Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21086 times)

jaytee

Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2009, 01:42:18 AM »
I originally said that they should just release the instrumental of the album after hearing the leaked tracks.  The album is better than I expected though.  Is that saying much?  Probably not, because I haven't been feeling Eminem since the 8 Mile OST.  The accent kills the experience for the most part, but they aren't bothering me as much as they initially were since after a couple of tracks leaked it was clear that asking for a song without the accent was going to be too much to ask for.  I can't see myself bumping the album partially because of the accent, but I suppose  it works for the whole concept.

If an instrumental album drops, I'll buy that.  If it doesn't then hopefully the instrumentals will leak.  Dre came through and really did his thing from a production standpoint.  It's a shame that some of them were wasted for some silly sub-par songs, but I'm sure we'll be hearing some freestyles from other artists spitting on them soon enough.

I do like the cinematic feel to it though.  Some movies you can watch over and over and never get tired of it.  This isn't one of those movies though.  This is a movie where you've seen it once or twice and you're content with that.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, so I'm not mad at it. It's just not something that I think I would listen to more than a few times with the exception of a few tracks.  

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2009, 02:41:17 AM »
Not feeling Em's subject matter at all regardless of the "concept."  However, his flow is crazy and you can definitely tell he's been hittin the treadmill with that type of breath control.

The beats are pretty good for the most part.  Still don't completely understand the Dre dickriding though.  There are better producers out there who don't take years to release product.
like who?

Kno of Cunninlynguists, Ant from Atmosphere, Sabzi from Blue Scholars/Common Market, Dj Khalil, etc.
i can't speak on most of them, but DJ Khalil? lol.
his sound is sometimes experimental, but that doesn't necessarily make the final product better.
i find it funny that you mention him though, cause he imitates Dre from time to time  :P

to me there's no one as consistent as Dre: he's been dropping quality for several years now

Khalil does Dre beats better than Dre does them IMO.  And apparently he's not afraid to actually release product to be dissected.  Don't get me wrong, it's great that Dre did all of Em's new record minus the 1 but we're talking 10 years now since he's done that.  And again, he needs others to make his shit as hot as it is.  Just like his lyrics, almost everything is co-written/produced.  I personally feel like it's a kick in the balls to Rakim, Joell Ortiz, Bishop and many others, including and, especially the fans, out there who could be doing some thing AMAZING with the production that is supplied.  This shit kills me.  At the end of the day like so many others, DRE is concerned with making money instead of integrity.   :-[

i thought we were discussing Dre's work, not the actual person  :P
cause i can write pages about that too  ;)

but the statement that Dre needs other people to make his stuff hot is just bullshit.
that's bias right there

i can't speak on most of them, but DJ Khalil? lol.
his sound is sometimes experimental, but that doesn't necessarily make the final product better.
i find it funny that you mention him though, cause he imitates Dre from time to time :P

to me there's no one as consistent as Dre: he's been dropping quality for several years now

Well, Khalil has been workin with Dre for a long time, maybe he is responsible for some of the Dr. Dre "sounds" we all love. In 2003 Bad Azz said that Dr. Dre got this guy called Khalil ghostproducing for him.
if anything, Khalil serves as an inspiration for Dre ( for Detox)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:17:36 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »
wow, this album is full of shit.
not that i expected a great album, but not like this.

i'll be listening to Deja Vu & Underground some more to see if it passes the test.
i already got Crack a bottle; so they put this on here after all

Okka

« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2009, 03:33:15 AM »
I hope the second "Relapse" is full of dark songs like "Stay Wide Awake", for real that beat is fuckin dope :o

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2009, 03:44:36 AM »
Stay Wide Awake is pure crack indeed  :o

This cd brings one good thing. It restored my faith in Dre and even his co-production partnership with Mark Batson. Expects a Dre- Day reply in 3,2,1... :)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2009, 04:13:27 AM »
Actually, looking at the credits the best tracks are Dre solos. So I'm still in doubts about Batson.

Okka

« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
Actually, looking at the credits the best tracks are Dre solos. So I'm still in doubts about Batson.

What solo beats has Mark Batson made? Only produced songs with Dre?

H.O.V.A.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2009, 04:27:13 AM »

"Hold Down the Block" off Nas' Hip Hop is Dead for example...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2009, 04:35:29 AM »

"Hold Down the Block" off Nas' Hip Hop is Dead for example...

Street Theology

Stay Wide Awake is pure crack indeed  :o

This cd brings one good thing. It restored my faith in Dre and even his co-production partnership with Mark Batson. Expects a Dre- Day reply in 3,2,1... :)
lol!  :D

well, why can't you just say that you like certain productions & dislike the others?
why pay so much attention to musicians/partners?

also, for once make up your mind!  ;D

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:40:24 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2009, 04:37:30 AM »

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=126880.0

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2009, 04:37:58 AM »
Mark Batson co-produced "Goriila Pimpin 5008" off Bishop's Confessional with Che Vicious...that was one of my favourite tracks last summer. 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2009, 04:41:11 AM »
Mark Batson co-produced "Goriila Pimpin 5008" off Bishop's Confessional with Che Vicious...that was one of my favourite tracks last summer. 8)
you've got to admit that the drumsounds were cheap as hell.

ask Matty

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2009, 04:46:38 AM »
Y'all need to chill with the comments, this album is far from awful. Some of you expect them to create magic everytime they come out. The beats are great on lots of songs so it cant be awful for that reason alone.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2009, 04:47:38 AM »
Y'all need to chill with the comments, this album is far from awful. Some of you expect them to create magic everytime they come out. The beats are great on lots of songs so it cant be awful for that reason alone.
why?

i'm just being honest, based on what it is

Okka

« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2009, 04:50:08 AM »

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=126880.0

Thanks, should have checked out the vault. Anybody what Mike Elizondo is workin on these days?