Author Topic: Shouldn't Relapse "Bagpipes From Baghdad" been about Iraq, and not Nick Cannon?  (Read 1159 times)

Sikotic™

i agree, this song has everything, its a banger, eminem flow is great but wtf, talking about nick cannon and mariah and bagpipes from baghdad..LOL

exactly.  it also shows that dre's falling off also.  cause how did dre not make em re-do the track and so on.  the tracks is a banger but the content of the track makes no sense what so ever.  i wish em would go back to the pills and put good music out
At this point in the game, I don't think Dre can really tell Em what to or what not to rap about. His past record sales are proof.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eNgIeS

The verses support the chorus.
Chorus basically says Shady is a lunatic that'll say random shit for attention.
Verses demonstrate that through examples.

Additionally, the track serves as an example of Shady's general problem with having a stable relationship with women.  His frustrations take the form of hatred because he can't solve the problem facing him.  Think about it's placement between Lunatic and Hello.

exactly. People aren't using there brain & realizing the shit Eminem's spitting & the msg his trying to get accross. Not so much the words he says

Blasphemy

Bigpipes from Bagdad question.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 10:24:57 PM »
Anyone else think the west coast Sythns would be as good in its place???Just imagine it for a second 8) 8) 8)

JRiv

• 'G'
CAN ANYONE HOOK UP THE TRACK? I HAVEN'T HEARD IT ;D

Blasphemy

fuck nick cannon

i dont think that was the skit, but i remember he was yelling at his son & said that; i was DYING! :laugh:

i miss Dave. :-\

It was teh one where he was getting a call and his son was talking about nick how he was better lol so he says "FUCK NICK CANNON, LIKE I GIVE A FUCK" Lol Oh man, Fuck Comedy Central for ruining dave's conditions to get him back, but god damn I love how they gave him so much freedom. Ask a black Dude was the best thing I ever saw lol

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The verses support the chorus.
Chorus basically says Shady is a lunatic that'll say random shit for attention.
Verses demonstrate that through examples.

Additionally, the track serves as an example of Shady's general problem with having a stable relationship with women.  His frustrations take the form of hatred because he can't solve the problem facing him.  Think about it's placement between Lunatic and Hello.

Questions I have do you think this this is supposed to be funny as in silly?

I don't.  When I hear it, I pick up on some minor comedic elements but I think it's a mistake to assume this is supposed to be silly.

Well I understand what you saying.  You seem to have a good understanding of Eminem's music. 

But "Square Dance" for example was a comedy song as well.  I wasn't asking Eminem to write a song like Immortal Technique would write a song.  I was just wishing he would of done something like "Square Dance" where he threw in nearly a whole verse about Iraq and Bush's War On Terror.  "Square Dance" is one of the best songs Eminem ever did.  It's comedy, yet it was political, and Eminem didn't try to overstep his boundaries of knowledge either; he stayed in his lane and did what he does best.   

"Mosh" on the other hand is an example of Eminem digging to far into politics, in a style that doesn't really suit himl.  But sometimes Eminem can come political on a track and it works out great, such as on tracks like "Square Dance", "White America" and "We As Americuns". 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:32:10 AM by Prescribed By Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
When I saw the title I thought it was going to be his views about the Iraq and the US intervention in the vein of Mosh but not as slow paced.  At least, that's easily interpreted from the title. Bagpipes are popularly know for being used by the Scotts, usually in relation to funerals.   But, after hearing the tracks Em's just using it as an example of non-normal, crazy, lunacy -whatever the hell you want to call it.  Bagpipes aren't popular in Baghdad.  When one thinks of either the opposing image isn't conjured.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah a waste of great work but damn this is bangin, FUCKIN BANGER
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc555

Bangers and mash up in that ass....bitch

WestCoastPrince 24

• Lil Geezy
in iraq when someone dies they play the bagpipes!!! thats why he called it bagpipes from baghdad cause he murdered mariah a nickky, dumbasses!  >:(

Jome

I thought he used Nick Cannon as an metaphor for the situation in Iraq..  :D
But anyways, it's about time someone finally made a song about Nick Cannon, I'm sure he's happy about being upgraded from D-celeb to C-celeb.

Moe

But anyways, it's about time someone finally made a song about Nick Cannon, I'm sure he's happy about being upgraded from D-celeb to C-celeb.

im sure he doesnt care.

Elano

im sure he doesnt care.
you are sure ?

OchoCinco

hey is same old song and dance about him fantasizing about kidnapping Britney Spears and Lindsy Lohan then killing them?. I was listening to that song when i was on my way home tonight n was like wtf is this shit.

westside159

Relapse is definately one of his best albums he put out , from top to bottom its dope !!!  Relapse = Da Bomb shit 8) 8)