Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 20856 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2009, 06:15:52 AM »
Mark Batson co-produced "Goriila Pimpin 5008" off Bishop's Confessional with Che Vicious...that was one of my favourite tracks last summer. 8)
you've got to admit that the drumsounds were cheap as hell.

ask Matty

Maybe they were, but it bangs on my big speakers so I haven't bothered to dissect and critique the beat.

Of course, now you've mentioned this I'll be checking for cheap drum sounds every time I listen to it lol
i hope that this is a compliment, and not a diss  :laugh:  :'(

It's neither  ;)

I know that if I analyse the beat too much I'll find something I don't like - and now I'll be bitching about the drums everytime I hear it...thanks  :-\

Also the reason why I've not really been reading all the replies in this thread; I'm enjoying Relapse at the moment, ignorance is bliss  ;D
you know you can be a critic & still enjoy a track.

Not feeling Em's subject matter at all regardless of the "concept."  However, his flow is crazy and you can definitely tell he's been hittin the treadmill with that type of breath control.

The beats are pretty good for the most part.  Still don't completely understand the Dre dickriding though.  There are better producers out there who don't take years to release product.
like who?

Kno of Cunninlynguists, Ant from Atmosphere, Sabzi from Blue Scholars/Common Market, Dj Khalil, etc.
i can't speak on most of them, but DJ Khalil? lol.
his sound is sometimes experimental, but that doesn't necessarily make the final product better.
i find it funny that you mention him though, cause he imitates Dre from time to time  :P

to me there's no one as consistent as Dre: he's been dropping quality for several years now

Khalil does Dre beats better than Dre does them IMO.  And apparently he's not afraid to actually release product to be dissected.  Don't get me wrong, it's great that Dre did all of Em's new record minus the 1 but we're talking 10 years now since he's done that.  And again, he needs others to make his shit as hot as it is.  Just like his lyrics, almost everything is co-written/produced.  I personally feel like it's a kick in the balls to Rakim, Joell Ortiz, Bishop and many others, including and, especially the fans, out there who could be doing some thing AMAZING with the production that is supplied.  This shit kills me.  At the end of the day like so many others, DRE is concerned with making money instead of integrity.   :-[

i thought we were discussing Dre's work, not the actual person  :P
cause i can write pages about that too  ;)

but the statement that Dre needs other people to make his stuff hot is just bullshit.
that's bias right there

How is that bias?  Dre has a whole team with him almost every time he drops something.  Co-producers, key players, guitar players, mixers, engineers and so forth.  That's a fact. 

it is bias because you take a subjective argument as a fact.
it is a fact that Dre doesn't do everything by himself, but that doesn't mean that he's not the locomotive.
you might as well discredit Paris & other producers that work similar as Dre

Aye yo Dre-Day, what you think about the beat on "Stay Wide Awake" ?
it has a cool vibe, but it's a bit repetitive to me like 3am

Paris doesn't have an entire squad of people around him.  He writes, produces, arranges, performs and mixes almost everything he releases.  He also does the photography, cover designs, layout and graphics.  However, he has an engineer, Bruce, who also does some guitar work.  That's one hell of a difference between the 2.

Locomotive?  Is that why he never gets anywhere (aka releases anything?)  I would say yes.  If Dre wasn't such a perfectionist, a lovely euphemism BTW, then he would release something every year.  These excuses need to kick rocks.
stop looking so deep into the example; you were discrediting Dr.Dre for the fact that he doesn't do everything by himself.
i used Paris as an example, just to point out that there's nothing wrong with not doing everything by yourself.

also, lol at the sarcasm. why are switching the subject & taking my word out of context?

by the way, there's no point in trying to save your face in this conversation.
this isn't about who's right or wrong.
but i would appreciate it if you just admitted that you're biased about Dr.Dre
he may be overrated, but that's another story.

I'm discrediting Dre because he does very little himself and yet he gets all the recognition when, in fact, he has a good number of people who make him who he is.  And I'm discrediting his fans who only give recognition to Dre himself.  And the Paris example is perfect for what I originally said in my 1st post.

LOL@ trying to save face.  You've got to be kidding me!!  I'm one of the few on here who uses logic when I write.  And I'm not biased towards Dre.  I'm honest.  I love some of his work and the guy has an incredible ear for music but that's it.  I know of many who have an incredible ear for music though.  And it doesn't take them 10 years to produce a record.  Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. 

again, it's not a fact that Dre does very little by himself, you just assume.

no i'm not kidding: you're trying to get away with it.
the truth is, you can't.
you can use funny wordplay, switch the subject, deny that you're being biased,
but this radical defending strategy won't make a difference.

you can be mature about it & and actually be honest, by admitting that you were biased.
that's what i tried to tell you in my last post.

we could also go on off course, that's fine too.
i was just trying to help you realise something

Portugoal

« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:43 AM »
10 pages of discussion about a most likely subpar album... *smh*

Okka

« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2009, 06:36:18 AM »

Well, if you can believe Sam Sneed, Daz Dillinger, Snoop Dogg, J.Flexx, Bad Azz and some others, Dre "produces" it doesn't mean he makes the beat.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2009, 06:43:45 AM »
can sum1 link me with the album please?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2009, 06:56:21 AM »
Mark Batson co-produced "Goriila Pimpin 5008" off Bishop's Confessional with Che Vicious...that was one of my favourite tracks last summer. 8)

ask Matty

Maybe they were, but it bangs on my big speakers so I haven't bothered to dissect and critique the beat.

