Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21088 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Why Em changed his voice? Exit Slim Shady-enter RAIN MAN
« Reply #480 on: May 12, 2009, 06:22:36 AM »
interesting, thanx for sharing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2009, 07:20:03 AM »

6  very good songs in my opinion. But I agree that it hasnt got that ONE SONG which would make it go quadruple platinum quickly. I.e. wayne - lollipop, t.i - whatever you like, kanye - stronger

Have any of those artists ever gone quadruple platinum? The most I remember any one of them is triple.

It's simply not better than Eminem show. With Out Me blows We Made You out of the water. White America, Soldier,Till I Collapse, and Cleaning Out My Closet are all tracks that no track on Relapse even comes close to.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #482 on: May 12, 2009, 08:21:01 AM »
Rain Man is such a dope track.  Clever as hell.  Went over most people's heads.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Paul

« Reply #483 on: May 12, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »

My favourite track on Encore
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #484 on: May 12, 2009, 08:46:13 AM »
how so?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #485 on: May 12, 2009, 09:04:43 AM »
how so?

It's summed up in the last lines:

"And I don't gotta make no god damn sense
I just did a whole song and I didn't say shit".

That's the whole and only "clever" bit about it, as far as I see it. One could argue there even being some existentialist aspect to it - making a song just for the sake of making a song. But there's no point making a song without having some value to it.

In my book, that song's just a waste of space and a waste of a good Dre beat.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I'm a huge Em fan but Relapse is horrible.
« Reply #486 on: May 12, 2009, 09:04:58 AM »
I do think this record was lyrical.
I do think it was creative and is a concept album.
I do think the beats weren't in-your-face fiyah on purpose. 
I do think the beats support the lyrics.
I do think his flow is straight.
I do think the accent is on purpose and represents the alter ego Slim Shady.  It does not bother me.
I do think Em is one of the most honest out even when his music isn't of the same quality or the same shock it used to. 
I do think Em is aware of this and it makes him more compelling because he continues to release music and spits about it.

I do think most people don't understand Relapse is a concept record and focus on relatively meaningless shit when they reflect on the album
I do think discussion is tight but none of it really matters because if you like it, you like it. 

Great post.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #487 on: May 12, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »
how so?

In my experience when talking to people about the song they dismiss it as "that comical track where he disses Christopher Reeves." The song is so much more then that.  It's basically Em's summary of his current career and his rebuttal to the critics.  

Rebuttal to critics:
You find me offensive? I find you offensive
For finding me offensive
Hence if I should draw a line on any fences
If so to what extense if
Any, should I go? 'Cause it's getting expensive
Being on the other side of the courtroom on the defensive
They say that I cause extensive
Psychological nerve damage to the brain when I go to lengths this,
Far at other people's expenses
I say your all just too god damn sensitive
It's censorship
And it's down right blasphemous
Listen to shit now cause I won't stand for this

Rebuttal against social conservatives:
Now in the Bible it says
Thou shalt not watch two lesbians in bed,
Have homosexual sex
Unless of course you were given the consent to join in
Then of course, it's intercourse
And it's bi-sexual sex
Which isn't as bad, as long as you show some remorse for your actions
Either before, during or after performing the act of that which
Is normally referred to have such, more commonly known phrases
That are more used by today's kids
In a more derogatory way but
Who's to say, what's fair to say, and what not to say?

Points out the double standard if not the hypocrisy of his critics:
Let's ask Dr. Dre
Dr. Dre? (What up?)
I gotta question if I may? (Yeah)
Is it gay to play Putt-Putt golf with a friend (Yeah)
And watch his butt-butt when he tees off? (Yeah)
But, but! I ain't done yet
In football the quarterback yells out hutt-hutt
While he reaches in another grown man's ass
Grabs on his nuts but just what if
It was never meant it was just an accident
But he tripped, fell, slipped and his penis went in
His teeny tiny little round hiney but he didn't mean it
But his little weenie flinched just a little bit
And I don't mean to go in into any more details but
What if he pictured it as a females butt?
Is that gay? I just need to clear things up
Till then I'll just walk around with a manly strut because...
Career reflection:
Anyway, anyway I don't know how else to put it
This is the only thing that I'm good at

Another rebuttal to critic while admitting his product isn't the same:
And I don't gotta make no god damn sense
I just did a whole song and I didn't say shit

Rain Man is for all the listeners complaining about his content.   they bitch that he's not saying something but he is saying something and they totally miss it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #488 on: May 12, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »
Top post Action, +1.

King Battman

« Reply #489 on: May 12, 2009, 09:35:48 AM »
VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE RELAPSE TRACKS HERE:

http://eminem--relapse.blogspot.com/

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #490 on: May 12, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
how so?

