Author Topic: Should Snoop retire?  (Read 1274 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: SHOULD SNOOP RETIRE?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
Snoop should go out on his own terms. If he wants to continue to make music, do so. Ego Trippin yeah I really could not get into it but BCT was and still is the shit. Snoop is in a position in his career where he can try new things and finally make the music that he wants to make, whether the people like it or not. I got a feeling this Malice In Wonderland is going to be a good album.

Blasphemy

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »
After The Dogg Father I tuned out of him, got mad respect he made that and Doggystyle  8) I think Snoop Should start helping other artist get notice.Protege type deal.Not sure about production (Can snoop produce?) but ya be nice to see who he picks.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »
HE SHOULDVE RETIRED 10 YEARS AGO LOL

True. Once he did a corny love song with Mariah Carey bout 9 years ago I knew it was over.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »
HE SHOULDVE RETIRED 10 YEARS AGO LOL

True. Once he did a corny love song with Mariah Carey bout 9 years ago I knew it was over.

he did the "Jimmy Bones" song with MC Ren and everything after that has been garbage

"The Shaggy Show" may have been his last great song
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MediumL

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »
if snoop had retired 10yrs ago wed be missing a hell of a lot of classic tunes he's made since then. For a mainstream artist Snoop dropped a dope album in TBCT. There's alot of unnecessary hate for him here (most from fan boys of rappers that aint dropped an album) when Snoops done a hella of a lot to keep the west coast getting a little recognition in the last 10yrs.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
I dont realy think that he should retire yet, blue carpet treatment was a solid album with alot off different producers on. Snoop its whats making hiphop interesting, he is not afraid off chancing things up make different albums.. The problem with hiphop general is thats its all the same, all hiphoppers is rapping about the same things.. Then once every 2 years we get dope artist like lupe fiasco..

I dont see why he should retire go to amazon his albums are still selling.

Malice in wonderland are probally gonna be interesting and something different like everything else he have realeased.

- he got the worlds best promotion with mtv that reach out to almost every country inn the world

- he got producers like DR dre, dj quik, teddy riley, terrance martin, backing him up.

but if Malice in wonderland should be a success he sould get a smaller tracklist and less fillers

Mista Rosa

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 10:00:15 AM »
he should do another 213 album the old fashionned way ya dig? get back to tha basics..
and maybe retire after cause that's what it is snoop is just getting soft
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »

"The Shaggy Show" may have been his last great song
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 10:06:18 AM »
well i don't knock him for "having fun", but when looking at the quality of the music he puts out, i'd say it's time to retire as a solo act.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
lyrically he fell off ever since he left deathrow...

i mean if u compare somethin like say snoops upside ya head(doggystyle) to sexual seduction then u should understand wat i mean! hahahah

Sexual Seduction was not a Hip-Hop song, so comparing that to Snoops upside ya head is illogical....

Snoop has crossed genres, quit hating on the man.....

If you're going to down talk Snoop, at least do it for a legit reason...... like the fact that he's putting his thumb on up & comming west coast artists, and how he's gearing up to put out an entire album and plans on not writing any of it....

but you guys are hating just because you need someone to hate on....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Jaydc555

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »
Hey I'm sure somewhere theirs a bunch of ll cool j fans that still feel he's got it.But for the rest of the world who aren't stans...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
Fuck Snoop retiring, Snoop is a classic all around.  He's the WestCoast Jay Z but he's Snoop and he's better.  I've never heard anybody say Snoop is wack or lyrically Snoop is on some wack shit besides the FEW on here.  Doggy Dogg all day.  You can play every Snoop album (besides PDCTBTB in my eyes) and snap your neck in 7 different places by the end of tha day.  But whatever, if u think Snoop fell off then he fell off, just know y'all r the minorities on this shit.

Jaydc555

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »
You should change your name to radiotube da retard

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:32 AM »
Fuck Snoop retiring, Snoop is a classic all around.  He's the WestCoast Jay Z but he's Snoop and he's better.  I've never heard anybody say Snoop is wack or lyrically Snoop is on some wack shit besides the FEW on here.  Doggy Dogg all day.  You can play every Snoop album (besides PDCTBTB in my eyes) and snap your neck in 7 different places by the end of tha day.  But whatever, if u think Snoop fell off then he fell off, just know y'all r the minorities on this shit.

lol at Emotube

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »
oh shit, they stalkin me again.  and they together.....again   :o

i must admit tho, y'all r very charming.... no lie.  y'all fucks make me feel like i have control over your minds.  lol it's great!  no bullshit  :D