Of course, now you've mentioned this I'll be checking for cheap drum sounds every time I listen to it lol

It's neither  ;)

I know that if I analyse the beat too much I'll find something I don't like - and now I'll be bitching about the drums everytime I hear it...thanks  :-\

Also the reason why I've not really been reading all the replies in this thread; I'm enjoying Relapse at the moment, ignorance is bliss  ;D

Not feeling Em's subject matter at all regardless of the "concept."  However, his flow is crazy and you can definitely tell he's been hittin the treadmill with that type of breath control.

The beats are pretty good for the most part.  Still don't completely understand the Dre dickriding though.  There are better producers out there who don't take years to release product.
like who?

Kno of Cunninlynguists, Ant from Atmosphere, Sabzi from Blue Scholars/Common Market, Dj Khalil, etc.
his sound is sometimes experimental, but that doesn't necessarily make the final product better.
i find it funny that you mention him though, cause he imitates Dre from time to time  :P

to me there's no one as consistent as Dre: he's been dropping quality for several years now

Khalil does Dre beats better than Dre does them IMO.  And apparently he's not afraid to actually release product to be dissected.  Don't get me wrong, it's great that Dre did all of Em's new record minus the 1 but we're talking 10 years now since he's done that.  And again, he needs others to make his shit as hot as it is.  Just like his lyrics, almost everything is co-written/produced.  I personally feel like it's a kick in the balls to Rakim, Joell Ortiz, Bishop and many others, including and, especially the fans, out there who could be doing some thing AMAZING with the production that is supplied.  This shit kills me.  At the end of the day like so many others, DRE is concerned with making money instead of integrity.   :-[

but the statement that Dre needs other people to make his stuff hot is just bullshit.
that's bias right there

How is that bias?  Dre has a whole team with him almost every time he drops something.  Co-producers, key players, guitar players, mixers, engineers and so forth.  That's a fact. 

it is a fact that Dre doesn't do everything by himself, but that doesn't mean that he's not the locomotive.

Paris doesn't have an entire squad of people around him.  He writes, produces, arranges, performs and mixes almost everything he releases.  He also does the photography, cover designs, layout and graphics.  However, he has an engineer, Bruce, who also does some guitar work.  That's one hell of a difference between the 2.

Locomotive?  Is that why he never gets anywhere (aka releases anything?)  I would say yes.  If Dre wasn't such a perfectionist, a lovely euphemism BTW, then he would release something every year.  These excuses need to kick rocks.
stop looking so deep into the example; you were discrediting Dr.Dre for the fact that he doesn't do everything by himself.
i used Paris as an example, just to point out that there's nothing wrong with not doing everything by yourself.

also, lol at the sarcasm. why are switching the subject & taking my word out of context?

I'm discrediting Dre because he does very little himself and yet he gets all the recognition when, in fact, he has a good number of people who make him who he is.  And I'm discrediting his fans who only give recognition to Dre himself.  And the Paris example is perfect for what I originally said in my 1st post.

LOL@ trying to save face.  You've got to be kidding me!!  I'm one of the few on here who uses logic when I write.  And I'm not biased towards Dre.  I'm honest.  I love some of his work and the guy has an incredible ear for music but that's it.  I know of many who have an incredible ear for music though.  And it doesn't take them 10 years to produce a record.  Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. 

the truth is, you can't.

you can be mature about it & and actually be honest, by admitting that you were biased.

Wow.  We went off topic from the thread so I will respond one last time and then take it to the PM if need be.  I'm not assuming that DRE does little by himself...the proof is in his discography.  He doesn't write, doesn't play any instruments, needs co-producers, needs engineers, needs his slave master Jimmie, needs his idiot Eminem and so forth.  I think he would actually release more if he didn't have all these people around him...so that needs to happen IMO.  But if you're so omniscient then please reveal what it is that DRE actually does do besides pressing some buttons and coming up with some melody in his head.  IMO, it takes a whole hell of a lot more to be considered the greatest producer ever in hip hop.

Secondly, The truth is I'm not trying to "get away" with anything.  That is an assumption.  My wordplay is the way I write...take it or leave it.  Everything I've said has been relevant to the conversation with emphasis on the Paris example and the other producers who assiduously release really solid music without a plethora of individuals doing the majority for them.  I have no idea why you are fervently defending DRE when, in fact, there is not a whole lot to defend.  When he starts dropping records on a regular basis without a dream team by his side I'll be glad to admit that I was wrong and will probably enjoy the music that much more.  

