Author Topic: I got to give Dre his props....Relapse is the best produced album last 6-7 years  (Read 2467 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
every fucking joint (except the EM produced "Beautiful" bangs like mutha fukka.  The she-thang still got

notable bangers:
My Mom
Bagpipes
Hello
Medicine Ball
Old Times
De ja Vu
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Relapse was definately bangin', I don't know if I would say it was the best in the last 7 years though. Dre arguably produced better tracks on Get Rich or Die Tryin' and The Documentary, which were both crazy albums sonically.

Jome

:o :o

Had to check the user-name.. twice.  :P

I would like to nominate the Underground-beat as well, when the beat fades away at the end you can hear some insane effects, like a choir is part of the beat.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Yeah when I first heard Underground I was blown away at different parts, some real motion picture shit.

PLANT

Dre definately did his thing with the beats on Relapse

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
I'd say best production on an album since 04/05. Documentary, Big Bang and some others had some crazy beats, but as a whole they are not even close to this one. Dre did his thing, and if this is a hint of what Detox will sound like, i'm all for it. First it was G-Funk, then the 2001 Piano's and Guitars sound, now some motion picture, choir & bass shit. This right here is the new dre sound.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
the thing with this album is that the ENTIRE album bangs, other albums like Big Bang, GRODT, had mad fillers on them and some real weak shit

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
I'm sure some eastcoast albums have had much better production.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
Great production, BUT The Doctor's Advocate had better production, IMO.

Portugoal

There are only two songs on Relapse I still give rotation.

Matty

not really feeling the production on relapse a huge amount. this is a minority viewpoint, but i think its pretty flat sounding. if its even a small indicator of what detox will sound like, then that album will come in WAY, WAY below my expectations. at the moment i'm borderline thinking that dre has genuinely lost his touch, while still holding out hope that there will be some better sounds coming from his production camp.

hopefully relapse is just a one-off but at the moment i'm more interested in hearing an a-grade khalil production than a dre/dawaun parker/batson beat.

got a feeling that there's too many yes men, nobody to tell him that shit just isn't bumping compared to his previous work. but lol @ bishop lamont agreeing with that radio host that crack a bottle is 'horrible' :laugh: his album probably has some really good shit on it (dre wise) but at this rate we'll never get to hear it...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:39:25 AM by Matty »

makemoneymoney

• Lil Geezy
the beats are mediocre homie, and that goes for nearly every new dre beat that aint got storch or elizondo co producing with him, i hate myself for saying this but 90% of down south beats shit on the production of relapse, it was realy nothing special, as far as "west coast" beats go now, the crown holder is j.r rotem, he's producing the beats i expect to come from dre

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
:o :o

Had to check the user-name.. twice.  :P

I would like to nominate the Underground-beat as well, when the beat fades away at the end you can hear some insane effects, like a choir is part of the beat.

Lol word, have to give props to LBIA for being objective. BTW I told Matty that he increases the volume of that Underground joint and he did but it didn't help much. Crazy effects though.

But yes I do agree, I've also said in Outbound that this is the best produced album since 2001. There's no doubt in my mind about that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:07:59 AM by Meho »

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
not really feeling the production on relapse a huge amount. this is a minority viewpoint, but i think its pretty flat sounding. if its even a small indicator of what detox will sound like, then that album will come in WAY, WAY below my expectations. at the moment i'm borderline thinking that dre has genuinely lost his touch, while still holding out hope that there will be some better sounds coming from his production camp.

hopefully relapse is just a one-off but at the moment i'm more interested in hearing an a-grade khalil production than a dre/dawaun parker/batson beat.

got a feeling that there's too many yes men, nobody to tell him that shit just isn't bumping compared to his previous work. but lol @ bishop lamont agreeing with that radio host that crack a bottle is 'horrible' :laugh: his album probably has some really good shit on it (dre wise) but at this rate we'll never get to hear it...
[/s]

you just had to mention detox, It's time we END this DETOX Shit.......UNTIL DRE Himself starts PROMOTING IT !!!

but as for the album, the shit hits hard but if you have a sorry ass system that cant pick up the low kicks then i feel sorry for u !
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:01:47 AM by Native American »
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
To me...The Big Bang and Doctors Advocate is the top 2. Fave track on Relapse tho is Stay Awake!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?