Author Topic: VIDEO- DJ Quik/Kurupt 9 times outta 10 *edit* now with mp3 d/l  (Read 1508 times)

MOBNigga06

Re: VIDEO- DJ Quik/Kurupt 9 times outta 10 *edit* now with mp3 d/l
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 10:24:38 PM »
Wackest fucking thing I've heard from either of these two, how the fuck do they decide to make a video for this rather than for Fuck Y'all, Hey Playa, and What You Wanna do? Un-fucking-believable. Hey Playa has single written all over it, the whole world would love that joint.

This song, however, won't even get play from a guy like myself who loves Kurupt and Quik. Let alone from new fans. Dumb ass decision picking this song. Quik doesn't even rap on it. What kind of fool convinced these two niggas that this was worth making a video for?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »
That wasnt the only video they shot,
they also shot "Do you know"
Wackest fucking thing I've heard from either of these two, how the fuck do they decide to make a video for this rather than for Fuck Y'all, Hey Playa, and What You Wanna do? Un-fucking-believable. Hey Playa has single written all over it, the whole world would love that joint.

This song, however, won't even get play from a guy like myself who loves Kurupt and Quik. Let alone from new fans. Dumb ass decision picking this song. Quik doesn't even rap on it. What kind of fool convinced these two niggas that this was worth making a video for?

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »
Kurupt ripped that beat but damn when it first started I though Quik gonna drop some more instruments to the beat, its kinda poor musically

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 10:37:28 PM »
Love the t-shirt but this shit is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Thers's still a Fixxer inside Quik, what a big let down.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:42:12 PM by Davizz »

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »
Gets better with EACH LISTEN.

Give it a few spins. Interesting choice for first Video. I thought it would be Hey Playa for sure!

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 11:59:40 PM »
... Dumb ass decision picking this song. Quik doesn't even rap on it. What kind of fool convinced these two niggas that this was worth making a video for?

I have to agree on this 100%. Whoever is doing Quik's marketing over at Mad Science is a fucking dipshit. They really fucked the pooch as far as promotion on "Trauma" . Where were the videos for the singles?! Black Mercedes could have been HUGE. What happened to the live concert DVD recorded with the greatest hits album?! Did it just go fucking poof and disappear? The list goes on and on.....

I also agree that "Hey Playa" would become an instant hit. Using "9 Times Outta 10" as the lead video single is an extremely idiotic move. First off, you perform Moroccan Blues aka "Hey Playa" like crazy leading up to your album, building hype at clubs and on airwaves, and then when it's time to release a single to the masses you do a complete 180 and release a song that not only has no previous airplay, but has one half of the duo rapping on it. Holy shit...where the fuck is the sense in that? I swear to god if I saw Quik I would tell him to his face that it's not his lack of talent/haters/manic-depressive episodes that are holding him back. It's his fucking marketing/business model. THEY SUCK ASS. Whatever. I'm sure in the long run the fans will all get what they want. But the next time people talk about how Quik is underrated/unacknowledged, know that music is a business. You can put 110% into your music, but if you neglect the business aspect, you are steamrolling yourself...

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 12:39:52 AM »
some of yall need to calm down.. I love how yall say if we like this song, then that makes us Quik stans! Whatt?  Like everybody likes the same shit, C'mon yall.. Opinions are like assholes everybody got one... I love Quik's old shit just as much as the next man, Safe&Sound, Rhytmalism = classics.
I didn't care for Under The Influence, and I hated that Fixxers shit.. Even tho, some of yall blame Quik too much for it, when he didn't even produce most of that, it was AMG who did most of the beats.  But anyways, I like this song.. that doesn't make me a stan! I like it more than that What U Really Wanna Do track.. And since when does everyone think thier opionion is the end all be all!  All of a sudden u guys have a better taste for music than DJ Quik? I mean obviously some people are gonna like it, if Quik himself and Kurupt like it enough to make a video out of it.  I agree, Quik makes beautiful productions, when he has multiple live instruments and classic samples.. but so much of his productions have gone over most peoples heads.. I mean I hate to say it, but Quik as an artist has been slept on for soo many years its a crime.. He's not ballin outta control, he's still basically a local artist.  And he can't make music to satisfy just his core audience anymore.. He's gotta get some new fans, and if he has to experiment.. let him.  He's already said this is a new sound, that people aren't gonna be expecting.. So deal w it or don't buy it.. bottom line!

And although I agree that this isn't a safe bet for a first single/video.. I think its just gonna be a street video.  They already said that Hey Playa is gonna be theyre radio single, it just sucks cuz  Quik said its getting resistance from stations like Power106 out here in L.A.  I'm sure there gonna have a couple other lil low budget street videos drop, this is just the first one to hit the internet.  They were even talking about trying to get Andrew Zimmerman from bizare foods on the Hey Playa video if they could, so thatll be like a more official video.

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 01:43:22 AM »
Not your typical quik beat, I like it.

Cali Climate

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 01:50:22 AM »
Kurupt ripped that shit. lol @ you homos getting downright angry.

Smoke

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 01:52:57 AM »
how can Quik make a NO-BEAT like this :(

LBCstyle

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 02:38:03 AM »
OMFG  this is garbage  :P

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 03:20:55 AM »
hummmmm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 03:44:39 AM »
i like that track. it`s different. cant wait for the album.

Elano

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 03:51:27 AM »
so quik is just a producer on this album ?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 04:45:40 AM »
This is weak. Quik was bragging how he's making Kurupt spit grown up shit, yet he just mumbled random words through the whole track. I'm beginning to think Kurupt should've done a whole album with Hi-Tek, like he planned to do last year. Because both tracks he had on Hi-Tek solo albums were fire. And the production is very generic.