Author Topic: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics  (Read 2609 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »
It sounds like all of y'all are saying there's no such thing as a classic album.  If that's how y'all feel then The Chronic ain't shit.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »
You really don't think Reasonable Doubt is a classic album? I think its possibly one of the best albums ever, although I know there's a lot of Jay-haters who'll be quick to bash me. I can still listen to that album after god knows how many times and hear some dope wordplay or clever metaphor that I missed before, the way Jay hides those lyrical techniques in that album is classic in itself. This surely must be a favorite of any true fan of lyricism.

Although with that said neither Blueprint, nor the Black Album for that matter are classic in my book.

That fed her money so her shit made sense metaphor was ill, can't remember what track it was

Moe

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 03:50:24 PM »
any 2pac album thats considered a classic fits into this not really classic category

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »
Eminem's two first albums. Very dope albums indeed, but too much bullshit tracks to be classics for me.

kemizt

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »
this album gets so much praise but is the shittiest shit ever

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »
any 2pac album thats considered a classic fits into this not really classic category

:laugh:

Pac has like 5 classic albums.

i would say The Black Album is nowhere near a classic.

its a great CD, but a 4/5 CD is not the same as a 5/5 CD.

this is a weird thing though, because what is a classic album? it's all about taste; i mean look at what Dre-Day said...

i respect all his opinons but he thinks Illmatic isn't a pure classic.

i think Illmatic is one of the greatest albums in rap history, so this whole thread comes down to taste.

Jaydc555

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »
I think their are certified classics in every genre that even fans of other music go that's a classic.Illmatic,paid in full,the chronic,doggystyle,enter the 36 chambers,me against the world,ready to die,midnight mauraders.a few others.These albums are considered classic.

Jaydc555

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »
A personal classic is me saying cormega the realness

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »
you notice how people don't label classic albums anymore?

if it was made back in the day & it was good it is a classic today.

The Marshall Mathers LP is the last album that people really said was a true classic, everything after that seems to just be a "near classic" or "personal classic".

if Get Rich or Die Tryin' was made and released in 1994 or 1996 & 50 never really sold out for the bitches, i wonder how much differently people would look at that album today.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
Life after Death
Blueprint
Chronic & 2001
Paid in Full (But i havent listened to this 4 a while! And i think i was a tad too young wen i first peeped it)
Ems first 3 (MMLPs a modern classic tho'...)
Regulate...G-Funk Era
Any Kanye album (Maybe a modern classic?)
Black Album

Theres more but minds a blank at the moment, i know im gonna catch hate for some of these but its simply my honest opiinion...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49:32 PM »
NO Gangstarr albums are classic.  I've tried to listen to most of them but always found myself getting sleepy and or bored everytime
Get Rich Or Die Trying.  i could never see how ppl call this a classic... Good album.... indeed
Illmatic.  Way too overrated.  I mean serious 9 tracks that are all (besides 1) under 5 minutes long.  It's 9 songs, not 15.  I can take 9 Gucci Mane songs from some mixtapes (all made in the same year) and make a better album than Illmatic.... real talk!
Eazy E's albums... All of them.  I LOVE Eazy, but I'm a realist, his shit wasn't that hot... they were always too short.  I never understood why he never just waited a lil' longer to record something and then put it out.  But Eazy Duz It was the shit in the 80's i bet.
Livin' Like Hustlers & Black Mafia Life.... NOPE!  I've heard this stressed so many times
Ridin' Dirty... i like this album but it wasn't hittin' it 4 me like that... The UnderGround Kingz album is a CLASSIC tho
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.  it's an early version of that newer Outkast sound at that time but it wasn't a classic.... A+++++ for effort tho.
La Belle La Mafia - i guess we all know tha story about this 1
Take A Look Over Your Shoulder (Reality) - cheezy azz beats

Slept on albums:

Encore
Tha Doggfather/Dead Man Walkin'
Chapter 2: World Domination
The Inspiration
Tha Massacre
Buck The World
Ghetty Green

all these albums have been acknowledge but they havent been givin' their proper dues.  of course there's more on both list but who are we to do all of the judgen.

herpes

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »
you notice how people don't label classic albums anymore?

if it was made back in the day & it was good it is a classic today.

The Marshall Mathers LP is the last album that people really said was a true classic, everything after that seems to just be a "near classic" or "personal classic".

if Get Rich or Die Tryin' was made and released in 1994 or 1996 & 50 never really sold out for the bitches, i wonder how much differently people would look at that album today.

Nah, just nothing good enough that has come out the past 6-7 years has been good enough to be considered a classic.

Jaydc555

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 10:16:37 PM »
I can't believe you just wrote you could find gucci mane tracks and make it better then illmatic.That could be the dumbest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 11:11:56 PM »
Gotta be "Blueprint". I gave that album like 10 chances and I just don't see it...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »
You really don't think Reasonable Doubt is a classic album? I think its possibly one of the best albums ever, although I know there's a lot of Jay-haters who'll be quick to bash me. I can still listen to that album after god knows how many times and hear some dope wordplay or clever metaphor that I missed before, the way Jay hides those lyrical techniques in that album is classic in itself. This surely must be a favorite of any true fan of lyricism.

Although with that said neither Blueprint, nor the Black Album for that matter are classic in my book.

That fed her money so her shit made sense metaphor was ill, can't remember what track it was

D'Evils ;)