Author Topic: Just Saw 50 Cent at RIT  (Read 710 times)

D-TalkX

Re: Just Saw 50 Cent at RIT
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »
Slaughterhuse would be cool to see..Snoops older shows were good when he didn't have the band setup...wasn't feeling those as much .

Devin puts on a good show, we actually opened for him before he's entertaining for sure. Pharoahe Monch controls the crowd well and pretty crisp as well. Really was mad I missed the Up In Smoke. May never get a chance to see Dre ever again. I missed Ice Cube too which i a mad about.

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
Redman and Method Man  = best concert ever seen!!
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
Well not too much before Get Rich... but lots of tracks. Like that's the best way to describe he did at least a verse from all his major hits then a couple g-unit tracks...not much downtime at all which was pretty unique. usually there's something that gives them a breather or something but he was fired up and having a great time up there.

In Da Club was nuts of course but he did 2 new tracks which were rediculous but unfortunately I don't know much about them. He said how everyone says his "Curtis" album is wack and pointed out that every song he did off it people were twice as entertained....which was true...then he said "it's almost like i knew what I was doing after all" thought that was kinda cool cuz he was write. DIdn't like that album at all but some of those songs were sick live.....he promised the next album is hard as fuck ...looking fwd to it now

curtis was mixed badly

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »
I dig Curtis but it was mixed badly.  A lot of the joints sounded unfinished production wise or they were missing elements to make it a complete banger.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

gghh

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »

D-TalkX

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
I agree completely...but thats the thing now...less is more i think...low frequency drums, heavy snare and some plinko and u got a radio single ha

Method and Red I heard good things about for sure. i'll check em when they come here this summer. I'd like to have seen Obie Trice as well. his last album cranked to me though

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 01:38:40 AM »
I dig Curtis but it was mixed badly.  A lot of the joints sounded unfinished production wise or they were missing elements to make it a complete banger.

Yeah I always thought that, I couldnt even listen to the last track cos of the way it was mixed...

I seen 50 Banks and Buck live and the shit was dope, the put on a real good show, like an hour and a half of straight raps, this was during just aftter massacre dropped. Buck was pretty insane live I reckon had mad energy!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 04:17:22 AM »
Curtis wasn't wack it but it was average simply due to the fact that it was made in 3 months and it sounded rushed as fuck. Most of the beats were sceletons and most of the tracks only had 2 verses. And I forgot about corny guest apperances/ rnb hooks.

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 05:51:44 AM »
Curtis wasn't wack it but it was average simply due to the fact that it was made in 3 months and it sounded rushed as fuck. Most of the beats were sceletons and most of the tracks only had 2 verses. And I forgot about corny guest apperances/ rnb hooks.

Agree with this 100%...From the minute i heard gun go off i thought it all seemed just thrown together. Best track on curtis was curtis 187 that was a hard track.

"i was nappy headed,snotty nosed, dirt bomb nigga/saying i cant wait till i get a little bigga....took a kitchen knife to school fittin to poke me a nigga/thinking wish i had a guna so i could smoke me a nigga"

I know its bullshit gangsta rhyming but love these type of lyrics from 50...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:56:24 AM by A1 »
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »

Agree with this 100%...From the minute i heard gun go off i thought it all seemed just thrown together. Best track on curtis was curtis 187 that was a hard track.

"i was nappy headed,snotty nosed, dirt bomb nigga/saying i cant wait till i get a little bigga....took a kitchen knife to school fittin to poke me a nigga/thinking wish i had a guna so i could smoke me a nigga"

I know its bullshit gangsta rhyming but love these type of lyrics from 50...

Remix was much better than album version:

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »
Remix is nice

Anyone know if this track was official? either way its hot

"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
Seen Kanye live, seen Snoop & Diddy (collabo tour), seen Ice Cube live.

All of them were dope as hell live. Kanye wasn't quite up there with Snoop & Cube though. And say what you say about the man, but Diddy can put on a fucking show. I went to that show just to see Snoops performances, but they both rocked the house, hands down.

Gonna see Meth & Red in a couple of weeks - anticipating the best live gig I've been to based on people's experiences. And I've been hoping to catch a live Alkaholiks show - still waiting for my chance though.