Author Topic: Geto Boys' Willie D Arrested Over iPhone Scams, Faces 20 Years In Prison  (Read 485 times)

Elano

Geto Boys' William "Willie D" Dennis was reportedly arrested last night (May 13) at Bush Intercontinental Airport over an alleged eBay scam involving iPhones.

He was taken in by authorities late Wednesday evening.

William James Dennis, also known as "Willie D" is charged with wire fraud stemming from his alleged sales of Apple iPhones through a company known as Texas One Wireless. Dennis was arrested at Bush Intercontinental Airport Wednesday after returning from a trip overseas. If convicted, Dennis could be sentenced to up to 20 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine, followed by up to five years of supervised release and restitution to the victims. (KTRK News)
Willie faces various charges stemming from an alleged scam which began last fall.

Beginning in September 2008, Dennis, posing as an electronics salesman, used eBay to establish his credibility with international buyers. Once a buyer showed interest, Dennis allegedly directed them outside of eBay to conduct sales via e-mail. Numerous foreign individuals placed orders with Dennis for iPhones and other electronics. Dennis required payment to be electronically transferred to his bank account and once the transaction was confirmed, Dennis would send tracking numbers for packages that were never shipped. When the buyers complained about not receiving their purchases, Dennis allegedly claimed he had filed a complaint with the U.S. Postal Service or hired carrier and that he could not refund their money until he knew where his goods were. Eventually, Dennis would cease communication with the victimized parties. (Houston Press)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"

F-cisco

I thought Willie D was living in the middle east. He was investing in real estate. Greedy Mofo.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
bet he had nothing to do with it...

dude is rarely in the states nowadays..

dont use the internet kuz its trash and slow in the part of country he lives in

dont hardly use his phone.. kuz international calls is a bitch

bet his huntsville group is involved..

Lunatic

if this is true, its sad :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

This is the weirdest news article I've read in a long time.What's next?Mc shan being arrested for selling bootleg copies of the new star trek

Rick McCrank

if this is true, its sad :-\

if this is true then Willie is a major scumbag

I don't like when average joes get ripped off...  >:(

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
This is the weirdest news article I've read in a long time.What's next?Mc shan being arrested for selling bootleg copies of the new star trek

haha

DIP DIP SET SET

Kool Beenz

well why the fuck didnt Daz go to jail for ripping everyone off too?

Elano

eh ?????

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So D gets 20 for cellular scams but T.I. gets only a year for buying a hydrogen bomb and vials of anthrax? Something isn't right.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:21:42 PM by GimmeYourShoes »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK

Denial is a bitch

DIP DIP SET SET

Elano

So D gets 20 for cellulars scams but T.I. gets only a year for buying a hydrogen bomb and vials of anthrax? Something isn't right.

ya  >:(

Kool Beenz

So D gets 20 for cellulars scams but T.I. gets only a year for buying a hydrogen bomb and vials of anthrax? Something isn't right.

cus Willie D can hold his own in jail

T.I will get raped

Elano

Willie D was indicted Tuesday (June 9) afternoon.

Rapper William Dennis, aka Willie D, was indicted Tuesday by a grand jury on 15 counts of wire fraud. The investigation leading to Dennis' arrest came after one of the overseas purchasers filed a complaint with law enforcement authorities. Wire fraud carries a maximum punishment, upon conviction, of 20 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine. Dennis is currently on bond pending trial in this case which is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Sherri L. Zack. (MyFox News)

He was initially taken in by authorities last month.

William James Dennis, also known as "Willie D" is charged with wire fraud stemming from his alleged sales of Apple iPhones through a company known as Texas One Wireless. Dennis was arrested at Bush Intercontinental Airport Wednesday after returning from a trip overseas. If convicted, Dennis could be sentenced to up to 20 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine, followed by up to five years of supervised release and restitution to the victims. (KTRK News)
Willie faces various charges from the scam which began last fall.

Beginning in September 2008, Dennis, posing as an electronics salesman, used eBay to establish his credibility with international buyers. Once a buyer showed interest, Dennis allegedly directed them outside of eBay to conduct sales via e-mail. Numerous foreign individuals placed orders with Dennis for iPhones and other electronics. Dennis required payment to be electronically transferred to his bank account and once the transaction was confirmed, Dennis would send tracking numbers for packages that were never shipped. When the buyers complained about not receiving their purchases, Dennis allegedly claimed he had filed a complaint with the U.S. Postal Service or hired carrier and that he could not refund their money until he knew where his goods were. Eventually, Dennis would