David Gutterman

« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2009, 07:06:14 AM »
 8)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2009, 07:09:40 AM »
What's with everybody being a tuff critic?  It's good music, it wasn't meant 2 be mind shattering or the soundtrack for world domination.

people have diff tastes... for some people rapping about lindsey lohan and popping vicodins isnt what we wanna hear

what people wonna hear? Nate Dogg singig abaut geting bitches and he can fuck hes own wife?? Or Hearing Kurupt or Knock rapping abaut gang bang and they never beat some one..what u wonna hear..?

True shit.

Different taste is one thing but people take their opinions and themselves way too serious.  I'd like to see someone on dubcc makes music better and not some FL Studio groove that's a variation of their favorite producers work.

ugh, worst defense ever

if all critics had to be able to be better than what they're reviewing then there wouldnt be any.

eminems lyrics are fucking garbage.

why u cheking it? see i dont check yo fav raper,he's garbage 8) :D

worst trolling ever?

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2009, 07:26:54 AM »
can sum1 link me with the album please?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

toebee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #248 on: May 08, 2009, 07:28:49 AM »
can someone send me apm with a link please?

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2009, 07:28:53 AM »
Eminem really fell off with his hook writing on this album... nothing memorable

Only chorus that works with the a beat is Must Be The Ganja...

...Underground is just epic  :o

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Paul

« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2009, 07:38:13 AM »
What's with everybody being a tuff critic?  It's good music, it wasn't meant 2 be mind shattering or the soundtrack for world domination.

Every1 is a critic nowadays  :-\

Gonna give the album a listen just now, not taken alot of the opinions on here seriously

funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »

ask Matty

It's neither  ;)

like who?

that's bias right there

the truth is, you can't.

Wow.  We went off topic from the thread so I will respond one last time and then take it to the PM if need be.  I'm not assuming that DRE does little by himself...the proof is in his discography.  He doesn't write, doesn't play any instruments, needs co-producers, needs engineers, needs his slave master Jimmie, needs his idiot Eminem and so forth.  I think he would actually release more if he didn't have all these people around him...so that needs to happen IMO.  But if you're so omniscient then please reveal what it is that DRE actually does do besides pressing some buttons and coming up with some melody in his head.  IMO, it takes a whole hell of a lot more to be considered the greatest producer ever in hip hop.

Secondly, The truth is I'm not trying to "get away" with anything.  That is an assumption.  My wordplay is the way I write...take it or leave it.  Everything I've said has been relevant to the conversation with emphasis on the Paris example and the other producers who assiduously release really solid music without a plethora of individuals doing the majority for them.  I have no idea why you are fervently defending DRE when, in fact, there is not a whole lot to defend.  When he starts dropping records on a regular basis without a dream team by his side I'll be glad to admit that I was wrong and will probably enjoy the music that much more.  

you just proved that you don't know shit about producing.
i'm not able to gain knowledge for you, you need to do that yourself before running your mouth.

also, you can stick with your thick headed version of the truth, but as i said, the reality is that you're still trying to beat around the bush.
that's not an assumption: it's just how you act.

by the way, you got it wrong if you think that this is about Dre: i hate bias & i especially hate it when someone denies it and covers it. so don't blame me for confronting you with it; don't do the crime, if you can't do the time

so Dre doesn't need to do anything, as you made a mistake, not Dr.Dre. you're stuck with a misconception.
it's you that needs to change.
you need to have the balls to shallow your pride.

so don't even bother contacting me about this, unless you've finally realised that you were wrong.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:48:19 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Okka

« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »
I don't why but that shit in "Medicine Ball" about Christopher Reeves makes me laugh, i'm a bit drunk right now so that might be the reason.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:59:50 AM by Okka »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #253 on: May 08, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »

ask Matty

It's neither  ;)

like who?

that's bias right there

the truth is, you can't.

you just proved that you don't know shit about producing.
i'm not able to gain knowledge for you, you need to do that yourself before running your mouth.

also, you can stick with your thick headed version of the truth, but as i said, the reality is that you're still trying to beat around the bush.
that's not an assumption: it's just how you act.

by the way, you got it wrong if you think that this is about Dre: i hate bias & i especially hate it when someone denies it and covers it. so don't blame me for confronting you with it; don't do the crime, if you can't do the time

so Dre doesn't need to do anything, as you made a mistake, not Dr.Dre. you're stuck with a misconception.
it's you that needs to change.
you need to have the balls to shallow your pride.

so don't even bother contacting me about this, unless you've finally realised that you were wrong.

LMAO!!  You're rather amusing.  Thanks for my lesson.  I'm highly enlightened now, massa!  Appreciate it, Dre-Day.  

Matty

« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2009, 08:15:59 AM »
i love how there is so much defensiveness against any negative opinions. discounting the trolls and general stupidity, it's obvious that people are literally STARVED for some good music.

i won't front - from an instrumental viewpoint this isn't a complete fuck up (although personally i'm not that impressed) but that is a terrible argument for the album being good. dre is supposed to be a PRODUCER, not a beat maker and lets face it, more than half of this album is unlistenable due to eminem fucking it up. that seems to be the concensus too.

will relapse 2 be encore part 3? i wouldn't bet against it.

and that 'same song and dance' track is really terrible, a bad look for dawaun parker.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:03:25 AM by Matty »