Author Topic: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics  (Read 2632 times)

kuruptDPG

Re: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »
Thought id make this thread since classic is being thrown around like a everyday word, No hate just some of my opinions

off the top of my head

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt.....Amazing album and hands down jays best but it didnt quite do it for me for some reason
Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til' Infinity....Regarded as a classic by hiphop heads but i think most of the songs were dull , the title track is one of the best rap songs ever though.
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food...considered classic by 99% of the users here but imo some boring ass tracks kept it from being a classic.

add on........

great thread by the way. im mainly into westcoast but i dont feel jay'z's first album, couple of gd traks ther and then.

now dogg food....this is a classic definetly cause il tell you why:

1) you have 2 rappers who are legends. you have kurupt whos 1 of the best lyricists and daz being 1 of the best producers ever, that is some combo.
2) it sold 2 million.
3) from that album it let daz produce even better songs eg for 2pac.
4) they coped well without dre on this album even though he mixed it.
Replace "if we all fucc" and "some bomb azz puzzy" with Got My Mind Made Up(OG) and Cant C Us and What Would You Do as a bonus track...That would be a timeless classic to me 8)

im not a fan of "if we all fuck" but "some bomb azz pussy" is 1 of the best songs ever about pussy imo. daz killed it on the beat, smooth shit you could play it when fucking some bitch lol
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:46:35 PM by kurupt4life »

2euce 7even

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
Replace "if we all fucc" and "some bomb azz puzzy" with Got My Mind Made Up(OG) and Cant C Us and What Would You Do as a bonus track...That would be a timeless classic to me
agreed.
Are these considered classics?
in some way "yes".

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2009, 04:01:28 PM »
lol @ these Gucci Mane mixtape songs >>> Illmatic! :laugh:

you said some dumb shit, but that is the worst lol.

Illmatic is the foundation of rap lol, one of the most classic albums ever.

every song, individually, on that album is better than any song Gucci Mane has ever made. :laugh:

fuck wat u talkin bout Gucci is that nigga!

lmfao, i listened to the corny, typical southern beat & heard half of the awful chorus & X'd that shit out instantly lol.

the Intro (The Genesis) of Illmatic is better than this song. :laugh:

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »
black album

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »
Trap Muzik is border line, imo.

great album indeed, but classic? i don't know.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
lol @ these Gucci Mane mixtape songs >>> Illmatic! :laugh:

you said some dumb shit, but that is the worst lol.

Illmatic is the foundation of rap lol, one of the most classic albums ever.

every song, individually, on that album is better than any song Gucci Mane has ever made. :laugh:

fuck wat u talkin bout Gucci is that nigga!

lmfao, i listened to the corny, typical southern beat & heard half of the awful chorus & X'd that shit out instantly lol.

the Intro (The Genesis) of Illmatic is better than this song. :laugh:

that's obviously just your opinion

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »
Are these considered classics?
in some way "yes".

By whom? Where?

kemizt

Al Bundy

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2009, 04:17:24 PM »
NO Gangstarr albums are classic.  I've tried to listen to most of them but always found myself getting sleepy and or bored everytime
Illmatic.  Way too overrated.  I mean serious 9 tracks that are all (besides 1) under 5 minutes long.  It's 9 songs, not 15.  I can take 9 Gucci Mane songs from some mixtapes (all made in the same year) and make a better album than Illmatic.... real talk!

wow. i bump gucci mane but they are on two totally different levels. i can't stress enough how illmatic is classic. gucci mane hasn't made one classic album. fuck a mixtape

i don't want to insult you like most of the people on here will probably do after reading this quote but god damn, you make it pretty easy.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »
NO Gangstarr albums are classic.  I've tried to listen to most of them but always found myself getting sleepy and or bored everytime
Illmatic.  Way too overrated.  I mean serious 9 tracks that are all (besides 1) under 5 minutes long.  It's 9 songs, not 15.  I can take 9 Gucci Mane songs from some mixtapes (all made in the same year) and make a better album than Illmatic.... real talk!

wow. i bump gucci mane but they are on two totally different levels. i can't stress enough how illmatic is classic. gucci mane hasn't made one classic album. fuck a mixtape

i don't want to insult you like most of the people on here will probably do after reading this quote but god damn, you make it pretty easy.

naw, niggaz just don't fuck wit everything people think is "classic"- look at how y'all think of me for example.  im like the only person who even has a copy of Illmatic or who even remembers that album.  niggaz still remember Doggystyle, but not Illmatic

Invincible

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »

naw, niggaz just don't fuck wit everything people think is "classic"- look at how y'all think of me for example.  im like the only person who even has a copy of Illmatic or who even remembers that album.  niggaz still remember Doggystyle, but not Illmatic

Nobody remembers Illmatic? If you say so.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2009, 04:27:28 PM »

lol exactly.

if you have the album i think it's time to re-bump it & go look in a mirror after and slap yourself in the face lol.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »

Lol, I am pretty sure many of the older members here own a copy of Illmatic.  Quit acting like an oracle.

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »

maybe up North they still ride out 2 that shit but once you hit Maryland and all tha way to California that shit is dead.  I'm tellin' u, Illmatic is like an old Parliment tape now, no lie.  This isn't my opinion neither, just my observation and numerous encounters talking with people.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2009, 04:30:46 PM »
I'm not shittin' on "illmatic" but that album doesn't get any play really.  like i can't tell you tha last time i heard ANYBODY play a song off of there, not even on tha radio when they do old skool hip hop sets, and that nigga plays everything, shit all of us forgot about.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2009, 04:35:47 PM »
I'm not shittin' on "illmatic" but that album doesn't get any play really.  like i can't tell you tha last time i heard ANYBODY play a song off of there, not even on tha radio when they do old skool hip hop sets, and that nigga plays everything, shit all of us forgot about.

what does people "not remembering Illmatic" or whatever insane point your trying to make have to do with it's classicness?

who cares how many people you think bump it still? it's still a classic album.