Author Topic: Kurupt and DJ Quik drop new music video for '9 Outta 10 Times' (BlaQKout CD)  (Read 1661 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Great Beat!!! Nice video ...Kurupt is on point so great song!!!!

kazam

• Lil Geezy
SHIT IS KOOL BUT QUIK IS MORE MUSICAL THAN THIS... IF A SONG IS WITHOUT DA MUSICAL ELEMENTS LIKE QUIKS BEATS USE TO IT BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD TRADEMARKS... THIS HAS NONE AND I THINK IT ISNT DOPE AT ALL... ANYONE COULD DO THIS BEAT COME ON QUIK PUT UR MAGIC ON IT...

I WANNA HEAR DAT MUSICAL SHIT, U WOULD FOR EXAMPLE NEVA HEAR BATTLECAT ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS HE WOULD STICK TO THE MAGIC

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
This bumps, it's cool and I've been a fan of both since the early days.  Y'all who don't like it are too picky, seems like you expect an album of 15 tracks that all sound like Can't Go Wrong.  Get over it, in this era of Soulja Boy and autotune Quik and Kurupt are still coming with something better than all that wack shit!

MediumL

This bumps, it's cool and I've been a fan of both since the early days.  Y'all who don't like it are too picky, seems like you expect an album of 15 tracks that all sound like Can't Go Wrong.  Get over it, in this era of Soulja Boy and autotune Quik and Kurupt are still coming with something better than all that wack shit!

but you can't start lowering your standards just because there's rappers like soulja boy about. I commend Quik and Kurupt for trying something new but imo it sounds wack. Kurupt sounds like he was freestyling and the beat although it sounds better towards the end didn't match his flow.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

simonblaze

• Lil Geezy
anyone got the mp3 for this?

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
sounds new.. but sometimes new doesent mean good il still cop the album tho

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
song is weak

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Can't wait to hear this on my subs.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
When it stops! 9times out 10,its going start again,where started at ended up and restart again,Get mind in the right position b4 it starts again!!!

I like it!!....i'm happy to ve something to play for my lil cousin that listen to some new raps and confused them....lol.

its RAW!!
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG

but you can't start lowering your standards just because there's rappers like soulja boy about. I commend Quik and Kurupt for trying something new but imo it sounds wack. Kurupt sounds like he was freestyling and the beat although it sounds better towards the end didn't match his flow.
You know, I'm not the first one to call a song good because it's better than what's out on the radio today, despite what the artist is capable of making.  And you're not the first one to respond with the "can't lower your standards" card.  I don't think it's a matter of lowering your standards, it's a matter of compromising.  Whether you like it or not, our favorite artists don't care about the standards they set with their classic material.  They only care about exceeding those standards, and 99 % of the time they believe the only way they can do that is by creating something different than what they've already done.  I don't like it, but sometimes it pays off (Chronic 2001, all Roots albums from Tipping Point on forward).  Most of the time, I just think damn why can't they just come with the classic sound? With that said, I just give up on expecting another Doggystyle, Rhythm-al-ism, Enter The 36 Chambers (heck, even Wu Tang Forever), Illmatic...you get the point.  The artists don't give a fuck about what we want to hear! They put out what's going to get them radio play, more importantly spins in the club cause realistically they only way to get radio play now is to have a club-friendly song.  They want to sell records and get paid, and you have to do that by having the hot producer or a guest appearance from a hot artist/R&B singer.  The junior high/high school/college undergrad demographic dictates what's hot.  Always have, always will.  All that classic west coast stuff was hot when a majority of us were in that demographic.  The musical taste follows us beyond that age, but the kids right behind us don't soak it up because they want to create their own musical taste with stuff like hyphy/jerkin/autotune because that's how they establish an identity of their own.

With that said, I'm not lowering my standards to like this song.  I listen to it and I either like it or I don't. Don't matter what's been done in the past. Just my perspective on the rap game.

Nils

• Lil Geezy
Nice!
"Ima shut faggots down, especially muthafuckas with that gay-ass production  new millenium homo sound"

destine-2-shine

• 'G'
  • the realest niigga in here
Dis shiit fire right here. It wasnt what I was expecting that but that was OK. Im feelin it.
fucc u and yo mothafuccin momma. and i still be the realest mothafucca in here.

westside159

not feelin it , it dont sound like nothing special ..    quik & kurupt fell of a minute ago ...  just aint the same

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
I like the song a lot. However, thought its a strange choice for first single??

As i have said before, I was thinking Hey Playa would be first single. Still this is fresh and new.

Looking forward to this album, cant wait!

J-Func

• 'G'
  • J-Func
after listening to the track a couple of times, i have to say that its not the best song from these guys, but i do like it.
the beat is simple but i think the effect was to show kurupts rhymes and flow. The chorus went on a bit though.