Author Topic: New In Depth D.O.C. Interview (talks Detox, solo album, more)  (Read 1073 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: New In Depth D.O.C. Interview (talks Detox, solo album, more)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 01:49:45 AM »
that's a great interview, some different things were asked for a change :)

Why did you decide to do the surgery now? I heard a rumor about 3 years ago Jerry Heller was in a interview saying that the surgery could have been done a long time ago but for whatever reason it did not happen. Why did you decide to do it now?

You know what I wish Jerry Heller would have come to me and told me that but I just think Jerry Heller is full of shit. But it was a possibility that it could have been done a long time ago. Because to be honest with you it never crossed my mind to look and see. I had gotten so used to my situation, I just decided for the most part to deal with it. It took a long time to fight through the depression behind it, but I had got to a point where I felt like I could just deal with it. I make great money writing and producing with people that I love and care about, but for these last couple of years Dre had been really brown beating me about going and checking this thing out (surgery). Dre can be pretty aggressive about stuff when he wants it. I got tired of hearing him talk about it but what really sparked it is one morning I was having a conversation with Snoop and he challenged me to do it.
yeah Jerry Heller was full of shit, yet you were living wild & didn't go to the Doctor's appointment  :laugh: who did you have in your ears  :laugh:
not to mention that Eazy-E & Jerry Heller encouraged DOC to continue with rapping after the accident.
don't bite the hand that feeds you

But he has got a record coming out on Aftermath and he is probably the best young MC I have heard in YEARS.
LOL!!!!! what did that nurse say? brain damage!  ;D

also, if it's true that Slim's album is really coming out, then why is it so quiet around him?
interscope doesn't give a fuck.
so what will happen next? will DOC piss Dre off again, by leaving with the album & bootleg it, like he did with Six 2?

Do you have a wish list of rappers or anyone that you would like to work with or is this just something that you want to do just by yourself?

I told you I am not sharing nothing. I will probably be the only voice on that fucking record. Then again no one ever knows, maybe it will be a double album. 12 songs just me and 12 songs all with other people. I got alot to say and I would love to work with some of these other guys out here. There is no need to make a wish list because who would not want to rap with me when I get my voice back?

Definitely

Who would not want to make a fucking song with me? Come on let's keep it fucking real (laughs)
well, let's start with the people that you ripped off: they don't want to work with you anymore.
which is really a shame, cause if you weren't such a snake, we would have seen some more dope collaborations.

But now that I get my voice back, or I am getting a voice back, I don't think I am going to NEED anyone to be rapping on my own shit (laughs).
you don't need surgery to perform: all it takes is confidence.
anyway, why is he still talking about "planning to do surgery"? what is he waiting for then?
the VH1 show talk is just speculation right now

I wanted to do a quick word association with you. Just going to throw a artist or group's name out and you just say the first thing that comes to your mind.

Erotic D

Bitch nigga
lol at callling him out: i didn't think he had the guts to do it actually.
perhaps he's pissed about the fact that Erotic D, Six 2 & El-Dog exposed him  :laugh:
but i don't think he has the right to call Erotic D out, after everything he's done for the D.O.C.

still, i'd like to hear his side of the story, so hopefully someone will ask about it one day

I snuffed out all the egotistical thoughts and came back to the west coast to end this the right way.
you didn't end it

*waits for Dre-Day* 8)

And Chad, where yall at?
lol, i understand that you guys were expecting me + think i would like this article  ;) also it's cool that you guys are interested in my input  :sun:
but you know, like anyone else, i sleep at night  :laugh:

2euce 7even

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 03:04:05 AM »
Masturbating to the production credits on relapse

hahaha...esp. dre-day...chad is cool tho.

tempo2

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 03:37:46 AM »
tight, props

Okka

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 06:31:56 AM »
Dope interview, i think this should have been posted in the West Coast section.

What's up with The D.O.C. dissin Erotic D? And Dre-Day what you mean about Erotic D, Six 2 & El-Dog exposin him?

Masturbating to the production credits on relapse

Hahahahahh.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:34:36 AM by Okka »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 07:27:17 AM »
My bad yall, did not know if it would get moved to outbound or not.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »
My bad yall, did not know if it would get moved to outbound or not.
you can move your own topic  ;)

Dope interview, i think this should have been posted in the West Coast section.

What's up with The D.O.C. dissin Erotic D? And Dre-Day what you mean about Erotic D, Six 2 & El-Dog exposin him?

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part1/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part2/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part3/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/six2/

http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2008/july/erotic_d-payback-(dubcnn).mp3 (the D.O.C. Diss, featuring El-Dog)

;)

hahaha...esp. dre-day...chad is cool tho.
ehm, i don't think it's smart to laugh at me, when you posted this:

I am also an emotional person, sensitive person.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=164560.0

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:30:54 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part1/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part2/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part3/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/six2/

http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2008/july/erotic_d-payback-(dubcnn).mp3 (the D.O.C. Diss, featuring El-Dog) ;)

You wanna just tell me a quick breakdown of why they beefin? :D

about money & opportunities that were ruined by the D.O.C.

Erotic D feels that he hasn't been fairly compensated for his work on Helter Skelter.
also, D.O.C. had a deal with aftermath, and they were all working on a compilation, that later turned into a Six 2 album.
D.O.C. got into an argument with Dre, then left with the songs, put his name on it & put it out himself ( speaking of a bitch move).

by the way, Erotic D told me via myspace, that DOC & him were planning to do a followup to Helter Skelter, called Beyond 2000, after Helter was released.
it was going to be released through Warner, but according to Erotic D, due to D.O.C. they lost the deal.

i don't know D.O.C.'s side of the story, so i might contact him sometime

Okka

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 01:04:05 PM »

Erotic D feels that he hasn't been fairly compensated for his work on Helter Skelter.
also, D.O.C. had a deal with aftermath, and they were all working on a compilation, that later turned into a Six 2 album.
D.O.C. got into an argument with Dre, then left with the songs, put his name on it & put it out himself (speaking of a bitch move).

The "Deuce" album?

I'd like to hear what he has to say about this. Isn't Erotic D is prison right now?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 01:15:06 PM »

D.O.C. got into an argument with Dre, then left with the songs, put his name on it & put it out himself (speaking of a bitch move).

The "Deuce" album?
yep; i really encourage you to check out the interviews though, as it's very interesting IMO

I'd like to hear what he has to say about this. Isn't Erotic D is prison right now?
yeah he went to jail last year.
Chad aka Noncentz & Jonathan interviewed him there; not sure when it drops

Chad Vader

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 06:25:42 AM »
*waits for Dre-Day* 8)

And Chad, where yall at?

Been buzy.... will check this later.  ;)

Who's this Haze dude?

Maybe
Earl Hayes?....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:24:14 PM by Chad Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »
No problem. So what have you been up to lately? What have you been working on music wise other than Detox?

No man we are all putting our..., you know when the good Doctor goes to bat, we all drop everything else we are doing. Of course you know it is all music so I am always working on something. But Detox is really what is getting all of my energy.

this is not true: Dre put this on hold and moved on to Relapse & Relapse 2.

it's funny how many times DOC has a problem with telling the truth

Big B

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 07:10:07 PM »
is doc alive?

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 10:58:37 PM »
great interview... i luv his interviews... not a just one sentence type of dude...