Author Topic: rappers who are FINISHED  (Read 1535 times)

Lunatic

Re: rappers who are FINISHED
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
Lil Scrappy ain't done. He just signed a deal with DTP, and Def Jam picked up for the distribution. On top of that, they gave him distribution for his label, G's Up Ent.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Cali Climate

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »

Al Bundy

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »
2pac and Biggie

They should be.

That bum Big L hasn't dropped any new shit since 99. Lazy fucks.

Muhfukka

herpes

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »
2pac and Biggie

They should be.

That bum Big L hasn't dropped any new shit since 99. Lazy fucks.

Eazy-E got the lazy game on lock down.  Dude hasn't dropped any new shit since 95

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
ron artest

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 08:14:59 PM »
Obie & Beanie are dope

add Busta Rhymes to the list after the new album :-\
I added Busta Rhymes to the list after the big disappointment.  I disagree with Lil' Jon but some on the list I agree with.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
2pac and Biggie

what are you talking about Pac's still releasing shit.

Blasphemy

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
2pac and Biggie

Yeah, but he hasn't been in rap as much anymore, once his next album is severely fucked with remix, pasted vocals and pairs of retards trying to gain more street credit, and production that he probably wouldn't of ever rapped over, I'm sure people will be talking about him again.The main topic would mainly be "god damn, glad I DLed the OGs to the album 4 years ago". Biggie well he only had 2 albums worth, and 1 demotape.

Eazy E's double album was only made into 1 book, so that is a Entire second book not released.That could be released as "Ghost of Compton" or some shit like "Ruthless 4 Ever" or "I'm a come back like pac"

Hittman had 1 album ready, it was canceled and eventually leaked, his second 1 I think was released or shelved and then leaked (can't remember lol)

Cypress Hill, well they are pretty much sold out (After IV), disbanded and pursuing Solo carriers.

Eminem will drop Relapse 1, generate controversy for dispersing white America's social norm. The controversy will probably just retain around Nick Cannon, Drug abuse (Media will say he is for it), the song about his uncle molestation, Child advocacy groups will say something like "Eminem's distasteful Album Relapse is hurting all the work we have done to help kids".People will say he is mocking alcoholics with the title "relapse" and with its content.Every so called "Shock" lyric he used on the album, will generate controversy (IMO they aren't that shocking).

Eminem will drop Relapse 2, and what ever that talks about (Homosexuals,his mom,drug abuse, and possibly kim or some other 4th factor) will generate the same controversy, but probably on a less grand scale (depends how much shock lyrics it contains).

Once he's done either 1 or 2 things will happen. 1 He stops after both relapse albums or 2 he will continue recording, it could possibly go the way of Encore or hopefully the way of TMMLP. Either way once his thing is done he won't be in the news.

In the end all of our favorite artist (Westcoast especially) will all eventually stop and all we have left on the radio/TV is a bunch of crappy south songs and sell outs while they play a Tupac song or video every once and awhile just to stay "real" with their listeners.

Only way the Westcoast can make a comeback (and hopefully bring back the G-Funk Era) is if Dr. Dre drops Detox, Death Row starts releasing unreleased material in its original NOT FUCKED form,
 and the other original West Coast artist start to go back to the style and not these new sell out style,

The game needs to drop a actual West Coast album (L.A.X. wasn't a good follow up to Doctors Advocate which was his strongest album)

Bishop Lamont needs to drop his album

Fucking Ice Cube needs to actually be fucking Political, I'm sorry as much as I liked Raw Footage, the fucking thing was just reiterating shit on the news. Wasn't the entire socially conscious genre about rapping about stuff the media blatantly ignores?

Labels need to sign more West Coast Artist, The only 1s who are making some break into the mainstream are the originals who are just selling to a dieing fan base, with each album they go more the sell out/pop and the fans just tune it out.

:'( But, then again as long as we have no more fuckers like Soulja Boy I'll be happy  8) 8) 8)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 10:02:58 PM »
Lil Jon is still one of the few dope producers from the south. Shit he does for DPG, Too Short, and E-40 is major heat.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
I was in the music store and 2pac's California Love came on.Track from 1995 got more play then these new guys.Soulja Boy hands down, hes dead, he was shot and bleeding out when his single came out, the Album was just the shotgun to the face.

this is blasphemy..

soulja boy tell em aint goin nowhere..boy still get play..

u dont even know where lil bow wow talked all that shit.. soulja boy didnt even much lose a step..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »
2pac and Biggie

Yeah, but he hasn't been in rap as much anymore, once his next album is severely fucked with remix, pasted vocals and pairs of retards trying to gain more street credit, and production that he probably wouldn't of ever rapped over, I'm sure people will be talking about him again.The main topic would mainly be "god damn, glad I DLed the OGs to the album 4 years ago". Biggie well he only had 2 albums worth, and 1 demotape.

Eazy E's double album was only made into 1 book, so that is a Entire second book not released.That could be released as "Ghost of Compton" or some shit like "Ruthless 4 Ever" or "I'm a come back like pac"

Hittman had 1 album ready, it was canceled and eventually leaked, his second 1 I think was released or shelved and then leaked (can't remember lol)

Cypress Hill, well they are pretty much sold out (After IV), disbanded and pursuing Solo carriers.

