Author Topic: I got to give Dre his props....Relapse is the best produced album last 6-7 years  (Read 2119 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
 :o :yikes:
Whats today's date? April 1st? I thought we were in May already? LongBeach is giving Dre props?

:o Your hater pass is revoked til Detox drops.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:57:44 AM by PresidentUP »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
in todays day, having many producers on an album does not matter anymore because its become the norm. Aslong as there is an executive producer who can quality control (they dont come better than dre at this) it wont effect an album aslong as the production is heat. Even relapse production wise has moments of differences. I definately agree with the rapsodie cat that this is NOT the best production at all.

I agree about westside story having a similar sound to/influence to in da club in some ways but the production on that was better top to bottom than this, a bigger sound too imo. How we do/higher/start from scratch etc and some of the other shit on that album, i think the production on that was better. Cheers imo>>relapse in terms of production. Music outside of aftermath releases have better production than this too. I do like the production on relapse though, no hate!

pz!

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
Dre was recycling on Documentary too: Westside Story >> mix of In Da Club and Still Dre and Higher >> Outta Control. Start From Scratch was an amazing production though, no doubt.

Westside Story = west coast In Da Club
Higher = west coast Outta Control
Hard Liquor = west coast If I Can't

At least to my ears anyway. All of them were still dope bangers though.

By the way, I think people were talking about Hard Liqour in a topic a while ago, I got the track on my phone if people were wanting it uploaded.

EnzoUK

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • #Slaughterhouse
personally i didnt think the production was all that great...it wasnt what it was hyped to be. He's had 5 years to sort this album and lets be honest its not that great..the beats and tracks are not all that memorable.

iv already stopped bumping it cause theirs better stuff out.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
BTW I don't think that this is how Detox will sound. I mean it will but even bigger. He's giving us a taste with Em's and probably 50's new album, like he did with Snoop's before 2001 dropped. It's much better than the boring loops he's been dropping after Big Bang. Because you have to remember that back in 03-05 all those Dre beats were also superb because he scrapped Detox and was giving his artists tracks straight from the album. Right now he's dropping 70% finished joints. That's at least how I picture it.

Matty

cheers was some time ago but the direction on that album was great. the set-up was a monster beat!

his new drum sounds are a lot clearer and crisper but i don't think they've really found the best musical direction for it yet. relapse has some great moments but on the whole all over the place and the basslines are seriously lacking. it just hasn't got the funk/head nodding factor...

outta control rmx - monster low bassline, crisp drums
get up - big metallic low-end and thump, crisp live drum effects
shit popped off - crisp live drum effects, smooth bassline

most of all these tracks have seriously infectious rhythms 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • No justice, no peace
:o :yikes:
Whats today's date? April 1st? I thought we were in May already? LongBeach is giving Dre props?

:o Your hater pass is revoked til Detox drops.

lol, Long beach was never really a hater  ;)
he was just a bitter fan

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
alot of yall dont know what the fuck yall are talkin about when it comes to production.

picture it without the vocals because i know for plenty of wanna be critics the vocals make the production. so stick to the program ya critic :)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
I do agree about the bassline, the bass on Must Be The Ganja is really weak.

Matty

that's gotta be sarcastic :laugh:

its a strange kind of bassline though, that papoose joint has a similar kind of thing going on. the beat for 'must be the ganja' is a high point on the album though, that shit bangs 8)

and NauticaICE are you trying to say that vocals don't matter in production? if your considering the vocals then your a 'wanna be' critic? :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:19:14 PM by Matty »

GoldyLoc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
:o :o

Had to check the user-name.. twice.  :P

I would like to nominate the Underground-beat as well, when the beat fades away at the end you can hear some insane effects, like a choir is part of the beat.

You damn right! The Choir is crazy  :o  sounds like a Score or something

Mista Rosa

talking about dre my last favorite beats from him are from tha blue carpet treatment "boss's life" and "imagine" were crazy
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Matty

especially 'imagine' 8)

tempo2

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
when talking about production why do people only ever talk about the beat? and never about the vocals over the top and how dre gets the mc to rap in the pocket each and every time? beats = production but production dosent = the beat, listen to how the strings can act as a bridge to the corus and how the post hooks are layed.

Mr. VIP

waste of dre beats fuck eminem dude is corny and boring.

8)

Paul

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Salute

8)

:oi:
funkyfreshintheflesh

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Tonite

8)

the thing is though, EM tore them up

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

DTG Entertainment

8)

the thing is though, EM tore them up

What happened here? I never expected to see anything from this thread in your text. Lol.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Tonite
So today I actually bought the album, and without question this album smacks like no album in a long time in the car

"Hello" is ridiculously nice

Paul

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Salute
So today I actually bought the album, and without question this album smacks like no album in a long time in the car

Have your expectations risen for Detox after hearing Relapse?
funkyfreshintheflesh

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
I'm also thinking of buying the album, which will be the first since God knows when. I'm gonna wait another month for the replay value but I have to say that after listening to it for 1 week on mp3 player and then for another in the car, the only track I skip is Insane because he's screaming like a retard on it. The rest is still so fresh and every day a new track is my favorite, right now it's Bagpipes. Album is amazing sonically.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Dynasty Circle Of Bosses
I agree with LBIA. +1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Tonite

Have your expectations risen for Detox after hearing Relapse?

They have not risen, because I know the guest list will be wack as it will basically be a pop guest list.  EM hasn't been this focused on an album since MMLP

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
lol...everyone hated relapse when it first leaked. What happened?

Mr. VIP

lol...everyone hated relapse when it first leaked. What happened?

u got to remember theres a lot of 13 year old euro's and peckerwoods on here that know better camron's "crime pays" is better than this and im sure clyde carsons ep will shit on this too....

8)