Author Topic: Raider fans, Maybe it wasnt such a bad pick...  (Read 198 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Raider fans, Maybe it wasnt such a bad pick...
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:57:06 PM »
Most of us were like "what!??!" when they picked DHB in round 1. Then, let loose an even bigger "what??!" with Michael Mitchell in round 2.  Shit, he wasnt even expected to be drafted within the first 4 rounds and wasnt even invited to the combine.

BUT...i think he might turn out to be a good pick up. Word was, the Bears were going to take him with the 49th pick....2 picks later....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0e4yTwmHyc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X0e4yTwmHyc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Raider fans, Maybe it wasnt such a bad pick...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »
I'm not surprised that the Raiders took DHB because he is such a freak athlete, and he should be better on the deep routes for JaMarcus. I think a more sure-handed and pro-ready WR like Crabtree would have been smarter, but DHB gives them a serious threat. I only saw Michael Mitchell play once, and it was against Ohio State, and after seeing the highlights I remember him making some big hits. A lot of the small school guys get looked over for no reason, although his production wasn't great. Both guys are great athletes, but projects.
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 12:38:17 AM »
you never know. predicting the draft is far from an exact science. even the raiders cant be wrong all the time.....

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:53:08 AM »
^^Word, they did draft Asomugha late 1st round. Personally, I liked the DHB pick, it got us Crabtree!!!
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:17:45 AM »
^^Word, they did draft Asomugha late 1st round. Personally, I liked the DHB pick, it got us Crabtree!!!
lol,word i aint mad at that pick at all

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:52:44 AM »
lol,word i aint mad at that pick at all

I was never mad at the DHB pick, only that they took him at 7. They could have traded down for sure and still got him.  Crabtree's bitchass didnt wanna be in Oakland anyways.  We'll see how he turns out, maybe the 9'ers just got themselves another TO.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"