Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21071 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Pre-Order Eminem's "RELAPSE" LP & Get 2 Bonus Songs + Videos!
« Reply #525 on: May 14, 2009, 05:21:26 AM »
Deluxe Versions of Eminem's New Album Relapse, Featuring Two Additional Tracks, to be Available Via Digital Retailers and Eminem.com on May 19th

RELAPSE CD WILL ALSO FEATURE LINK TO DOWNLOAD ONE EXCLUSIVE TRACK

SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Deluxe versions of multi-platinum hip-hop artist Eminem's brand-new album Relapse will be made available through all digital retailers on May 19th, the same day the physical album goes on-sale in stores.

One deluxe version will feature two bonus tracks not included on the physical CD, as well as videos for Eminem's recent singles "3AM" and "We Made You." Another deluxe version will be made available which features the same two bonus tracks without the videos.

Buyers of the physical CD will be able to download one hidden track by playing the disc on a computer and visiting www.eminem.com.

Fans who buy the album at Eminem.com will get the bonus audio and video as well as a chance to buy special limited album bundles that come with a signed 24x24 art quality print, exclusive t-shirts and sweatshirts, album vinyl and more.

Produced by Eminem's long-time collaborator Dr. Dre, the highly anticipated Relapse is Eminem's first album since 2004's 4x-platinum Encore. Several songs have already been released digitally, including "3AM," "Old Time's Sake," "We Made You," and "Crack a Bottle," which set a Nielsen Soundscan record for opening week download sales when it sold 418,000 digital tracks in its first week of release on iTunes in February. For more about Eminem, please visit www.eminem.com

SOURCE Interscope Records

http://ca.sys-con.com/node/962788

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #526 on: May 14, 2009, 05:25:27 AM »
Relapse>B.O.M.B only because of the production

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #527 on: May 14, 2009, 07:47:26 AM »
Don't know if it's already been posted, but here is the back cover art and the CD labeling:

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eminem will appear on the hit cartoon series "Family Guy" this Sunday (May 17th). The rapper will be featured in several interstital programing breaks through the entire night on FOX. What exactly will Eminem be doing? Well as Eminem's manager Paul Rosenberg says "What? Why? Tune in and find out what Stuey and Em chop it up about... Classic material."

"It was a thrill to work with Stewie," Eminem said in a press release. "I'm a big fan of talking babies and their humor."

check the link for a pic of stewie and Em: 

http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/051209-rapper-eminem-will-appear-on-the-hit-cartoon-series-family-guy-this-sunday-may-17th.html
ds
Eminem will be part of interstital programing breaks through the entire night on FOX" Souds interesting. Good promo for Eminem being on a hit tv show, then having speicial program breaks throughout the night on FOX, Sounds like some diffrent smart promotion for album. It be iteresting to see how it turns out

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The wait is over…Eminem’s Relapse is here
Category: Music
Starting today, Eminem fans can pre-order exclusive versions of Eminem’s long-awaited album, Relapse.

Here are a few of the things you’ll find only at www.eminem.com:

·Autographed Relapse prints
·Limited-edition Relapse T-shirts and Hoodies
·Premium 320kbps MP3 downloads
·iPod compatible videos
·Bonus songs, CDs, Vinyl, and more
All Relapse pre-orders come with an immediate download of an iPod-compatible video for “3 a.m.”, and fans will be emailed a link to download the remaining digital content when Relapse is available on May 19.

Head on over to Eminem.com and pre-order your copy of Relapse now!

I dont know why, but i really want that collectiable Relapse Pilll bottle.  Looks just like a regualar prescription bottle but with Rx Relapse Prescibed by Dre and all that. I think that would be a fuckin dope collectable to Remember Relapse....I dont know if I wanna spend 120 on the huge gift set just to get collectiable pill bottle, thr Eminem autograph and vinal would be dope too

KWayz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
To celebrate the release of his highly-anticipated new album, 'Relapse', Eminem is bringing a ‘Relapse Rehab Centre’ to Covent Garden in London on Monday 18th May.

Location -Covent Garden Piazz

Opening Time -8am – 8pm

Inside The 'Relapse' Centre -

Eminem lookalikes will approach members of the public, encouraging them to participate in the Relapse Rehab Centre

They will check in, and will be given a 'Relapse' wristband (featuring details of Facebook group)

Upon entering the Relapse Rehab Centre, the participants will be greeted by nurses who will offer them a branded test tube filled with ‘blood’ and show them to a vacant hospital bed where they can listen to the album, here they will have their photos takes

While the hospital beds are full, guests can sit in the hospital bench chill out areas

They will be ‘prescribed’ a bottle of Pills from the prescription zone from a nurse

Prior to leaving the 'Relapse' experience they will be encouraged to visit a massage zone, where two surgeons (masseuses) are giving 2-3 minute rehab head and shoulder massage

