Author Topic: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics  (Read 2640 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2009, 07:44:44 AM »
lmao...chuck berry = classic, 2pac = timeless?

Chuck Berry's been making music since the 50s and is a legend and pioneer of rock n roll. 2Pac's music has only been around for 16 years. Now you're just confusing yourself.

i just think u like drama

Chuck Berry is so much more timeless than Tupac it's not even close. How is Johnny B Good not timeless? You can play that rack anywhere at any time and people will love it. What about Tupac transcends time more than Berry?

you're a nerd

Thank you.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »
there would be no 2pac without chuck berry

Kool Beenz

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2009, 12:23:23 AM »
Joe Budden cds

midwestryder

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2009, 04:34:22 AM »
NO Gangstarr albums are classic.  I've tried to listen to most of them but always found myself getting sleepy and or bored everytime
Illmatic.  Way too overrated.  I mean serious 9 tracks that are all (besides 1) under 5 minutes long.  It's 9 songs, not 15.  I can take 9 Gucci Mane songs from some mixtapes (all made in the same year) and make a better album than Illmatic.... real talk!

wow. i bump gucci mane but they are on two totally different levels. i can't stress enough how illmatic is classic. gucci mane hasn't made one classic album. fuck a mixtape

i don't want to insult you like most of the people on here will probably do after reading this quote but god damn, you make it pretty easy.

naw, niggaz just don't fuck wit everything people think is "classic"- look at how y'all think of me for example.  im like the only person who even has a copy of Illmatic or who even remembers that album.  niggaz still remember Doggystyle, but not Illmatic

Nobody remembers Illmatic? If you say so.

maybe up North they still ride out 2 that shit but once you hit Maryland and all tha way to California that shit is dead.  I'm tellin' u, Illmatic is like an old Parliment tape now, no lie.  This isn't my opinion neither, just my observation and numerous encounters talking with people.
bullshit . you wrong about people not riding out 2 that shit once you hit Maryland and all tha way to California. people in st louis st il ride to it . i was just driving to work with it in cd player . i have the original version & the 10th edition.. Illmatic is time less & a classic & so is the chronic timeless & a classic,youngster .those  are not opinions but true hip hop facts .so deal with young pup because this is not your culture or music first because anybody who thinks gucci man is any good is too young to know what good music or real hip hop is. it does not matter how many songs are on classic & that is fat . so deal with it!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:26:32 PM by midwestryder »

Moe

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2009, 06:52:26 AM »
there would be no 2pac without chuck berry
then sometimes i wish there was never a chuck berry