Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9740 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
After listening to alot of these tracks, MAN SUGE DROPPED THE BALL. He had a dope roster, rappers and production team. Tha Row had a new sound, but it was still west coast to the fullest and other than a butchered Against The Grain and a soundtrack he did NOTHING with all that talent. >:(

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »
yeah suge fucked up big time
his production team and artist roster was dope, and he did nuthin worth while wit the talent he had and on top of that let pappa diddy pap take this coasts shine after them years wit this weak "talent" he found in yung joc, b5, and all that wack shit

After listening to alot of these tracks, MAN SUGE DROPPED THE BALL. He had a dope roster, rappers and production team. Tha Row had a new sound, but it was still west coast to the fullest and other than a butchered Against The Grain and a soundtrack he did NOTHING with all that talent. >:(
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
Crooked I and Treacherous are well aware of the situation.

By the way, yes, some of these were meant for the album and others were not. This is a compilation and that point needs to be made clear.

I knew it. I really hope that "Untouchable" albums gets released or leaks someday.

the real version
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »
yeah suge fucked up big time
his production team and artist roster was dope, and he did nuthin worth while wit the talent he had and on top of that let pappa diddy pap take this coasts shine after them years wit this weak "talent" he found in yung joc, b5, and all that wack shit

I will at least give Puff some credit, he did not stand around and do nothing. Although cookie cutter and trend happy as he operates, he has been able to keep that label afloat and still credible.

Suge on the other hand did nothing. I know this group of MCs would not have done numbers like Snoop or Pac or Dre, but they were building. The coast was looking for a label to step up and Tha Row had a perfect opportunity to do that. But for whatever reason Suge did nothing. I know the Feds was on him but he still could have still dropped quality albums like this one and made a mark.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »

Yeah, the 2nd generation Death Row sound still had it's own signature, but still West Coast-ish.

Crooked still works with Jim Gittum, doesn't he? IMO, Crooked+Gittum meshes quite well. Gittum can still make that signature Death Row sound that Crooked sounded good over.

Crooked+Gittum >> Crooked+Komplex

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2009, 03:24:59 PM »
yeah i mean he or someone put the effort into makin the soundtrack they did so the talent was there and some muffuccaz was feelin it
but damn that shit fucked crooked up for life for real
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »
"thought you knew" and "im back" from dysf. family soundtrack

JohnnyL

« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2009, 03:37:04 PM »

I completely agree.  When you hear material like this, you have to ask "what was Suge thinking?"  This was probably has last real chance to do something with the label, and he totally missed his opportunity.  The talent was clearly there.  It's a shame.

EFFeX

« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

Yeah, the 2nd generation Death Row sound still had it's own signature, but still West Coast-ish.

Crooked still works with Jim Gittum, doesn't he? IMO, Crooked+Gittum meshes quite well. Gittum can still make that signature Death Row sound that Crooked sounded good over.

Totally agree with this post!

By the way, of course Crooked still records with Jim. I don't know how recently, but Gittum appeared on "Block Obama 2". They are family anyway. Jim is Crooked's God brother.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »

Totally agree with this post!

By the way, of course Crooked still records with Jim. I don't know how recently, but Gittum appeared on "Block Obama 2". They are family anyway. Jim is Crooked's God brother.

Do you have any idea if Gittum produced any tracks for BOSS, and how many?

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2009, 04:11:23 PM »
im confused is this worth listining too, and is this really say hi to the bad guy?!?!?

I don't think so, sounds like the tracks was just thrown together. Maybe Crooked I will hear about this leak and speak on it.

By the way, yes, some of these were meant for the album and others were not. This is a compilation and that point needs to be made clear.

This is NOT Crooked I's debut project and shouldn't be marketed that way.

Truthfully, I don't consider this a proper album. It's more like a compilation album that was bootlegged. It's still cool that we got these songs though, so I ain't complaining, but something tells me that the official SHTTBG album wasn't this feature heavy. I could be wrong, but this is more like a Death Row compilation than a Crooked I album.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
im confused is this worth listining too, and is this really say hi to the bad guy?!?!?

I don't think so, sounds like the tracks was just thrown together. Maybe Crooked I will hear about this leak and speak on it.

This is NOT Crooked I's debut project and shouldn't be marketed that way.

Truthfully, I don't consider this a proper album. It's more like a compilation album that was bootlegged. It's still cool that we got these songs though, so I ain't complaining, but something tells me that the official SHTTBG album wasn't this feature heavy. I could be wrong, but this is more like a Death Row compilation than a Crooked I album.

Totally agree with ya............aside from 'So Damn Hood' & a few other tracks.....the rest of the tracks seem like they were made for Dysfunktional family soundtrack
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »
damn i hate ray j on these traxx
no matter how good he is, he fucks up the muzik
but yeah i think these were meant to be like a soundtrack or some shit,
theres no way way 2 g crooked would approve ray j to be on his song let alone album of more than 2-3 traxx
haha
Cube

hussein solution

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
can sum1 pm me a link

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2009, 04:50:08 PM »
damn i hate ray j on these traxx
no matter how good he is, he fucks up the muzik
but yeah i think these were meant to be like a soundtrack or some shit,
theres no way way 2 g crooked would approve ray j to be on his song let alone album of more than 2-3 traxx
haha

Well I think around that timeframe Ray J was running around saying he was signed to Tha Row. I remember Suge was asked that in a interview and he said unfortunately he was not able to sign him but he was trying to. So I am sure that is why he was on alot of tracks with them.