In my experience when talking to people about the song they dismiss it as "that comical track where he disses Christopher Reeves." The song is so much more then that.  It's basically Em's summary of his current career and his rebuttal to the critics.  

Rebuttal to critics:
You find me offensive? I find you offensive
For finding me offensive
Hence if I should draw a line on any fences
If so to what extense if
Any, should I go? 'Cause it's getting expensive
Being on the other side of the courtroom on the defensive
They say that I cause extensive
Psychological nerve damage to the brain when I go to lengths this,
Far at other people's expenses
I say your all just too god damn sensitive
It's censorship
And it's down right blasphemous
Listen to shit now cause I won't stand for this

Rebuttal against social conservatives:
Now in the Bible it says
Thou shalt not watch two lesbians in bed,
Have homosexual sex
Unless of course you were given the consent to join in
Then of course, it's intercourse
And it's bi-sexual sex
Which isn't as bad, as long as you show some remorse for your actions
Either before, during or after performing the act of that which
Is normally referred to have such, more commonly known phrases
That are more used by today's kids
In a more derogatory way but
Who's to say, what's fair to say, and what not to say?

Points out the double standard if not the hypocrisy of his critics:
Let's ask Dr. Dre
Dr. Dre? (What up?)
I gotta question if I may? (Yeah)
Is it gay to play Putt-Putt golf with a friend (Yeah)
And watch his butt-butt when he tees off? (Yeah)
But, but! I ain't done yet
In football the quarterback yells out hutt-hutt
While he reaches in another grown man's ass
Grabs on his nuts but just what if
It was never meant it was just an accident
But he tripped, fell, slipped and his penis went in
His teeny tiny little round hiney but he didn't mean it
But his little weenie flinched just a little bit
And I don't mean to go in into any more details but
What if he pictured it as a females butt?
Is that gay? I just need to clear things up
Till then I'll just walk around with a manly strut because...
Career reflection:
Anyway, anyway I don't know how else to put it
This is the only thing that I'm good at

Another rebuttal to critic while admitting his product isn't the same:
And I don't gotta make no god damn sense
I just did a whole song and I didn't say shit

Rain Man is for all the listeners complaining about his content.   they bitch that he's not saying something but he is saying something and they totally miss it.

hehe, good point!
i never looked at the lyrics of that song before, as i skipped the song ;)

jeanmiche777

« Reply #491 on: May 12, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
Man, if a song like Deja Vu would've been released as a single and reach the top of the charts, I think it would help to push hip-hop in the right direction. This song is vintage Eminem.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #492 on: May 12, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »
can someone upload deja vu AN 3AM??...its the only songs i actually want LOL

lucasfrenay

• 'G'

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #494 on: May 12, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »
Brother Ali>>>>>>Eminem

Ant>>>>>Dr Dre
i like how you were one of the first posters on here to check out Relapse  :laugh:

Thanks for noticing.  You got me again.

And actually if you look back, I didn't comment on the record until the 2nd page thus making me NOT one of the 1st posters.  Good try though, buddy  :-*
i didn't say anything about commenting  :nahnah2:

Not sure what happened to you recently but you've been quite the narcissist.  Anyway, how do you know that I was one of the 1st posters to check out Relapse?  Where is your empirical evidence? 

lol! i can understand why you got that impression, but it's not right.
you see,i can't help it that i'm able to recognise things, that most people aren't able to; so i'm not overestimating anything.
it's just an advantage  8)

it's interesting that your observations made you come to the conclusion that i've changed though  :laugh:
i haven't changed at all, but i've become more and more active on here over time.

anyway, well the forum has a tool, with which you can observe what other forum members are doing on here.
by coincidence,i saw that you were checking the discussion topic (which was made shortly after the leak of Relapse) and you posted your thoughts about it not long after that ( just check the post time & compare them with the first one of the topic), so it was obvious.
that's why i was able to make the statement about you being one of the first ones.
with your reponse to that, you tried to make it look like it wasn't a legit claim, while you didn't know my reasons for making the claim in the first place.

again, as with the argument about Dre, i just stated the truth.
i understand that it can be inconvenient, but don't blame me  ;D

Of course I knew your claims.  It's really not a big secret around here that there are numbers and dates and timestamps for everything.  So, dude.  Get off your own shaft for a moment.  Just because I commented early in the thread doesn't mean I was one of the 1st posters to check out Relapse.  And even if that was the case, which it's not considering the album leaked elsewhere beforehand, it doesn't make a shred of difference.  Furthermore, you know I'm not on here very often and you actually were the one who encouraged me to start engaging in more threads or creating more threads.  I just happened to start checking the forum when Lunatic had made the thread and so I commented.  As a matter of fact, I had already heard the record before the thread.  And as I stated before I'm a fan of Dr Dre so what is the point.  He just gets too much credit.  I sure as hell don't agree with everything you're doing but I don't start shit for the fuck of it.  That's counterproductive.  Stop acting like a baby.

