Author Topic: I got to give Dre his props....Relapse is the best produced album last 6-7 years  (Read 2468 times)

Blasphemy

What I'm wondering is if there are any non- Em f(st)ans who thought this was a good album. Like people who like some of his music but don't have all of his albums. I'm really surprised there are people at all who think this is a great album and are comparing it to his previous releases. If this isn't a mediocre album at best then I don't know what is. How bad of an album does Em have to release for these people to admit its not good?

It was good but not up to par with MMLP or Eminem Show IMO

At least you will admit that its a disappointment compared to his other albums. People use the excuse that "oh every other mainstream album sucks so this is a good album by comparison." No, its still trash. Its better trash than some other albums but its still trash for Em standards.

Lol, I would not say all that. I enjoyed the album. I did not go into it expecting a MMLP or anything else. I try to keep a open mind and separate each album a artist puts out. As long as I enjoy it then cool. Relaspe is a good album, not so sure if I consider it great but a very good album.

Yeah I sorta agree. He can't have another MMLP or SSLP or even TES. I mean Encore = his weakest album, this is basically better then Encore, but weaker then then The Eminem show. I mean his album strengths sorta go MMLP>SSLP>TES>Relapse>Encore. Because MMLP was his highest selling, had his best lyrics, and was pretty raw on some fronts. SSLP is what brought him to fame, had crazy lyrics and was just him before the controversy.The Eminem Show was basically him trying to make deeper music (Sing for the Moment, Cleaning out my closet), and turning down for a softer tone. Then Encore....well everything on that was just simple....Weakest album by far.

Then you got Relapse which while going though the numbers:Homosexuals,Shock Lyrics,Drug Abuse being the major factor on this 1, his mom, and possibly KIM on relapse 2. His Rhymes are better then Encore, the Production is better then Encore, but are pretty much on the same level as The Eminem Show.The Lyrics are similar to The Slim Shady LP, but are not as good in comparison, like I said its pretty much better then Encore, but not as strong as The Eminem Show. Basically a 2009 Eminem show IMO. Relapse 2 can possibly be a better album.

Though I have to admit, Song's like Beautiful is pretty much what the Album Could of been, if he didn't take his Safe zone for granted. Its sorta like 2001, The Entire album could of been like "The Message" if he didn't go into his Safe zone of Gangsta Rap norms. Its still good (both of em are) I mean If he had gone this route, he could of possibly has his own MATW type thing going on. Relapse 2 sounds like it will be more Chaotic and raw, based off the last track.

LOL, do you really think so?

If Dr. Dre can keep Detox on everyone's fucking mind with out saying shit 4 so long, I think anything is possible.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
every fucking joint (except the EM produced "Beautiful" bangs like mutha fukka.  The she-thang still got

notable bangers:
My Mom
Bagpipes
Hello
Medicine Ball
Old Times
De ja Vu
u new fans ears for music is shit...this has to be the worst lp.of the year. :(

go back and bump your gucci maine
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
What I'm wondering is if there are any non- Em f(st)ans who thought this was a good album. Like people who like some of his music but don't have all of his albums. I'm really surprised there are people at all who think this is a great album and are comparing it to his previous releases. If this isn't a mediocre album at best then I don't know what is. How bad of an album does Em have to release for these people to admit its not good?

At least you will admit that its a disappointment compared to his other albums. People use the excuse that "oh every other mainstream album sucks so this is a good album by comparison." No, its still trash. Its better trash than some other albums but its still trash for Em standards.

Lol, I would not say all that. I enjoyed the album. I did not go into it expecting a MMLP or anything else. I try to keep a open mind and separate each album a artist puts out. As long as I enjoy it then cool. Relaspe is a good album, not so sure if I consider it great but a very good album.

Yeah I sorta agree. He can't have another MMLP or SSLP or even TES. I mean Encore = his weakest album, this is basically better then Encore, but weaker then then The Eminem show. I mean his album strengths sorta go MMLP>SSLP>TES>Relapse>Encore. Because MMLP was his highest selling, had his best lyrics, and was pretty raw on some fronts. SSLP is what brought him to fame, had crazy lyrics and was just him before the controversy.The Eminem Show was basically him trying to make deeper music (Sing for the Moment, Cleaning out my closet), and turning down for a softer tone. Then Encore....well everything on that was just simple....Weakest album by far.

Then you got Relapse which while going though the numbers:Homosexuals,Shock Lyrics,Drug Abuse being the major factor on this 1, his mom, and possibly KIM on relapse 2. His Rhymes are better then Encore, the Production is better then Encore, but are pretty much on the same level as The Eminem Show.The Lyrics are similar to The Slim Shady LP, but are not as good in comparison, like I said its pretty much better then Encore, but not as strong as The Eminem Show. Basically a 2009 Eminem show IMO. Relapse 2 can possibly be a better album.

Though I have to admit, Song's like Beautiful is pretty much what the Album Could of been, if he didn't take his Safe zone for granted. Its sorta like 2001, The Entire album could of been like "The Message" if he didn't go into his Safe zone of Gangsta Rap norms. Its still good (both of em are) I mean If he had gone this route, he could of possibly has his own MATW type thing going on. Relapse 2 sounds like it will be more Chaotic and raw, based off the last track.

If Dr. Dre can keep Detox on everyone's fucking mind with out saying shit 4 so long, I think anything is possible.
the thing is, Eminem & Dre want Relapse II to sell, so you already know what the first single is going to be like.
not to mention that the horrible vocals will be all over Relapse II.
besides, Eminem doesn't like making a lot of dark tracks.

Blasphemy

Main thing: NO accent. lol

the thing is, Eminem & Dre want Relapse II to sell, so you already know what the first single is going to be like.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
didn't you plan to respond to the quote?

Blasphemy

I did! LOL look up, I forgot to scroll down. Its in the second qoute. LOL I'm a little blunted.

Blasphemy

can the (real) parrots please stand up?

Cause I'm selling out! ALL YOU OTHER RAPPERS ARE JUST IMITATING!!! oh wait.... (Crack a bottle:Club Single, No Deep Content, pop track....) >> lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

I did! LOL look up, I forgot to scroll down. Its in the second qoute. LOL I'm a little blunted.
ah, i didn't notice it before.

Main thing: NO accent. lol

that would definitely make Relapse II more listenable.
whether that's enough is questionable.

can the (real) parrots please stand up?

Cause I'm selling out! ALL YOU OTHER RAPPERS ARE JUST IMITATING!!! oh wait.... (Crack a bottle:Club Single, No Deep Content, pop track....) >> lol
LOL if you think Crack a bottle is bad, then what about Cum On Everybody

quiksta80

• 'G'
Im not a eminem fan much at all. I liked marshall mathers lp a lot but after that i got bored of em with the eminem show n the encore. Thing I didnt like about TES is some of the songs where he tried to act all hard n go gangsta on us like the song soldier I just can't take him seriously when he is actually trying to be hard and he aint joking about it. encore was just crap with all the accents he used and jibberish lyrics. So when i heard crack a bottle n we made you i didnt expect much from relapse but the first time i heard the album i was cutting my hair n was blown away with some of the production then i started listening to the lyrics n he was on point too like with the jam stay wide awake thats off the hook flowing. I know he does the accent thing a bunch on this album too but this time it actually worked for me. So all in all i think its a real good album and was taken by suprise with it. I dig it a lot more the then blaqkout album and i been a quik fan forever and still am. I just judge each cd as a individual album rather then who its coming from....ok bring the heat im sure i'll get tore for this  haha

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the beats were the only descent part of the album

SOUL MECHANIX

• 'G'
Albums incredible!