Eminem will drop Relapse 1, generate controversy for dispersing white America's social norm. The controversy will probably just retain around Nick Cannon, Drug abuse (Media will say he is for it), the song about his uncle molestation, Child advocacy groups will say something like "Eminem's distasteful Album Relapse is hurting all the work we have done to help kids".People will say he is mocking alcoholics with the title "relapse" and with its content.Every so called "Shock" lyric he used on the album, will generate controversy (IMO they aren't that shocking).

Eminem will drop Relapse 2, and what ever that talks about (Homosexuals,his mom,drug abuse, and possibly kim or some other 4th factor) will generate the same controversy, but probably on a less grand scale (depends how much shock lyrics it contains).

Once he's done either 1 or 2 things will happen. 1 He stops after both relapse albums or 2 he will continue recording, it could possibly go the way of Encore or hopefully the way of TMMLP. Either way once his thing is done he won't be in the news.

In the end all of our favorite artist (Westcoast especially) will all eventually stop and all we have left on the radio/TV is a bunch of crappy south songs and sell outs while they play a Tupac song or video every once and awhile just to stay "real" with their listeners.

Only way the Westcoast can make a comeback (and hopefully bring back the G-Funk Era) is if Dr. Dre drops Detox, Death Row starts releasing unreleased material in its original NOT FUCKED form,
 and the other original West Coast artist start to go back to the style and not these new sell out style,

The game needs to drop a actual West Coast album (L.A.X. wasn't a good follow up to Doctors Advocate which was his strongest album)

Fucking Ice Cube needs to actually be fucking Political, I'm sorry as much as I liked Raw Footage, the fucking thing was just reiterating shit on the news. Wasn't the entire socially conscious genre about rapping about stuff the media blatantly ignores?

Labels need to sign more West Coast Artist, The only 1s who are making some break into the mainstream are the originals who are just selling to a dieing fan base, with each album they go more the sell out/pop and the fans just tune it out.

:'( But, then again as long as we have no more fuckers like Soulja Boy I'll be happy  8) 8) 8)

The south's played out. Its already hit its peak. Can only go downhill from here. Something more likely, mainstream rap will continue to phase out and merge with R&B/pop (all the Chris Browns, T-Pains, R. Kellys etc.). But no worries, it will still exist in the underground which imo is for the best. Enough of this commercial bs, I'm sick of hip hop being the laughingstock of the music industry. Leave the pop bullshit to the Britney Spearses and Miley Cyruses of the world. The reason rock is not hated on nearly as much as rap is because they are proud to NOT be mainstream. I don't understand why everyone wants the west to "come back." The west never left. All your favorite rappers are still making albums, only difference is they are all on the independent circuit now. Whats wrong with that? Isn't it better for them to be making albums targeting us, their core fan base, as opposed to making commercial, run-of-the-mill albums to try and appeal to the mainstream?

I say fuck a west coast comeback. Y'all are still listening to the radio, that's the problem. Turn that shit off and ignore it. I get new music from here and other forums. That's the way to go.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:50:32 PM by rapsodie »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 11:11:55 PM »

::)

Rick McCrank

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »
Lil Scrappy ain't done. He just signed a deal with DTP, and Def Jam picked up for the distribution. On top of that, they gave him distribution for his label, G's Up Ent.

I don't know.... I bet I never see this guy on TV again  :laugh:

Blasphemy

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 07:50:00 AM »
2pac and Biggie

The south's played out. Its already hit its peak. Can only go downhill from here. Something more likely, mainstream rap will continue to phase out and merge with R&B/pop (all the Chris Browns, T-Pains, R. Kellys etc.). But no worries, it will still exist in the underground which imo is for the best. Enough of this commercial bs, I'm sick of hip hop being the laughingstock of the music industry. Leave the pop bullshit to the Britney Spearses and Miley Cyruses of the world. The reason rock is not hated on nearly as much as rap is because they are proud to NOT be mainstream. I don't understand why everyone wants the west to "come back." The west never left. All your favorite rappers are still making albums, only difference is they are all on the independent circuit now. Whats wrong with that? Isn't it better for them to be making albums targeting us, their core fan base, as opposed to making commercial, run-of-the-mill albums to try and appeal to the mainstream?

I say fuck a west coast comeback. Y'all are still listening to the radio, that's the problem. Turn that shit off and ignore it. I get new music from here and other forums. That's the way to go.

I'm just saying a lot a people want a west coast resurrection, personally I only turn off the mute button when its a artist I know, even then if its the new stuff it doesn't sound as good compared to the original stuff (look at snoop D:).Cypress Hill became Hypocrites by doing what they said they wouldn't do (on the 3 Temples album).After IV I tuned out.

In the end though, only a few acts I'm hoping will drop something that won't be too commercial.Either way I'll always be a fan, but eventually the originals will just stop and we are left with a new generation of west coast artist who will probably go with the commercial stuff just to get played.