Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 20871 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
Alright my second spin.. Beats are NICE!

Would have been interesting to hear Bishop on some of these.  :-X

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »
Now DRE just has to drop Detox in the end of 2009! damn it. With beats like "My Mom", "Shit Popped Off", "Hello", "Stay Wide Awake", "Deja Vu" etc. I'd be more than satisfied. And we all know he saved beats over past few years now. I REALLY hope this album will do well on the charts, altough Em might not deserve it because of his fuccin accent. I think that, if this album will sell, Dre will put Detox out.

OchoCinco

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2009, 04:39:01 PM »
My problem with the album is that there are no song on this album where em sounds hungry and spits with emphasis and emotion. Thats wen em is at his best.

mrkmaidog

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »
not bads, i'd  give it a 3.5-4 outta 5, it's like "kingdom come" type of feel in a way....kinda expecting more outta this album with the hype it got. dre couldve done a better job on beats. they're solid but doesnt have that knockout standout feel to it. proof that "The Documentary" is the last album where we'll hear Classic/Top Notch Dre production.... Dre get back with Game and produce some real HEAT. fuck workin with 5.0. what we gon get another average track like "i get it in?"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »
You mean Massacre right ? 3 out of 5 Dre beats were originally 50's. You're left with the great Start From Scratch and weak Mary J. joint.

Not to mention it more has to do with that Elizodno and Storch were present for the last time.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »
Alot of people on here saying this album is better than Encore.  I actually think Encore was better.  Because "Beautiful" is a great song, but no better then "Mockingbird".   And "3AM" is dope but no better than "Evil Deeds".  "Crack A Bottle" is decent but not much better than "Never Enough".  And "Old Times Sake" is okay but I think "Encore" feat. Dre and 50 was alot better.  And there's no song on here that's as good as "We As Americuns" (although that track was only on the bonus disc.

So I don't see how this is really any better than Encore.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Lunatic

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »
^actually yes, Encore is a better album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
1. Intro - Good opener. Gives the album a "dark tone" to begin. I like it.
2. 3 AM - Simple beat, but I like it. Real cinematic, horror like; fits the concept pretty well. Lyrics are for the most part, on point. Accent gets annoying at times, but gets more and more tolerable with each listen. The beat fitting the concept so well is the overall highlight of this track. I've liked this track more and more with each listen. - 4/5

3. My Mom - Loving the horns on the beat. Dr. Dre did his thing on here. The chorus is absolute crap though, extremely, BEYOND annoying. The accent is fucking terrible on here. Cool subject matter, he's been there, done that though. The beat is oh so hot though. This track got worse with a 2nd listen though. Gets a pass for the beat - 2.5/5
4. Insane - cool beat. Cool/weird subject matter, fucked up with the stepfather rape. Gets annoying at times. Avg track, not as annoying as "My Mom" though. - 2.75/5

5. Bagpipes from Baghdad - Experimental beat imo. it's pretty cool. Very annoying song though; so bad. Lol at the Nick Cannon line though. - 2/5
6. Hello - Simple beat, but average imo. Wack hook. Wack delivery. - 2.25/5
7. Tonya - N/A

8. Same Song & Dance - Ok beat. Ok concept, terrible delivery of ideas. Just awful. Such a bad song overall. - 2/5
9. We Made You - Typical Eminem first single. We've all heard it. - 1/5

10. Medicine Ball - I like this beat. The accent ruins it though. Makes it very annoying. Ironic hook, yes I do hate this ;D  - 2.25/5
11. Paul - N/A, but fucking hilarious
12. Stay Wide Awake - I really like this beat, SO DOPE. The hook is real good as well. Accent is gay and fuck on this. Lyrics are on point. - 3.5/5
13. Old Time's Sake  - Simple beat, but again, I really like it. The accent isn't as bad, but the hook in his normal voice is better. I like Dre's parts. - 4/5

14. Must Be The Ganja - As Meho said, vintage Snoop/50 beat. Judging off "I Get High" or "Smoke Some Weed", this would still be better for Lloyd Banks or Ice Cube. The beat is cool like that. Don't like what Em did with it at all though. Not as bad as some of the other cuts on this album though. - 3/5
15. Mr. Mathers - N/A
16. Deja Vu - Great beat, great hook. Definitely one of the best tracks on the album. - 4/5

17. Beautiful - The one moment on the album of the of the best of Eminem, and surprisingly, it's the 1 beat Dre didn't do. But Dre's beats are great on this, this song is best b/c of Em's performance being easily, his best on the entire album. - 5/5
18. Crack a Bottle - Always liked this beat. Don't like the hook at all. Em's verse is cool. Dre murders this shit. 50's singing is ok, not bad as some said. - 3.5/5
19. Steve Berman Skit - N/A

