Author Topic: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.  (Read 1624 times)

Lunatic

Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.
« on: May 10, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
I know it's dumb to make a statement like that and act as if its fact, but I truly feel it is fact. Every other single rapper who is brought up in this discussion has a blemish on their discography. Scarface has not 1. If not all classic albums, all near classics at the very least. And that's his solo discography. Shall we bring up the Geto Boyz? Nobody has been apart of as much classic Hip-Hop as Scarface has, without a single blemish. Don't forget The Product album a few years ago, another classic or near classic.

Due to his extensive discography without a single less than quality release, Scarface truly is the greatest rapper to ever live - the collection proves that imo.

y'all always talkin' about me and T.I. lol, when truly, Face is my favorite.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
Re: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »
I've never heard his music a side from a few features. Name some dope songs, I'll peep em

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »
I've never heard his music a side from a few features. Name some dope songs, I'll peep em
Recent material (songs) you should check:

Can't Get Right Ft. Bilal
Still Here Ft. Shateish
It's Not a Game
Who Are They Ft. Slim Thug & K-Rino
Soldier Story Ft. Z-Ro & The Product
Emeritus
Never
Burn Ft. Z-Ro
The Suicide Note

Old material:
Mr. Scarface
Born Killer
Murder By Reason of Insanity
Body Snatchers
I'm Dead
Dying With Your Boots On
Mr Scarface Pt.3 : The Final Chapter
He's Dead
I'm Black
No Tears
I Seen a Man Die
Hand of the Dead Body Ft. Ice Cube & Devin the Dude
They Down With Us Ft. UGK
The Last of a Dying Breed
OG To Me Ft. Tha Dogg Pound & Jayo Felony
No Warning
Smile Ft. 2Pac & Johnny J
Game Over Ft. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Too $hort

;)

MediumL

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »
It depends what you're basing it on. His discography may have no major fail in it but there are average albums within it (Emeritus was good but not anything above average). The thing with him is that he never went for huge mainstream success so he doesn't really have the corny albums that may tarnish someone like LL or Nas' discographies but the lack of imagination or formulaic approach to some of his albums doesn't make the anything special.

Dude is a legend but if I had to choose between him and Cube i'd take Cube all day everyday.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »
It depends what you're basing it on. His discography may have no major fail in it but there are average albums within it (Emeritus was good but not anything above average). The thing with him is that he never went for huge mainstream success so he doesn't really have the corny albums that may tarnish someone like LL or Nas' discographies but the lack of imagination or formulaic approach to some of his albums doesn't make the anything special.

Dude is a legend but if I had to choose between him and Cube i'd take Cube all day everyday.
Emeritus?!? that was great way to close his career. 9/10 album imo. The only tracks I didn't like were High Note and We Need You. Everything else is pure fire. Well it's artists like LL and Nas' fault they went for the mainstream success and tarnished their own discographies. They brought that upon themselves. That's an excuse imo, the consequences they decided to roll with. Thankfully, Face sold his good amount of records without having to do that crap.

Face > Cube imo and I LOVE Cube. Face doesn't have a single album as weak as both the War & Peace releases.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:03:16 PM by Lunatic 63 »

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 02:03:18 PM »
The Diary = one of the top 5 greatest albums ever
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:03:42 PM »
The Diary = one of the top 5 greatest albums ever
easily.

MediumL

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »

Emeritus?!? that was great way to close his career. 9/10 album imo. The only tracks I didn't like were High Note and We Need You. Everything else is pure fire. Well it's artists like LL and Nas' fault they went for the mainstream success and tarnished their own discographies. That's an excuse imo, the consequences they decided to roll with. Thankfully, Face sold his good amount of records without having to do that crap.

Face > Cube imo and I LOVE Cube. Face doesn't have a single album as weak as both the War & Peace releases.

He doesn't have a a really weak album (although i dont think neither war and peaces are weak) but i'd say hes formulaic and hence sometimes a bit average for him. In contrast Cube pushed the boundary and switched it up every album from Straight Outta Compton all the way up to Lethal Injection. He has the classics that Scarface doesn't have imo Everybody has their own opnion and although The Diary is a classic i wouldn't say its top 5 and on the whole i've seen it in very few top 5s. Death Certificate or Amerikkkas Most wanted are real defining moments and on the whole put Cube above Scarface imo. Although sayin that i havent listened to every geto boy album or every scaraface track.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
Recent material (songs) you should check:

Can't Get Right Ft. Bilal
Still Here Ft. Shateish
It's Not a Game
Who Are They Ft. Slim Thug & K-Rino
Soldier Story Ft. Z-Ro & The Product
Emeritus
Never
Burn Ft. Z-Ro
The Suicide Note

Old material:
Mr. Scarface
Born Killer
Murder By Reason of Insanity
Body Snatchers
I'm Dead
Dying With Your Boots On
Mr Scarface Pt.3 : The Final Chapter
He's Dead
I'm Black
No Tears
I Seen a Man Die
Hand of the Dead Body Ft. Ice Cube & Devin the Dude
They Down With Us Ft. UGK
The Last of a Dying Breed
OG To Me Ft. Tha Dogg Pound & Jayo Felony
No Warning
Smile Ft. 2Pac & Johnny J
Game Over Ft. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Too $hort

;)

Props. I'll be back here in week or with my opinion.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 02:14:37 PM »
The World Is Yours and The Diary is pure unarguable classics, imo.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »

Check out My Block, one of my favorite songs by anyone.

herpes

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »

You know whats funny, when it first dropped that track got a lot of hate.  But I always thought that track was dope.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »

You know whats funny, when it first dropped that track got a lot of hate.  But I always thought that track was dope.

Me too.

kemizt

MediumL

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 03:12:27 PM »

Me too.

i could see why it got the hate but that track and whole album is dope to me.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »

yup, it's dope. my fav Face track so far haha