Author Topic: Encore Is The Shit!  (Read 1792 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Encore Is The Shit!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
Encore has always sucked and it will always suck. 

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »

oh and FACK LOL

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 08:08:57 AM »
I have to disagree that Encore is "the shit", but Yellow Brick Road is one of my favorite Eminem tracks. His flow at parts is crazy.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 08:29:21 AM »
Encore is the album that gets hated on because it arrived after a period of completely direct serious music.  The majority of The Eminem Show followed this pattern as did the 8 Mile tracks like Lose Yourself or Rabbit Run.  Encore continued this but it also had tracks dressed comically with serious undertones (most people don't pick up them.)

Like tracks 1-6 are directly serious, people seem to not mind those.  

From track 7 and until about track 14 they become more comical but they're still serious.  Puke is about his relationship with Kim.  My 1st Single is a play on the traditional single for rap albums.  Rain Man is about his critics and his career.   Big Weenie continues to address his critics.  

The rest of the album goes back to the serious format.

This content is simple to understand.  I don't understand how you don't understand what he's spitting about.  

I'll say this, it's his worst album.  It's a collection of tracks not supported by a conceptual backbone other than it might be his last effort.  It's not comical like Em was in SSLP.  Most of the album was serious despite the comical added for the middle of the album.  There's plenty of tracks that I won't listen to on repeat but that doesn't make them bad tracks.  I can see how people find the flow of the album off putting.  Transitioning from Mosh to Puke is jolting.    The first half of the album is superior to the second half with the exception of Encore.   Still a dope album.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:50 AM »

It's not about it not having a concept to it, it's just most of the songs I just shit, pure and simple lol

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »
Damn, I've always liked puke, maybe because of the line:

"You're a fucking coke head slut I hope you fucking die
I hope you get to hell and Satan sticks a needle in your eye "

That always made me laugh hard  :D
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 09:01:41 AM »

It's not about it not having a concept to it, it's just most of the songs I just shit, pure and simple lol

You just shit?  I don't understand that comment and I don't understand how you can hate on this album.  Comments like yours convince me that you're not listening to the music and you shouldn't post because you're just going to say the same thing over and over again instead of proving any real information.  I understand we like what we like but if you're going to post you might as well elaborate on why you don't like it and stating "I just shit, pure and simple" don't add up.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

JohnnyL

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:32 AM »
be real.....judging by his work since,em should have retired after mmlp

Why would you say that?

I think he still had not reached his peek.  I think Eminem's greatest album was The Eminem Show.  That album is flawless from beginning to end, and he even produced the majority of the tracks on there.  Slim Shady LP and MMLP were both great records as well, but they were shorter and reflected an earlier period is his career, I think Eminem Show is when he came full circle. 

Then his most successful song ever and the song I believe he will be most remembered for 20 years from now is "Lose Yourself" off the 8 Mile Soundtrack.  Also, "8 Mile" rd. is my personal favorite of his.  Also, his work on 50's first album and jump starting his career early on can not be forgotten.  Then after Get Rich Or Die Trying jumped off Eminem fell off after that and has never been the same since.  That's when you really start to notice a difference.  But from 1998 to 2003 everything Eminem put out was excellent.

I agree.  While "The Slim Shady LP" will probably always be my personal favorite, I think "The Eminem Show" was his best album.  I know a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I think of all his albums "The Eminem Show" showed the most growth as an artist.  Where I think Eminem went wrong with "Encore," is it seemed like they were not trying to cover any new ground.  (At least not in any way that the fans liked).  It seemed like they knew the blue print they used for "The Eminem Show" had been a winning formula, and because of that, they tried to duplicate it.  Personally, I don't hate "Encore" but I do think that it's the weakest solo album in his discography right now.  There were some songs on there that I still really like and some where I thought that it just really didn't sound like his heart was in it.  I actually hated the first single "Just Lose It," because it seemed so derivative of every other first single he had.  But there were a lot of other songs like "Spend Some Time," and "Never Enough" that I thought were real tight tracks.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »
Encore gets hated on way to much. I'll agree that it is his worst album, but it is not a poor or pointless album. There's an abundance of technical originality on that album, as well as some thematic originality. Granted, there are several quite annoying tracks on it, but most of them have some redeeming qualities: My First Single has that insane Justin & Britney verse, Big Weenie is fuckin' hilarious and I'll never get why Rain Man is hated on - that is a killer track in every way.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »
 ???

Encore is his worst album.

i have already said in other threads that it gets too much hate, but it's because it is an average album; but compared to his great shit, this album looks TERRIBLE.

i saw you threw this in the "Classic Albums that you don't think are classic" thread as a "heavily slept on album".

are you trying to imply that this is somewhere near a classic album?!? :laugh:

debating whether it is an average album or not is a whole argument itself. :laugh:

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
Encore is HORRIBLE in every sense. Any sane hiphop head will know this. Sure you'll get a few cats who like it but in general the album is horrible. backstory or concepts dont matter, the shit is weak, has no replay value, the lyrics are terrible in general, the music is wack, this album will always be known as one of the worst released albums by a major cat.

People who like this album im convinced will like anything eminem drops regardless because the album is a joke. Its that bad. 2-3 decent songs on the whole album. Pretty much sums it all up.

Only hardcore eminem fans will tell you they like this and i'll usually just laugh. Most cats who understand music and hiphop know this shit is garbage on every level. Even relapse with alot of dodgy moments is still a better album than encore.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »
Fav track.....Rainman
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
Fav track.....Rainman

favorite beat, probably.

but lyrically that track is awful.

his flow is SICK though lol.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »
Fav track.....Rainman

favorite beat, probably.

but lyrically that track is awful.

his flow is SICK though lol.
8) "I killed Superman, I killed Super----Man"
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »
I guess we'll be fighting til tha end of time with this album... i fuck wit it, and 4 million other people fuck with it too.  it's not like they didn't hear the album before they brought it.