20. Underground - Grimey beat. Vintage Eminem on this one. Good way to end the album. - 5/5

Awful album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »
Dude needs to lay off the Christopher Reeves dissing...WTF! That shit is lame..

jeanmiche777

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
1. Intro - Good opener. Gives the album a "dark tone" to begin. I like it.
2. 3 AM - Simple beat, but I like it. Real cinematic, horror like; fits the concept pretty well. Lyrics are for the most part, on point. Accent gets annoying at times, but gets more and more tolerable with each listen. The beat fitting the concept so well is the overall highlight of this track. I've liked this track more and more with each listen. - 4/5

3. My Mom - Loving the horns on the beat. Dr. Dre did his thing on here. The chorus is absolute crap though, extremely, BEYOND annoying. The accent is fucking terrible on here. Cool subject matter, he's been there, done that though. The beat is oh so hot though. This track got worse with a 2nd listen though. Gets a pass for the beat - 2.5/5
4. Insane - cool beat. Cool/weird subject matter, fucked up with the stepfather rape. Gets annoying at times. Avg track, not as annoying as "My Mom" though. - 2.75/5

5. Bagpipes from Baghdad - Experimental beat imo. it's pretty cool. Very annoying song though; so bad. Lol at the Nick Cannon line though. - 2/5
6. Hello - Simple beat, but average imo. Wack hook. Wack delivery. - 2.25/5
7. Tonya - N/A

8. Same Song & Dance - Ok beat. Ok concept, terrible delivery of ideas. Just awful. Such a bad song overall. - 2/5
9. We Made You - Typical Eminem first single. We've all heard it. - 1/5

10. Medicine Ball - I like this beat. The accent ruins it though. Makes it very annoying. Ironic hook, yes I do hate this ;D  - 2.25/5
11. Paul - N/A, but fucking hilarious
12. Stay Wide Awake - I really like this beat, SO DOPE. The hook is real good as well. Accent is gay and fuck on this. Lyrics are on point. - 3.5/5
13. Old Time's Sake  - Simple beat, but again, I really like it. The accent isn't as bad, but the hook in his normal voice is better. I like Dre's parts. - 4/5

14. Must Be The Ganja - As Meho said, vintage Snoop/50 beat. Judging off "I Get High" or "Smoke Some Weed", this would still be better for Lloyd Banks or Ice Cube. The beat is cool like that. Don't like what Em did with it at all though. Not as bad as some of the other cuts on this album though. - 3/5
15. Mr. Mathers - N/A
16. Deja Vu - Great beat, great hook. Definitely one of the best tracks on the album. - 4/5

17. Beautiful - The one moment on the album of the of the best of Eminem, and surprisingly, it's the 1 beat Dre didn't do. But Dre's beats are great on this, this song is best b/c of Em's performance being easily, his best on the entire album. - 5/5
18. Crack a Bottle - Always liked this beat. Don't like the hook at all. Em's verse is cool. Dre murders this shit. 50's singing is ok, not bad as some said. - 3.5/5
19. Steve Berman Skit - N/A

20. Underground - Grimey beat. Vintage Eminem on this one. Good way to end the album. - 5/5

Awful album.

Agree with you for most of it, but I don't really like Beautiful.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »
i fuck wit Relapse.  i knew tha singles would be tha wackest on tha album (who actually listens to tha singles once you get tha album anyway- no matter how good it is).  im happy with it.  The brand new 12 tracks bang.  and the singles do to once you get past the accent and "we made you".  "underground" is the shit too, i guess the snippet didn't justify it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:12:02 PM by RadioTube! Da Don »

Jay_J

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »
Let's vote track by track

01. Dr. West

02. 3 A.M. - 3.5

03. My Mom -  4

04. Insane -  4

05. Bagpipes From Baghdad -  5

06. Hello - 4

05. Bagpipes From Baghdad -  5 (no, nuthings wrong...i just wanted to listen it again... damn!)

07. Tonya

08. Same Song & Dance - 3

09. We Made You - 4.5

10. Medicine Ball - 2

11. Paul

12. Stay Wide Awake - 4

13. Old Time's Sake - 3

14. Must Be The Ganja - 2

15. Mr. Mathers

16. Deja Vu - 4

17. Beautiful - 3

18. Crack A Bottle - 1 (it shouldnt be listed, sounds like a mixtape song)

19. Underground - 5

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »
i give the album a 3/5 seemed rushed and concepts were horrible

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »
"Bagpipes From Baghdad" beat reminds me of Crooked I's "Circle Gang Anthem" (Track off Block Obama II)

The Watcher

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
is this a retail/grouprip, or some shitty web rip?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden