Author Topic: WIDEAwake's Plans For The Chronic  (Read 2990 times)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So THIS Is How WIDEAwake Chooses To Ruin The Chronic?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
I knew something like this was gonna happen and I bet they have plenty of other "surprises" like this in store.

Wideawake will become the next Amaru...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

kuruptlon

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »
Tracks with added verses from fans will not be included on the reissue of The Chronic. As the finishing touches are being put on the projects, Payne explained that release dates and more information on how artists can submit verses will be announced. HipHopDX will provide more details and information as they are available.

Did you deliberately leave that line out to be a douche bag? everyone needs to chill

That line was NOT in the article I copy and pasted. That was clearly added later on.

Oh alright my bad no disrespect

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
Tracks with added verses from fans will not be included on the reissue of The Chronic. As the finishing touches are being put on the projects, Payne explained that release dates and more information on how artists can submit verses will be announced. HipHopDX will provide more details and information as they are available.

Did you deliberately leave that line out to be a douche bag? everyone needs to chill

That line was NOT in the article I copy and pasted. That was clearly added later on.

you called him a douchbag LOL  how is that not meant to be disrespectful?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
That was fast..  ;D
"If we bitch they will hear..."

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »

well that's a relief.

maybe you should change the topic title now

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:15 AM »
That was fast..  ;D
"If we bitch they will hear..."

I know, LOL!

On the real though, I felt compelled to spread this news quickly, because I couldn't imagine having material we've waited on forever ruined like that.

I have a feeling that HipHopDX forgot to mention that in their original posting and possibly seen how there was a negative response so clarified ASAP, LOL.

kuruptlon

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 11:03:27 AM »

WRONG I asked if he let it out to be a douche bag and since he didn't then it doesn't apply

EFFeX

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 11:15:02 AM »

WRONG I asked if he let it out to be a douche bag and since he didn't then it doesn't apply

It's alright, I'm not sweating it.

I just know that it wasn't there, I copied the whole article from beginning to end and the fact that the line is before the end of my selection means that it was added later on.

Just a misunderstanding.

Portugoal

Re: WIDEAwake's Plans For The Chronic
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
I hope Busta Rhymes, T.I., Ron Browz, Lil Wayne and Ne-Yo will add new verses.

Jaydc555

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
For a second there I was shocked.that would have been a terrible idea.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »

or LIL MOO
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
 I agree that this would have been terrible if some random fan-mixes were actually added to the album.  But now that they've clarified that the versions with the fans added won't be on the album, I don't think it's that bad of a promotional tool.  I mean, if it's something they just post up on their website or something like that, that could even be kind of cool.  But yeah, I'm in complete agreement that something like that shouldn't be added to the actual cd.  

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »
yeah, just leave it at the 2 Dre verses and fans won't care

EFFeX

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »
yeah, just leave it at the 2 Dre verses and fans won't care

Since there is so few unreleased Dre tracks to begin with, fans surely won't mind them just looping up the hook a few times and letting the beat ride out.

Unreleased Dre is unreleased Dre. Unless they are adding an artist that was signed to Tha Row during that period, just let it be. Even that would be unacceptable in my eyes as we want the songs in their purest form.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »

haha lol
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."