Author Topic: It's Official. Alfamega booted from Grand Hustle.  (Read 776 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: It's Official. Alfamega booted from Grand Hustle.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
LOL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »
WOW. I am saddened at the news of this. From my understanding, T.I. and Alfa Mega have known each other for a long time, and grew up together in the streets of Atlanta. T.I. owes him more than dropping him for this kind of logic used.

Sounds like Alfamega is the one that owes TI something.

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
WOW. I am saddened at the news of this. From my understanding, T.I. and Alfa Mega have known each other for a long time, and grew up together in the streets of Atlanta. T.I. owes him more than dropping him for this kind of logic used.

Sounds like Alfamega is the one that owes TI something.
sad sad world.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

Really TI letting him go was a no brainer. If he is really serious about running a legit label, ya can't have a DEA informant on the roster. He and the whole label would get dissed and clowned from now until the end of time. No different than Obama going to that church with that racist piece of shit Rev. Wright. (Sorry if u aint bout unity, I can't fuck with it) If he would have stuck by him and supported him, it would not only look like he shares his ideas, he would also not be the US President. And he knew that, that is why he did it. And that is why TI did the same with Alfa.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »
^that's so true. I just feel like it was as u said, a removal so there "image" isn't hurt, and this is not just music, a long time personal friend of T.I. and I just can't help but think Alfa deserves more.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
His career in the game is pretty much a done deal

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »

I don't know.  It seems like rappers can find their way out of anything, these days.  I guess being in the position that he's in, he's probably fucked because he's not mainstream but if he was doing triple-platinum, his career could survive it.

The music industry is way different, these days. Milli Vanilli could have bounced back and gone double-platinum if they came out in 2006. Look at that Ashlee Simpson situation. It's all in how you spin the publicity. It ain't even about the music so much as it is the level of fame that the artist has.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »

I don't know.  It seems like rappers can find their way out of anything, these days.  I guess being in the position that he's in, he's probably fucked because he's not mainstream but if he was doing triple-platinum, his career could survive it.

The music industry is way different, these days. Milli Vanilli could have bounced back and gone double-platinum if they came out in 2006. Look at that Ashlee Simpson situation. It's all in how you spin the publicity. It ain't even about the music so much as it is the level of fame that the artist has.

But most people know Alfa from TI and GH so being disassociated with them pretty much makes it a rap for him. I think in other genres of music that transition is easier but rap it is still so much about keeping it real and no snitching so once you get that label on you it is hard to be taken seriously again.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 01:22:15 AM »
But most people know Alfa from TI and GH so being disassociated with them pretty much makes it a rap for him. I think in other genres of music that transition is easier but rap it is still so much about keeping it real and no snitching so once you get that label on you it is hard to be taken seriously again.
Yeah, it will more than likely be over for him but like I said, it's the level of fame. Diddy pretty much left Shyne out to dry and is still a star. Wayne kissed his man on the lips. You got the Rick Ross C.O. thing. It's all in what your position is. This dude is obviously more of a crew cat so you disassociate him from the group and it's game over but if Tip stood by him, he could still be relevant. It's not so much about him being a DEA informant as it is about him not being connected to something anymore. Now, if TI kept him on the label, his image would take a beating and he'd be open target in hip-hop circles but I think his career could survive it. This isn't a personal endorsement of this dude's actions but more a theory on how it would be accepted in popular culture. Talented artists with good enough P.R. can survive just about anything. There are some exceptions though.

eNgIeS

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 02:09:14 AM »
See, we told you T.I. ain't snitch!

ABN

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 06:30:48 AM »
i think everybody saw this coming but that donīt mean i respect T.I. for announcing it on the radio. he shouldīve filmed him sayin it to Megaīs face and then put it on youtube. coz i can guarantee yīall that T.I. wouldnīt have the balls to say that shit to his face and thatīs what a real man is supposed to do. i donīt think his career would be over if he was a bubblegum rapper but his whole image is that heīs a hardcore gangster thatīs been locked up for more then 10 years. and thatīs out the window now that itīs official that he told on someone,

Jaydc555

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 07:57:57 AM »
Rick Ross should sign him

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 09:00:24 AM »
Yeah, it will more than likely be over for him but like I said, it's the level of fame. Diddy pretty much left Shyne out to dry and is still a star. Wayne kissed his man on the lips. You got the Rick Ross C.O. thing. It's all in what your position is. This dude is obviously more of a crew cat so you disassociate him from the group and it's game over but if Tip stood by him, he could still be relevant. It's not so much about him being a DEA informant as it is about him not being connected to something anymore. Now, if TI kept him on the label, his image would take a beating and he'd be open target in hip-hop circles but I think his career could survive it. This isn't a personal endorsement of this dude's actions but more a theory on how it would be accepted in popular culture. Talented artists with good enough P.R. can survive just about anything. There are some exceptions though.

Nice post, I enjoy talking music with you fam.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »
i think everybody saw this coming but that donīt mean i respect T.I. for announcing it on the radio. he shouldīve filmed him sayin it to Megaīs face and then put it on youtube. coz i can guarantee yīall that T.I. wouldnīt have the balls to say that shit to his face and thatīs what a real man is supposed to do. i donīt think his career would be over if he was a bubblegum rapper but his whole image is that heīs a hardcore gangster thatīs been locked up for more then 10 years. and thatīs out the window now that itīs official that he told on someone,

That would never happen with anybody.  That's mad disrespectful if u on some shit like that.  But i'm wit TI tho

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 07:57:30 AM »
Its a shame because i like Alfamega and what interviews ive read with him he seemed pretty humble and down to earth.

Him being a informant is not really the problem nor is ross being a C.O the problem comes into play when they try to portray this image of super gangster.

The differance with Alfa and Ross is, is that Alfa has been locked up for 7 odd years and we have pretty much seen him in action i.e the shorty lo fight. Were as the only documented factual evidance of Ross's past is the fact he was a c.o. (i.e pictures, documents etc)
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame