Author Topic: Eminems Relapse is the album that is getting your money worth.  (Read 740 times)

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminems Relapse is the album that is getting your money worth.
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with forcing yourself to listen to an album in order to like it, as if you listen to anything enough eventually your grow to like it, if you really want to that is...the bad thing about it in my opinion is when you see people saying
Its the best thing out there in last hmmm..damn donno how many years but its been long since sth of this quality hit the stores. I wont talk about production, lyrics, concept cause even the biggest critics of Dres and Eminems work agreed that this is close to perfection or even prefect
C'mon now i can respect an opinion but :-X  ::) :laugh:

JohnnyL

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with forcing yourself to listen to an album in order to like it, as if you listen to anything enough eventually your grow to like it, if you really want to that is...the bad thing about it in my opinion is when you see people saying
Its the best thing out there in last hmmm..damn donno how many years but its been long since sth of this quality hit the stores. I wont talk about production, lyrics, concept cause even the biggest critics of Dres and Eminems work agreed that this is close to perfection or even prefect
C'mon now i can respect an opinion but :-X  ::) :laugh:

Well, I understand your point.  And I don't personally agree that it's the best album in years.  But if that's his opinion, I can respect that.  I'm not trying to speak for anyone else, but I will say that it seems like there's been a drought of good, commercially available music, lately.  And the fact that a lot of people view this as a pretty solid album may account for some people thinking that it's the best thing to come out for a while.  Personally, other than "Relapse," I think Tech N9ne's "Sickology" cd was the last album I've bought in quite a while that I was pretty happy with.  Maybe I'm overlooking something, but that's all that comes to mind.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
I agree with your opinion, like i said in my first post, i think that the reason why people are feeling this so much is because of the lack of top quality mainstream albums, therefore expectations are lowered and albums are over-hyped/felt imo

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »
I like every song exept for "Must Be The Ganja. Bought the album and I have to say it's the best Em album since MMLP! Just my opinion
Totally agree.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
Well, he's not getting my money, that's for sure.

DIP DIP SET SET

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 01:55:10 AM »
I don't agree.Most albums that ended up being some of my favorite albums are ones I didn't care for much the first listen.Same with albums I love the first listen.Good music has depth that takes more then one listen to really appreciate

Lupe Fiasco was like that for me...

But in this instance though, I think people are trying hard to like it cuz of the names attached to it, when they should just trust their gut?

in most cases you're right but this is actually a solid album..and Jay, "Insane" is a dope track whether or not ppl can stomach it or not it is one of my fav tracks from the album.