lol it's funny how you get offended everytime i put you in check  :laugh:
i'm not too confident at all, so stop blaming me for your own mistakes.
i made a valid claim & i backed it up properly.
if that insults you, then that's your fault, not mine.

sure you can discuss what can be considered being "one of the first", but that's subjective.
however, i think my claim wasn't far fetched at all, which i tried to back up with my arguments.

also what has my encouragement towards you, to do with this conversation?
i haven't changed my mind about that.
not to mention that my claim about you checking Relapse relatively early, did not meant that it's bad to check out relapse in general(or that it's a bad thing that you checked it out).
i just thought it was funny (afterwards )that you checked the album out quite early when i saw you running your mouth about Dr.Dre.
as you noticed, i made that comment after i had an argument with you about Dr.Dre.

now that you mentioned that you're a fan of Dr.Dre, it makes it even more hilarious that you went so far in the argument.

also, i stated before that i wasn't going to argue whether Dr.Dre is overrated by the public: you can go back & find my quote where i stated that.
by the way, if you intended to start the conversation purely about that, then you're too late now: you should have limited yourself more with your comments.
all you can do now is come clean or stick your head in the sand.

also, not sure whether you accused me of starting shit randomly, but if true: then  :loser: at you for having the wrong idea.
don't speak on something you have no clue of.

last but not least, so now i'm also acting like a baby?  :D
first i'm acting narcissistic according to you and now this?  ;D
you're such a hypocrite.
say what you want about me, but unlike you, i'm actually able to swallow my pride; i've done that several times( on here, even after a heavy argument with D~Nice a long time ago; eventually we both came clean & everything has been cool again for a while now)
that doesn't make me a better person than you, but i'm just saying that you can learn from that.

PS: keep in mind that my tone in the Dr.Dre argument, switched slowly: the more you dug yourself in, the more it changed.

Remember you initiated this whole back and forth with your seemingly snide Khalil lol comment.  Not me. With that said:

1st off you didn't put anyone or anything in check.  Please read this and go back and read our conversations.
2nd, I'm not blaming you for any mistakes but I will say misinterpretations or reinterpretations and perhaps some over zealousness.
3rd, when I brought up the discussion encouragement I did so because by doing whatever you're doing right now (misinterpreting) it leads me to not want to discuss in depth because words can be mingled to death and taken the wrong way.  Hence my screen name Laconic and my past posts.  I try to be concise so this doesn't occur.
4th, I know you didn't mean it was a bad thing to check out Relapse.  That would be foolish unto itself.
5th, I wasn't "running my mouth" about Dr. Dre, and even if I was then who cares.  He's certainly not above criticism and dissection and that's what people should do with him because he's put on a pedestal while the group around him who make the music aren't treated likewise.  When I said there are better producers I meant that because these other guys are beat makers and producers not someone who takes skeletons or other people's beats( http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9098/title.eminem-s-we-made-you-co-producer-explains-his-big-break ) and tweeks them, among other things.  When you said I don't know shit about producing, that is completely off base because you made those comments based on something general that I said about Dre's production.  Obviously I didn't go into an entire tirade about everything he does.  But you really got "upset" when I said Dre needs others around him to make his shit hot and you called me biased.  You'll probably be hard pressed to find people that disagree with me because everyone knows through books, interviews, etc that Dre has a gaggle of people around him playing for him and mixing and writing and making beats and so forth.  I really don't think that is debatable.   I would like to hear music from DRE without the actual team but it just ain't gonna happen.  And that is why I brought up Paris because he does so many things and has little assistance in comparison.  Yeah, the music may not sound as "big" but it certainly stands the test of time and I enjoy it more than "Dre's work" for a variety of reasons.
6th, this is a waste of time going back and forth like this.  I have way better things to be doing but I would like to clear this up because I have respected your opinion in the past on several things.  I'm just not a fan when someone comes at me sideways and makes snide remarks (you initiated those) and calls me biased when clearly Dre has many "assistants" that contribute to the outcome of the music.  If he has individuals who make beats for him, write for him, mix for him, play music for him, engineer for him, and so forth then it's plain and simple to see that he needs others around him to make him who he is.  I don't understand why that is so difficult to comprehend.  So I'm not running and ducking my head in the sand for something that I didn't do.  If I was wrong then I would admit it.  But you haven't proven to me that I was because everybody knows Dre has a "team." Let's start a true/false poll and ask the other posters if it's likely Dre has many "helpers"  and if they contribute to making the shit as hot as it is.  I bet most will say True.  And just cause I'm a nice guy I apologize to you if I came at you in a non-helpful way but again you initiated it.  But I will not apologize for something I didn't do.  Peace...