Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9946 times)

JohnnyL

Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »
the other thing about Say Hi To The Bad Guy, was that it was going to have other features on it besides people on Death Row. Scarface, Treach, Nas, and Jadakiss were featured on tracks. "Bitch" w/Too Short and "Who Wants To Fuck Tonight" w/Ja Rule were supposed to be on Say Hi To the Bad Guy.

By the way, after listening to some of these tracks that are leaking, no one has mentioned that Ray J killed all of the tracks he was on. I wonder if he recorded an album's worth of material while he was rolling with them.

I agree.  I was actually surprised by how good Ray J made some of these songs sound.  I also didn't realize he had recorded material for this many tracks while he was with Tha Row.  Especially since I'm not sure he was even officially signed with the label.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »
I downloaded it but it says the ZIP file is corrupt and it won't extract  :-\

anybody got another link? props to GB though for the hook up

Check your PM.

JohnnyL

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
Here are the tracks that (I'm pretty sure) were meant for "Untouchable" or in that time frame:

House Party
Middle Finger Music
I Love the ghetto to death
Bang on em
Crook Show
G'd Up and Banged out
Dollaz in my hand
Jack 101
Gangstaology
So Damn Hood (OG)

I remember there being an article on Death Row's site way back promoting "Untouchable" that had other tracks mentioned (including a couple produced by Daz)

I'm thinking that you're almost certainly right about every track you mentioned except "House Party" and "So Damn Hood (OG)."  And you might be right about them too, but I'm not as sure.  It could be that "So Damn Hood (OG)" was at one time intended to be included on "Untouchable."  I'm thinking though that by the time they decided to scrap the "Untouchable" album in favor of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," and then had Daren Vegas remix it, that the OG version probably would have just remained unreleased.  But you never know.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2009, 12:58:21 PM »
Major props to Gangsta Boogy! Album is fuckin dope! Cant belive it finnally came out...Cant wait to give it a proper spin in my car with a system 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
anyone got track 14 gangsta rap og? dot want to burn it to cd til all the tracks are on it lol me and my dogg is dope btw and so damn hood sounds so much better with this version of the beat, much more bass

I didn't waste my time downloading that one. Its just the radio version of the one from DPG 2002.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »
By the way, after listening to some of these tracks that are leaking, no one has mentioned that Ray J killed all of the tracks he was on. I wonder if he recorded an album's worth of material while he was rolling with them.

I been sayin it for years - Ray J is dope as fuck! Especially when he's doin collabos with West Coast artist so he can be himself. Check out "Play Too Much" by B-Legit featuring Ray J.

But yeah, his features on "Suge's West Coast", "House Party", and "Me & My Dogg" are amazing.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

JohnnyL

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »
anyone got track 14 gangsta rap og? dot want to burn it to cd til all the tracks are on it lol me and my dogg is dope btw and so damn hood sounds so much better with this version of the beat, much more bass

I didn't waste my time downloading that one. Its just the radio version of the one from DPG 2002.

No it's not.  It's yet another version.  Edited 2002 version is basically a clean version with a new Crooked I verse.  "FTP SHTTBG" version is basically the "TG4R" version, only with Daz and Kurupt instead of Treach and Scarface.  Early on, some one assumed it would be the same version as the edited "DPG 2002," so that rumor got spread around.  But that's incorrect.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
Here are the tracks that (I'm pretty sure) were meant for "Untouchable" or in that time frame:

House Party
Middle Finger Music
Bang on em
Crook Show
G'd Up and Banged out
Dollaz in my hand
Jack 101
Gangstaology
So Damn Hood (OG)

I remember there being an article on Death Row's site way back promoting "Untouchable" that had other tracks mentioned (including a couple produced by Daz)

I'm thinking that you're almost certainly right about every track you mentioned except "House Party" and "So Damn Hood (OG)."  And you might be right about them too, but I'm not as sure.  It could be that "So Damn Hood (OG)" was at one time intended to be included on "Untouchable."  I'm thinking though that by the time they decided to scrap the "Untouchable" album in favor of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," and then had Daren Vegas remix it, that the OG version probably would have just remained unreleased.  But you never know.

I've said this before, but the new Death Row owners oughta compile the leftover tracks into a Lost Tapes format. They could have like a Lost Tapes series for each artist that has at least a full album worth of material that didn't make their own official albums. Dr. Dre, Snoop, DPG, Crooked, etc.

JohnnyL

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »

House Party
Middle Finger Music
Bang on em
Crook Show
G'd Up and Banged out
Dollaz in my hand
Jack 101
Gangstaology
So Damn Hood (OG)

I've said this before, but the new Death Row owners oughta compile the leftover tracks into a Lost Tapes format. They could have like a Lost Tapes series for each artist that has at least a full album worth of material that didn't make their own official albums. Dr. Dre, Snoop, DPG, Crooked, etc.

I think that's a great idea.  Hopefully they're thinking of doing something like this.

Jaydc555

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 02:40:03 PM »
Can comeone PM me as well with the album?

EFFeX

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »
im confused is this worth listining too, and is this really say hi to the bad guy?!?!?

I don't think so, sounds like the tracks was just thrown together. Maybe Crooked I will hear about this leak and speak on it.

Crooked I and Treacherous are well aware of the situation.

By the way, yes, some of these were meant for the album and others were not. This is a compilation and that point needs to be made clear.

This is NOT Crooked I's debut project and shouldn't be marketed that way.

EFFeX

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

That's not true.

Okka

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »

By the way, yes, some of these were meant for the album and others were not. This is a compilation and that point needs to be made clear.

I knew it. I really hope that "Untouchable" albums gets released or leaks someday.

EFFeX

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2009, 02:48:03 PM »

I knew it. I really hope that "Untouchable" albums gets released or leaks someday.

I just wanted people to know that, because honestly, to market this as Crooked's debut project could actually do a lot of damage if you think about it.

Yeah, I want Untouchable too, but the REAL Untouchable, not a compilation.

EFFeX

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »

House Party
Middle Finger Music
Bang on em
Crook Show
G'd Up and Banged out
Dollaz in my hand
Jack 101
Gangstaology
So Damn Hood (OG)

You can add...

Dollaz In My Hand
Raw Dawgs
Untouchable "featuring" 2 Pac