When they get to their computer they may go on Facebook to check out their photo in the grou

Zones Summary -

Chill out tables and benches, hospital bed chill out, pill prescription zone, test tube trolley and fridge, massage zone

'Relapse' (the album) is released on Monday, May 18th

LINKY  http://www.xtaster.co.uk/publiccontent_article.aspx?id=7857
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:31:18 PM by Rickdeeznutz »

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Man I wish i could go to this! Eminem look alikes asking people to partake in Relapse Rehab center. Check in and get Relapse wrist band, Nurses giving you test tubes filled with blood and take you to hospital bed to lisen to album, photos taken, then getting prescribed a medication bottle of special edition Relapse medicie bottle, prior to leaving surgeons are giving you a 2 3 min massage for rehab

ANd look at the areas!  Chill out tables and benches, hospital bed chill out, pill prescription zone, test tube trolley and fridge, massage zone

EMINEM has stepped up the promotion game with this! This is insane... A Fully theme place themed to his album, with free Medicine bottles that say Relapse prescribed by Dre, to evrything they got goin on.  Crazy!!

Jarkone

« Reply #533 on: May 14, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »
Listening to it as a concept album and knowing "the story behind the songs", it all make sense.  The more I listen to it it keeps getting better imo.
Not his best album but better than some garbage other artists dropping lately.
I hope Relapse 2 starts where this album ends.

Rob

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #534 on: May 14, 2009, 02:42:26 PM »
Listening to it as a concept album and knowing "the story behind the songs", it all make sense.  The more I listen to it it keeps getting better imo.
Not his best album but better than some garbage other artists dropping lately.
I hope Relapse 2 starts where this album ends.

After listened to this album from beginning to end everyday since it leaked im ready to say that this is a classic album and yes, its mostly thanx to Dr.Dre, this album has an extremely high replay value! Say what you want but this is his best one - THANK YOU DR.DRE this was a nice gift to make me stand the wait for Detox!
Now you don´t really know me, The muthafukkin´ nigga from the D.P.G, The K.U.R.U.P.T, i´m too smooth.../Kurupt - Dogg Pound Gangztaz

PLANT

Re: Eminem - Deja Vu [LYRICS]
« Reply #535 on: May 14, 2009, 02:56:29 PM »
sick!!!  Eminem kills it!!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #536 on: May 14, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »
It ain't that good but it's hot

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »
Merged a lot of the topics. Unless it's somethig really new and important post all news here.

The album has mad replay value, last time it was like this was Ultimate Victory. Just put this in the car, it's definetly a sonic experience. Probably the best produced cd since 2001.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
To celebrate the release of his highly-anticipated new album, 'Relapse', Eminem is bringing a ‘Relapse Rehab Centre’ to Covent Garden in London on Monday 18th May.

Location -Covent Garden Piazz

Opening Time -8am – 8pm

Inside The 'Relapse' Centre -

Eminem lookalikes will approach members of the public, encouraging them to participate in the Relapse Rehab Centre

They will check in, and will be given a 'Relapse' wristband (featuring details of Facebook group)

Upon entering the Relapse Rehab Centre, the participants will be greeted by nurses who will offer them a branded test tube filled with ‘blood’ and show them to a vacant hospital bed where they can listen to the album, here they will have their photos takes

While the hospital beds are full, guests can sit in the hospital bench chill out areas

They will be ‘prescribed’ a bottle of Pills from the prescription zone from a nurse

Prior to leaving the 'Relapse' experience they will be encouraged to visit a massage zone, where two surgeons (masseuses) are giving 2-3 minute rehab head and shoulder massage

When they get to their computer they may go on Facebook to check out their photo in the grou

Zones Summary -

Chill out tables and benches, hospital bed chill out, pill prescription zone, test tube trolley and fridge, massage zone

'Relapse' (the album) is released on Monday, May 18th

LINKY  http://www.xtaster.co.uk/publiccontent_article.aspx?id=7857

I thought this was thread material, The way there doin promotion on this album is crazy!  This is by far the crazyiest promotion idea ive ever seen

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2009, 05:31:04 PM »
The promotion they be doing for this album is crazy. Seriously nobody can blame interscope if this shit fails to sell!...which it wont! Eminem going to do huge numbersfirst two weeks atleast with this album, its everywhere.

As for the actual album, like i said review is coming! I just been hearing it alot recently, still dont think its dope or anything and i def dont agree with meho that its the best produced cd since 2001, but i do like some of the productions on it and some of the flows from eminem. Like i said, it coming! I feel this is one of them cds, gets bumped good for a week or two and then never gets spun again, for me anyway.  We'll see, some of the lyrics and content is seriously wack but there are moments of great lyrics and flows too...

review will be coming soon!lol

pz!