #384 on: May 10, 2009, 05:14:57 PM »
people had their tin foil hats on when encore dropped too. nobody thought Em would drop an album like Encore, but he did

this is the real album
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

sav

« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
It's definitely a grower, this album is getting better each listen.

Matty

« Reply #386 on: May 10, 2009, 06:34:11 PM »
lol @ that article. the album is so dissapointing that they make the case for this being a fake version of it. what leaked is the definitely the real deal. i like the part about dre:

"Let us not overlook the fact that the reclusive perfectionist known as Dr. Dre would probably not make his return to hip-hop with these beats. Relapse’s production isnt bad by any means, but none of the tracks are jaw-dropping sonic revelations.

Remember that Dre has been hibernating too. He has been cuddled up with Detox for the last eight years refusing to release it till its juuussst right. We can’t imagine a scenario in which Dre would return to society with the batch of instrumentals featured on Relapse. He and Eminem are both capable of too much more."

spot on if you ask me.

gghh

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #387 on: May 10, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #388 on: May 10, 2009, 08:14:39 PM »
Poor excuse for the fact the album sucks. This is definitely the real album; just a poor one.

While the album is obviously not his best work, it isn't that bad. Quit your hating.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #389 on: May 10, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
It's definitely a grower, this album is getting better each listen.

Agreed, after hearing it a few times. and then givin it a proper lisen in my car with a system the cd is pretyy dope! I like the girmey, physcopatchic, drug refrence, type of em. Its a dark album i like that. i think its alot better than Encore, Which wasnt hard to out due Encore, but i think i like it better them Eminem Show, after a good few days of bumpin the elbun
My order goes

Slim Shady LP
Marshall Mathers
Relapse (so far, after few days of lisening)
Eminem Show (close tie with Relapse, may change the order if i start getting board with Relapse soon
Encore