Author Topic: Proof organized religion is retarded - Exhibit A  (Read 1124 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Proof organized religion is retarded - Exhibit A
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »
Oh yeah? You'll regret that when you go to the very bad place after you die that no one has ever seen!

Christianity is genius! lol

If youre a sinner, you go to hell. The only way to avoid hell is to turn your life over to Christ. But heres the catch...according to Christianity we're all born sinners!! Yeahhh!!

Muahahahaha!! Beware...there is no escaping the bullshit!! Facts, logic, or truth cannot protect you! 

I give them their props though. 2,000 years ago that was some revolutionary shit when it came to manipulation and mind control. The Catholic Church is still one of the most powerful organizations EVER just based on how good they were at fuckin with people.

But it's 2009 people.......it's like a 45 year old man still believing in Santa Claus at this point in the game lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »
Oh yeah? You'll regret that when you go to the very bad place after you die that no one has ever seen!

If youre a sinner, you go to hell. The only way to avoid hell is to turn your life over to Christ. But heres the catch...according to Christianity we're all born sinners!! Yeahhh!!

Muahahahaha!! Beware...there is no escaping the bullshit!! Facts, logic, or truth cannot protect you! 

I give them their props though. 2,000 years ago that was some revolutionary shit when it came to manipulation and mind control. The Catholic Church is still one of the most powerful organizations EVER just based on how good they were at fuckin with people.

But it's 2009 people.......it's like a 45 year old man still believing in Santa Claus at this point in the game lol.

at least Santa brought presents....whats this Jesus guy ever done? lol

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »

So why do you hate on religion anyways? I understand hating on the super-zealous people who run their mouths off and try to convert you, but most people aren't like that. Its not like them believing in god is hurting you. What do you have against their beliefs? It really isn't any less valid then your own if you think about it. Science still hasn't been able to show how the universe was created.

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 12:49:16 PM »

So why do you hate on religion anyways? I understand hating on the super-zealous people who run their mouths off and try to convert you, but most people aren't like that. Its not like them believing in god is hurting you. What do you have against their beliefs? It really isn't any less valid then your own if you think about it. Science still hasn't been able to show how the universe was created.
There you go with your assumptions.

1) I do not HATE religion. What is religion? A belief in a higher power, right? I believe there is a possibility that a higher power exists. So that would make me religious. Now, I don't need a bunch of bullshit rituals, a man in a goofy costume telling me he is tight with God so I should give him money or chant a bunch of retarded shit to make my belief more concrete. However, organized religion requires you to do these things as well as manipulate people for their ultimate gain. Read a history book and you can see this time and time again. I STRONGLY DISLIKE organized religion, yes. You can believe your Lord and Savior is a Chihuahua for all I care, but you don't need a big ass book or traditions to reinforce them.

2) I never ever said said anything about science so you're putting words in my mouth again. Although science does have a lot of evidence (that's the E word to most followers of organized religions because to them faith > evidence) to support their theory about how the world got its start, there are way too many holes in those theories to validate them. Personally, I don't give a fuck how the world got here.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »

There you go with your assumptions.

1) I do not HATE religion. What is religion? A belief in a higher power, right? I believe there is a possibility that a higher power exists. So that would make me religious. Now, I don't need a bunch of bullshit rituals, a man in a goofy costume telling me he is tight with God so I should give him money or chant a bunch of retarded shit to make my belief more concrete. However, organized religion requires you to do these things as well as manipulate people for their ultimate gain. Read a history book and you can see this time and time again. I STRONGLY DISLIKE organized religion, yes. You can believe your Lord and Savior is a Chihuahua for all I care, but you don't need a big ass book or traditions to reinforce them.

2) I never ever said said anything about science so you're putting words in my mouth again. Although science does have a lot of evidence (that's the E word to most followers of organized religions because to them faith > evidence) to support their theory about how the world got its start, there are way too many holes in those theories to validate them. Personally, I don't give a fuck how the world got here.

What I hate is the way people become absolutely brainwashed by religion. Its sickening.  People who really follow their faith, believe in it SO strongly that they are unable to even suggest that it may not be correct.  They are like blind sheep.  Organized religion is bad, and I dont like it either. At its best, it creates animosity amongst people.  It teaches its followerers to judge others, and to even hate those who dont believe the way you do.  Science may have holes in their theories as to how the world got here, but it also allows people to say "we're not sure". Fact of the matter is, no one is sure. Only religion pretends to know.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
My bad. Based on this post I assumed you were an atheist.

Either way you just rot in the ground
You nailed it on the head right there.

You can believe that a unicorn is gonna take you to heaven and do the macarena, but at the end of the day we all end up in the same place: in the ground......or on the side of the New Jersey turnpike.

And atheists dont' believe in a god because of the lack of real evidence. Which is what science is based on. That's why I assumed you believed in science.

Religion isn't just a belief in a higher power. That's called spirituality. Religion is an organized form of spirituality. Which is what we are talking about. And isn't the whole concept of spirituality that there is more to life than this physical world? The existence of the soul and such? Life after death?

Anyway now I'm really interested in what your beliefs are. You don't believe we go anywhere after we die, you don't care how the universe was created, but yet you believe (or possibly believe) in a higher power. If you don't mind my asking, why? Why not just be an atheist? People who believe in a higher power usually believe in there being a spiritual existence as well.

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 10:26:08 PM »
I see what you're saying about the spirituality aspect. I guess I overlooked that aspect since personally I'm really not all that spiritual.

Well just because I believe in the possibility of a higher power does not mean I believe he/she/it actually gives a shit about us. And if he/she/it does then they're not doing a very good job at it.

And why do I think a higher power may be out there? There's no evidence for it or against it. Honestly, there's no evidence at all that there's a higher power. The only reason I give that idea some sort of validity is because of the holes in scientific theories like the Big Bang and Natural Selection. I also think some things will never be explained either due to our inability to understand as human beings or because of the possibility of some kind of outside force we may or may not be aware of (i.e. a higher power).

I'm just real with it. One thing I am almost certain about is this higher power is not even close to the gods that man have envisioned throughout our existence. Daygo said it best (as much as I hate to admit he's right about anything):
Science may have holes in their theories as to how the world got here, but it also allows people to say "we're not sure". Fact of the matter is, no one is sure. Only religion pretends to know.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
Daygo said it best (as much as I hate to admit he's right about anything):

oh u love it...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
I see what you're saying about the spirituality aspect. I guess I overlooked that aspect since personally I'm really not all that spiritual.

Well just because I believe in the possibility of a higher power does not mean I believe he/she/it actually gives a shit about us. And if he/she/it does then they're not doing a very good job at it.

And why do I think a higher power may be out there? There's no evidence for it or against it. Honestly, there's no evidence at all that there's a higher power. The only reason I give that idea some sort of validity is because of the holes in scientific theories like the Big Bang and Natural Selection. I also think some things will never be explained either due to our inability to understand as human beings or because of the possibility of some kind of outside force we may or may not be aware of (i.e. a higher power).

I'm just real with it. One thing I am almost certain about is this higher power is not even close to the gods that man have envisioned throughout our existence. Daygo said it best (as much as I hate to admit he's right about anything):
Science may have holes in their theories as to how the world got here, but it also allows people to say "we're not sure". Fact of the matter is, no one is sure. Only religion pretends to know.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I don't pretend to know the answers.