Author Topic: Name nominies for the king of the midwest/north  (Read 360 times)

Doggystylin

Name nominies for the king of the midwest/north
« on: October 13, 2002, 08:21:03 PM »
who rules the midwest? name 5 people, so later i can make a poll

West Coast Veteran

Re:Name nominies for the king of the midwest/north
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 08:24:48 PM »
1. Eminem
2. Bone Thugs N Harmony
3. Common
4. Twista
5. Tech N9ne

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 08:38:17 PM »
Common
Twista

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 08:38:40 PM »
Eminem
Common

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2002, 09:02:36 PM »
Common
Nelly
Eminem
Bone Thugs

2DaMtHrOwEd

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »
twista
tech n9ne
eminem d12
do or die

but twista anit droped shit in a long time i think hes fell off
Gold diggaz get pennies plenty hoes don't get any
if she's a strippa I'm gon tip her with a counterfeit 20
Goin to get the new J's if foot locker ain't got em
I'm gon grab the store clerk and drop him in the rock bottom
Shh... I'm bout to sneak up on Bin Laden
Ask him where he been hidin, then slap the snot out him
Pay top tolla for hungry rot weiler
Make you eat his dog food and see how quick you can run patna

Jome

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2002, 09:21:12 PM »
Eminem & D12
Twista
Bone Thugs
Common

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2002, 10:37:01 PM »
Common
Eminem
Royce
techn9ne
Jay Dee
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
The Midwest's / North's king are...
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2002, 12:51:10 AM »
Common (aka Common Sense)
Eminem (and D12)
Hi-Tek
Jay Dee
Royce Da 5'9"

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2002, 01:36:10 AM »
lmao...people postin and cant even get 5...man i think im the most knowledgeable on this so let me drop science...

1. TechN9ne(on the real hes the most talented outta the midwest...and he reps to the death for it...he put Kansas City on the map basically and thats one of the hottest scenes out)
2. Esham(peeps dislike him but hes the first the person that put Detroit on the map...not eminem...he has one of the biggest followings i have ever seen..established rapper and producer not to mention ceo of his OWN indi label not an imprint label on ya homies label)
3. Twista(legit ballin doin big thangs...he reps for the midwest on every track...he got people lookin towards the midwest for heat....one of the pioneers in chi-town)
4. MC Breed(cmon the biggest person from the midwest period...put Flint on the map...put all of Michigan on the map...nuff said)
5. Nelly(regardless of his pop image he still put in alot of work in the indi circuit....got Fo Reel signed and released an album that pushed major units...plus he put st louis on the map....people bullshittin on not puttin him on lists)

ok now...common...he relocated to new york...he has no pull in the midwest no more...eminem...he reps detroit n all...but he aint doin much for the midwest...esham and natas did the same shit years before d-12...hi-tek...he aint done enough....jay dee either....royce!!!???...lol he runs nothin....do or die...they been in n out lately...twista has always been out in the scene...do or die fade then come back...bone...they rode on the west for along time...thyere just recently starting to bring up the midwest in their music...aside for reppin cleveland they didnt do enough....dayton family are up there on the list but they dont make it cuz mc breed brought out flint before them...jake the flake is the same....vell bakardy hasnt been able to get infront of techn9ne...rich tha factor rode on the west too long...he missed out....

closetothalimit

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2002, 01:39:30 AM »
Eminem
Nelly
Bone Thugs
Common
Twista

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2002, 02:27:45 AM »
There ain't so much competition here as there's in the other regions...

Eminem ... He stands out of these people, since nobody is nearly as well known world wide.

Scarface
Bone Thugs
Common
TechN9ne

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2002, 06:24:56 AM »
lmao...people postin and cant even get 5...man i think im the most knowledgeable on this so let me drop science...

It's easy to drop 5, but the midwest is weak, so I'm not going to throw out names of artists if I don't really like them.  (Bone Thugs for example)

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
S.G.V.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2002, 03:56:16 PM »
...common...he relocated to new york...he has no pull in the midwest no more...eminem...he reps detroit n all...but he aint doin much for the midwest...esham and natas did the same shit years before d-12...hi-tek...he aint done enough....jay dee either....royce!!!???...lol he runs nothin...
It doesn't matter if Common's been in NY for a little while, because he originated from Chicago, and he still has loads of ties there (so of course he still 'has pull in the midwest'); the title of this thread reads 'king of the midwest/north, and Eminem is from up North, so it doesn't matter whether or not he 'ain't doin much for the midwest'; Hi-Tek and Jay Dee have definitely both done enough (or maybe you just haven't heard enough of their stuff), and Royce Da 5'9" is highly influential up in Detroit (as is Eminem & Jay Dee).

S.G.V.

Re:S.G.V.
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2002, 11:25:54 PM »

It's easy to drop 5, but the midwest is weak, so I'm not going to throw out names of artists if I don't really like them.  (Bone Thugs for example)
its weak when u dont know anyone other than eminem and d-12
...common...he relocated to new york...he has no pull in the midwest no more...eminem...he reps detroit n all...but he aint doin much for the midwest...esham and natas did the same shit years before d-12...hi-tek...he aint done enough....jay dee either....royce!!!???...lol he runs nothin...
It doesn't matter if Common's been in NY for a little while, because he originated from Chicago, and he still has loads of ties there (so of course he still 'has pull in the midwest'); the title of this thread reads 'king of the midwest/north, and Eminem is from up North, so it doesn't matter whether or not he 'ain't doin much for the midwest'; Hi-Tek and Jay Dee have definitely both done enough (or maybe you just haven't heard enough of their stuff), and Royce Da 5'9" is highly influential up in Detroit (as is Eminem & Jay Dee).
how u gonna run chitown when u in new york?....its not possible...anyway tho....eminem aint done shit for the midwest...to run shit u gotta be a boss...he "runs" an imprint on his homies label...people like Esham & TechN9ne are makin their own movies actually being bosses....Hi-Tek really hasnt done much...his best work has been with east coast artists....Jay Dee...not near enough....the midwest dont look at him for beats...they go to Esham, Kev, Jay E, Don Juan...and Royce...well he aint influenced anyone i heard from the D...neither has Em....Em was influenced by Esham...thats why they all sound similar from the D......