Author Topic: Proof organized religion is retarded - Exhibit A  (Read 1127 times)

Sikotic™

Proof organized religion is retarded - Exhibit A
« on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
FINDLAY, Ohio – A student at a fundamentalist Baptist school that forbids dancing, rock music, hand-holding and kissing will be suspended if he takes his girlfriend to her public high school prom, his principal said.

Despite the warning, 17-year-old Tyler Frost, who has never been to a dance before, said he plans to attend Findlay High School's prom Saturday.

Frost, a senior at Heritage Christian School in northwest Ohio, agreed to the school's rules when he signed a statement of cooperation at the beginning of the year, principal Tim England said.

The teen, who is scheduled to receive his diploma May 24, would be suspended from classes and receive an "incomplete" on remaining assignments, England said. Frost also would not be permitted to attend graduation but would get a diploma once he completes final exams. If Frost is involved with alcohol or sex at the prom, he will be expelled, England said.

Frost's stepfather Stephan Johnson said the school's rules should not apply outside the classroom.

"He deserves to wear that cap and gown," Johnson said.

Frost said he thought he had handled the situation properly. Findlay requires students from other schools attending the prom to get a signature from their principal, which Frost did.

"I expected a short lecture about making the right decisions and not doing something stupid," Frost said. "I thought I would get his signature and that would be the end."

England acknowledged signing the form but warned Frost there would be consequences if he attended the dance. England then took the issue to a school committee made up of church members, who decided to threaten Frost with suspension.

"In life, we constantly make decisions whether we are going to please self or please God. (Frost) chose one path, and the school committee chose the other," England said.

The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

England said Frost's family should not be surprised by the school's position.

"For the parents to claim any injustice regarding this issue is at best forgetful and at worst disingenuous," he said. "It is our hope that the student and his parents will abide by the policies they have already agreed to."

The principal at Findlay High School, whose graduates include Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, said he respects, but does not agree with, Heritage Christian School's view of prom.

"I don't see (dancing and rock music) as immoral acts," Craig Kupferberg said.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

Re: Proof organized religion is retarded - Exhibit A
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »
This is why so many people who attend private Christian schooling end up strung out on drugs and fucked up in the end - I would know, I attended one in Jr. High by force. Anyways, they do everything to repress you as an individual - you clothing, type of movies you watch, music you listen to and all other activities including dancing and generally having a good time all together.

Then they attempt to brainwash you and fill you with hatred for gays, liberals, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists and any other group/lifestyle that they disagree with.

I personally find it funny that the private Jr. High I attended had more drug activity, sex, racism and violence despite their stance on those issue - AND PARENTS ARE PAYING FOR THIS SHIT. The problem was never nearly as bad in any public school I attended.

Prom is, was and always will be overrated, but the fucking guy should be allowed to go anyways. Going to a Prom does not mean you will snort a line of coke or go fuck your date in the bathroom after dancing with her and get her pregnant (I fuckin wish that happened during my prom). BTW I was told those things would happen to me when my 7th grade class wanted a dance event.

Anyways: this is just one example of why organized religion is stupid and retarded. Private Christian schools are given these prestigious and great reputations when they really only breed, lies, hatred, repression and eventually lead to leaving many of their victims awkward in society and at an disadvantage.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kool Beenz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:19:25 PM »
i wouldnt go as far as to say that organized religion is retarded

but religion based schools are

Jaydc555

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:31:40 AM »
I however will go as far as saying organized religon is retarded.With it you end up believing in a system of man made dictations instead of a higher being.Instead of worshiping god you end up worshiping the hierarchy.Everything about religon is just downright silly.Do this on that day,do this on this day.Its nothing but mind control to keep people in place,in system.Something that's beaten into every single living persons brain since birth.Religon is just one aspect of the problems in our society.We aren't raised as individuals,we are raised to believe in a Society.So that we stay structured and never leave our "place."Its why the world has always been controlled by the few.We could easily share our wealth in this world.Everyone could be equal,we could evolve.But it won't happen because people are sheep.The same reason 10 people can control 10 million is the same reason music that is garbage can be sold to millions.I remember when fight club came out the people that made the movie truely believe the movie would change the way we think.Its just too big of a concept for most to even grasp.To question why instead of just conforming.We sold ourselves out for designer clothing and cell phones.We are a failure as a species.

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:33:40 AM »
We are stuck in our history and for that we will never move forward.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »
^ On point.

As Lenin said, "Religion is the opium of the masses".

Stay getting high, motherfuckers!

THA SAUCE HOUSE

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »
real talk +1 to both of you  ;)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »
this shit makes me sick to my stomach

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »
They sent their kid to that school in the first place, honestly what did they expect?

Lol isn't this illegal though? I'm pretty sure a school isn't allowed to punish you for extra curricular activities, as long as they aren't illegal.

RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »
I however will go as far as saying organized religon is retarded.With it you end up believing in a system of man made dictations instead of a higher being.Instead of worshiping god you end up worshiping the hierarchy.Everything about religon is just downright silly.Do this on that day,do this on this day.Its nothing but mind control to keep people in place,in system.Something that's beaten into every single living persons brain since birth.Religon is just one aspect of the problems in our society.We aren't raised as individuals,we are raised to believe in a Society.So that we stay structured and never leave our "place."Its why the world has always been controlled by the few.We could easily share our wealth in this world.Everyone could be equal,we could evolve.But it won't happen because people are sheep.The same reason 10 people can control 10 million is the same reason music that is garbage can be sold to millions.I remember when fight club came out the people that made the movie truely believe the movie would change the way we think.Its just too big of a concept for most to even grasp.To question why instead of just conforming.We sold ourselves out for designer clothing and cell phones.We are a failure as a species.

WORD.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »
They sent their kid to that school in the first place, honestly what did they expect?

Lol isn't this illegal though? I'm pretty sure a school isn't allowed to punish you for extra curricular activities, as long as they aren't illegal.
They sent their kid there to get a quality education which is not necessarily offered by the public school system. They didn't sign up for the school to try to control their kid's life.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »

They sent their kid there to get a quality education which is not necessarily offered by the public school system. They didn't sign up for the school to try to control their kid's life.

Then why the fuck did they send their kid there and not a regular school?

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 01:09:02 AM »

Then why the fuck did they send their kid there and not a regular school?

They sent their kid there to get a quality education which is not necessarily offered by the public school system.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 12:30:13 AM »
researching all the info ive learned in the TOT section from the day i signed on here really made me question my faith for a couple of years.

most of my friends are christian with an exception of one or two and even their heavily influenced by christianity and dont doubt that there is a higher being.

but the thing that caught my eye the most was the use of religion by people in power throughout history, which made me really believe its just all propaganda

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Cali Climate

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »
All concepts of God are man made, for the use of power, that should tell us something right there. If you practice religion honestly, your life is a lie.